List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on nabbing Lachie Tardew? Seems like a decent player, won the VFL award. I like his style.

Don't need to go to other clubs - if you haven't as yet look up the early life of Jamie - combine that with the pain he has played through lately and you have a story that would make anyone proud.
Whilst that may be true of Jamie’s early playing life and even of recent, Stynes played 244 consecutive games and was a great contributor to the community off the field. So whilst there are many that are just as good a player if not better, Styne’s legacy is one that any person would be able to surpass. Ever. Point being, we all here love footy but there’s much more to life than footy. Irrespective of what club you barrack for.

Without wanting to burst your bubble:
1. McMahon won't be ready. Dude needs some meat on him and a lot of conditioning. He's not the most beautiful forward, either. Quite painful, really.
2. Johnson won't be a round one starter. Expecting an ANZAC Day debut.
3. Begg will be a back part starter, maybe not debuting until 2023.
4. Kreuger, Lipinski and Daicos will be the game changers.
5. Expect for from Macrae, McInnes, Henry, Poulter and Bianco. They are our most talented youth core.
I know very little about Kreuger and Lipinski, but would be interested in why two players unable to get a game with their own clubs and not going to command high draft picks for trade are going to be 'game changers' for us. Seems that we always overrate our own players, including many of the other names you mention.

Moore and De Goey realistically are on a salary that won't dramatically change for their next contract. I personally believe there is enough loyalty there to protect any overs from clubs like north. If they are restricted FA I think we would just about match anything unless a club has space to offer an unprecedented yearly salary or injuries/behaviour impacted our decisions.

Maynard is rightly due for a contract bump. He will get it, there's no doubt. Given Elliot, Howe, Pendles, Steele and WHE are out of contract end of next year there will be room to move.

Can't recall the length and $ we are covering Treloar but across the above and players like J Daicos that amount we are paying will be smoothed out to be as close to irrelevant as possible.

Will leave us with:
- Grundy
- De Goey
- Moore
- Maynard
- Adams

As our Multi year higher $$ contracts.

Sounds alot like a team that was 17th 2 years ago with:
- Gawn
- Petracca
- May
- Lever
- Oliver

I do recall one of the presenters on Trade Radio, it might have been Sam Edmund mention ear in the week that it average out at $300k per season for 5 years but that Treloar’s contract had been front loaded so that our obligation was completed sooner. He didn’t say when that obligation would be complete though.

Last edited:
Moore and De Goey realistically are on a salary that won't dramatically change for their next contract. I personally believe there is enough loyalty there to protect any overs from clubs like north. If they are restricted FA I think we would just about match anything unless a club has space to offer an unprecedented yearly salary or injuries/behaviour impacted our decisions.

Maynard is rightly due for a contract bump. He will get it, there's no doubt. Given Elliot, Howe, Pendles, Steele and WHE are out of contract end of next year there will be room to move.

Can't recall the length and $ we are covering Treloar but across the above and players like J Daicos that amount we are paying will be smoothed out to be as close to irrelevant as possible.

Will leave us with:
- Grundy
- De Goey
- Moore
- Maynard
- Adams

- Gawn
- Petracca
- May
- Lever
- Oliver

Maynards last contract was dome by Ned Guy. I doubt he will need a bump.

Graham Wrights comments in the media about not out of the woods yet will be a message to the players more than anyone. No easy deals will get done and there will be no overs.

Dont believe all the hype that we will have to let go of one of Maynard Degoey or Moore

Also to appear that we are tight so we don’t get shafted by other clubs.
For all we know we might be all squared up already.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know very little about Kreuger and Lipinski, but would be interested in why two players unable to get a game with their own clubs and not going to command high draft picks for trade are going to be 'game changers' for us. Seems that we always overrate our own players, including many of the other names you mention.
Bont McRae Dunkley Smith Treloar
Hawkins, Cameron, Rato (can't spell).
I'm more bullish on Lipinski as I've actually seen him play, but getting stuck behind elite as a young player is not an indicator of you not being able to play.

Oh dear god. Go rewatch the ANZAC day game and watch him let Tippa kick 5 on him and look like a lost little puppy. Rewatch the game in Rd23 when he didn't even look to spoil the ball because he got blinded by the sun and then he yelled to blame his teammates up the field for his error.

This type of comment is the type of ridiculous insults Grundy gets for no reason whatsoever. Madgen is a VFL battler but he's not AFL quality and Grundy is a top 3 ruck in the league. To say he was more serviceable? than a bloke who will finish top 5 in our bnf is extremely offensive honestly.

Take the Grundy contract $$ blinding your bias and appreciate what he does for our team week in week out.
Not bad for our highest paid player. Nearly beaten by Moore & Roughead :rolleyes::tearsofjoy:

Bont McRae Dunkley Smith Treloar
Hawkins, Cameron, Rato (can't spell).
I'm more bullish on Lipinski as I've actually seen him play, but getting stuck behind elite as a young player is not an indicator of you not being able to play.
I didn't say he couldn't play. I questioned him becoming a game changer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't say he couldn't play. I questioned him becoming a game changer.
Did you think Jack Crisp was going to be a game changer?
Same with Aliir Aliir. Did you believe he was going to be one for port?
There are diamonds in the rough out there, and we’d be doing our club a disservice not exploring it.

doggies fans I know are actually upset at losing him, they think he can seriously play

Without wanting to burst your bubble:
1. McMahon won't be ready. Dude needs some meat on him and a lot of conditioning. He's not the most beautiful forward, either. Quite painful, really.
2. Johnson won't be a round one starter. Expecting an ANZAC Day debut.
3. Begg will be a back part starter, maybe not debuting until 2023.
4. Kreuger, Lipinski and Daicos will be the game changers.
5. Expect for from Macrae, McInnes, Henry, Poulter and Bianco. They are our most talented youth core.
I reckon you can add McCreery and Ginnivan in your most talented youth.

Will leave us with:
- Grundy
- De Goey
- Moore
- Maynard
- Adams

- Gawn
- Petracca
- May
- Lever
- Oliver

I can notice the sentiment here but the issue is that May & Lever are better than Moore & Maynard, Gawn is a better ruck than Grundy albeit not better around the ground and the biggest glaring hole in all of this is that Adams and JDG aren’t fit to be in the same conversation as Petracca and Oliver.

Not to mention Moore Adams and JDG are walking wounded and average 12-15 missed games combined between them yearly. Trac Gawn & Oliver just don’t miss games, and it’s been a long time for both May & Lever in dees colours. That’s what kills us, especially when they’re in your highest bracket earners.

If we are to see any resemblance of Melbourne we need our three to play 20+ games, JDG needs to hit another 3/4 gears and Adams needs to play within his limitations but become more damaging. Asking too much?

Whilst that may be true of Jamie’s early playing life and even of recent, Stynes played 244 consecutive games and was a great contributor to the community off the field. So whilst there are many that are just as good a player if not better, Styne’s legacy is one that any person would be able to surpass. Ever. Point being, we all here love footy but there’s much more to life than footy. Irrespective of what club you barrack for.
I have the greatest respect for Jim both in his football life and in the community and would never belittle him in any way.

However, a knowledge of Jamie's PERSONAL life and family circumstances in his early years, combined with the struggle he has played through in these later years convinces me his story is of equal - though certainly not greater - merit to Jims.

Lipinski sits behind one of the strongest midfields assembled in recent years. Even Treloar battled to start in the middle with them.
Kreuger sits behind Hawkins and Cameron for a spot.
Josh Kennedy couldn’t get a good run at Hawthorn because of Mitchell, Sewell etc and went to Swans where he became a star. On a lesser note, Heath Scotland found a gig in the midfield for the Blues when he wasn’t a regular with us and became a strong player for them.
I am hoping the Graham Wright influence has found us a couple of gems here.

They are just a piece of the puzzle.

I'm so much more depressed at the state of our list - or at least our 2021 performance - after seeing Sidebottom come 5th in the B&F.

If he wasn't such a "heart and soul" player I'd be trying to use him in a trade to get a ~25 year old inside mid from elsewhere...

Haven't worked out who just yet though...
Agree Sidebottom needs to be traded

Agree Sidebottom needs to be traded

So clubs try to build an ‘all for one and one for all’ mentality and you want to ship off a great servant of the club.

If someone comes for him and he wants to go fine, but forcing him out would do more harm than the limited reward you would get for him at this stage in his career.

Last edited:
So clubs try to build an ‘all for one and one for all’ mentality and you want to ship of a great servant of the club.

If someone comes for him and he wants to go fine, but forcing him out would do more harm than the limited reward you would get for him at this stage in his career.
We already have some apparent 'blood on our hands' from last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back