List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not actually familiar with you but I'll take you on face value re inside knowledge - I do think it's amusing that you've said basically everything that would be music to the ears of most people here.

Have any inside goss on Dib, and where the club expects him to fall on draft night - and even if the club wants to match?

Dib will be around the late 3rd early 4th round, If he falls around that (which they're confident of) they'll match.

GOLD Coast and North Melbourne are exploring an innovative trade that would see the Roos acquire the Suns' pick No.19 plus half-forward Darcy Macpherson.

AFL.com.au understands both clubs have been discussing a 'salary dump' which would see the Roos take on the bulk of Macpherson's wage while also offering greater playing opportunities.

The Suns this week received confirmation they would be granted access to pick 19 in this year's NAB AFL Draft and quickly turned to conversations around on-trading the selection.

North Melbourne's salary cap sits among the most flushed for room in the competition, which would allow it to take on Macpherson's wage.

Should the move progress, it would see the Roos armed with three picks inside 20 – No.1, 19 and 20 – at this year's draft.

As part of the transaction, the Roos would likely need to hand over a future selection to the Suns – expected to be a second or third-round pick.

Seems like an overly good deal for the roos, surely his salary isn't that high.

Geez the inserting of those FA compo picks suck. Pick 39 and 41 will be pushed back 1 spot and pick 45 two spots. Diluting our points total further. The compo picks should slot in but not affect current point allocations!

& the Hewett pick hasn’t even been added in yet!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Geez the inserting of those FA compo picks suck. Pick 39 and 41 will be pushed back 1 spot and pick 45 two spots. Diluting our points total further. The compo picks should slot in but not affect current point allocations!

& the Hewett pick hasn’t even been added in yet!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We need more Picks for Points Regardless I think

GOLD Coast and North Melbourne are exploring an innovative trade that would see the Roos acquire the Suns' pick No.19 plus half-forward Darcy Macpherson.

AFL.com.au understands both clubs have been discussing a 'salary dump' which would see the Roos take on the bulk of Macpherson's wage while also offering greater playing opportunities.

The Suns this week received confirmation they would be granted access to pick 19 in this year's NAB AFL Draft and quickly turned to conversations around on-trading the selection.

North Melbourne's salary cap sits among the most flushed for room in the competition, which would allow it to take on Macpherson's wage.

Should the move progress, it would see the Roos armed with three picks inside 20 – No.1, 19 and 20 – at this year's draft.

As part of the transaction, the Roos would likely need to hand over a future selection to the Suns – expected to be a second or third-round pick.

Hang on a minute, first Geelong and now North get to fleece a supplemental selection from the Suns and the AFL are just letting it happen? Since when does a club send pick 19 along with a player in a salary dump trade and only get a future second back? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking Freo as well. As you say they'll have 6 (8) and 8 (10).

Think they'll probably want Neil Erasmus and Matthew Johnson, so if either of those is gone by their second pick they may be open to trading it.

It feels as though both WCE and Freo have been heavily invested in drafting WA talent recently, even if it means reaching for a player a few selections early. It's smart, especially with COVID.

I'd be intrigued to know of next year's draft crop and how many WA players are likely to feature in the top ten.
Didn't Matthew Johnson kill Carl Williams

No room for positivity on here!
Melbourne wanted Noah Anderson and settled for Luke Jackson. Melbourne wasn't that great this season, despite what people may claim. Bulldogs were better but relied too much on a midfield that, once shut down, left them exposed. Josh Bruce's injury didn't help them, either. The Dees played a few good minutes of footy, kicked a whole string of goals on the run and blew out a match to win a cup. Had we used an aggressive game plan which the stand rule was designed to achieve, then we could have been up there and finishing in the Top 6, minimum. Remember the Carlton game? Or even our game against Melbourne? It was impressive fast, clean football which optimised playing on and not hesitating. That's what's needed. That's what we should be utilising.

Did I, at any point, lament Treloar, Stevo, Phillips and Atu from our corps? Not really. Treloar was on the sideline, Stevo was in the midfield (which we have an overflow of, anyway), Phillips was at best average on the wing and Atu couldn't crack the Spooners. So it wasn't the blow they said it was.

If we are to learn from Melbourne and not Carlton as they have been here before, it's to take the kids and be smart about your later selections. Get cheap pickups, not expensive players who limit progress. And, with players you're about to give up on like they were with Gawny, give them one last chance.

Whilst I am at it, Craig McRae better attack. I think I'd rather us absolutely score to no end and focus on a year of goals as opposed to another boring, defensive season. If we're going to suck, then at least score goals rather than dancing around defence and looking as if we have hope but not actually having enough to win games.

Beeg, Johnson, McMahon, along with Kreuger, Lipinski & Daicos, is a significant game changer for us if it works out next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Without wanting to burst your bubble:
1. McMahon won't be ready. Dude needs some meat on him and a lot of conditioning. He's not the most beautiful forward, either. Quite painful, really.
2. Johnson won't be a round one starter. Expecting an ANZAC Day debut.
3. Begg will be a back part starter, maybe not debuting until 2023.
4. Kreuger, Lipinski and Daicos will be the game changers.
5. Expect for from Macrae, McInnes, Henry, Poulter and Bianco. They are our most talented youth core.

The issues would also primarily relate to guys like Howe and Sidebottom who are probably earning a combined 10% or more of our salary cap, are over 30 and have given us nothing in 20-21.

Moore and De Goey realistically are on a salary that won't dramatically change for their next contract. I personally believe there is enough loyalty there to protect any overs from clubs like north. If they are restricted FA I think we would just about match anything unless a club has space to offer an unprecedented yearly salary or injuries/behaviour impacted our decisions.

Maynard is rightly due for a contract bump. He will get it, there's no doubt. Given Elliot, Howe, Pendles, Steele and WHE are out of contract end of next year there will be room to move.

Can't recall the length and $ we are covering Treloar but across the above and players like J Daicos that amount we are paying will be smoothed out to be as close to irrelevant as possible.

Will leave us with:
- Grundy
- De Goey
- Moore
- Maynard
- Adams

As our Multi year higher $$ contracts.

Sounds alot like a team that was 17th 2 years ago with:
- Gawn
- Petracca
- May
- Lever