List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brodie wasn't an early draft pick no one would be talking about him. Has been extremely underwhelming so far in his career.
Hes not as bad as some are making out, If a trade between Brodie & B.Ellis was on i would be all for it as Ellis is surplus to needs with
Menadue,Markov,Naish,Short all capable of doing his role in 2019 and beyond even Baker would be a good option
Big Bodied Mids we are desperate for

Hes not as bad as some are making out, If a trade between Brodie & B.Ellis was on i would be all for it as Ellis is surplus to needs with
Menadue,Markov,Naish,Short all capable of doing his role in 2019 and beyond even Baker would be a good option
We are now...
What we really need is a mid season draft...

Short is the only one in that lost thats proven they can play.

Dew wasnt playing him as he wasnt defensive enough.

Who here would do a straight swap
Brandon Ellis - Will Brodie

I would
If we go B2B.
I can't see us trading anyone who now has 2 medals.
Would destroy the trust the playing group has with the FD.
Unless a player requests it.Which i doubt.

That's harsh and I think you've massively undersold his value and worth to the team. I don't believe for a minute Towner is in the "delistment zone" as I don't believe any of our premiership winning boys currently are. Reality is he's currently found himself out of the best 22 because we finally have competition for spots (a bloody good thing I might add) and if your form drops at any stage you'll have to win your spot back. He's a talented player, last years Liston win and holding his spot all throughout the finals validated that and I'll back him in to play senior football again for us.
That said, realistically he and our other fringe players are a target for oppo clubs as many are more than capable and not currently in the ones and if they get offered financial overs and more importantly increased job security they could probably jump ship.

Not harsh at all. At this point in time, Townsend isnt even in our best 26, let alone 22. He got hot last year when it counted... but as each day goes by, that is looking more like a fluke than anything. If he didnt kick 6 against Freo last year, he actually probably wouldnt even be on our list right now, let alone a premiership player.

If Carlton offered him a contract more than $200k, he should take it. We certainly wont be.

Not harsh at all. At this point in time, Townsend isnt even in our best 26, let alone 22. He got hot last year when it counted... but as each day goes by, that is looking more like a fluke than anything. If he didnt kick 6 against Freo last year, he actually probably wouldnt even be on our list right now, let alone a premiership player.

If Carlton offered him a contract more than $200k, he should take it. We certainly wont be.
This is pretty accurate. We all love him for the role he played late last year, but even he has admitted he thought two thirds through last year he would be delisted, and was looking for an apprenticeship. He was given the chance at the start of the year to follow through on that, but slowly, that form dropped away and teams realised how to combat his influence quickly.
It's not a personal knock on him, its just a reality, he was in the right place at the right time in the right form, but that is no longer the case, and likelihood is he is in the same position now as he was last year. Now if he gets the same run he got last year, good luck to him (and us), but there is a greater liklihood that he will get what he expected, just 12 months after he thought it would happen. Sadly, you can't keep them all.

Heard rumour tonight that Broad is thinking about going home. Anyone else heard the same?

If true would hate to lose him but if we go back to back I couldn't blame him. Double premiership player, now time to go home and make some coin.

Garth or Balta could fill his role with time.

Heard rumour tonight that Broad is thinking about going home. Anyone else heard the same?

If true would hate to lose him but if we go back to back I couldn't blame him. Double premiership player now time to go home and make some coin.
Id love for him to stay. Hes the player we all hoped batchelor could be. Frees up astbury rance and grimes with versatility. If we go back to back do we really have enough money to sign up the good role players on increased coin? Doubtful.

Will broad be as good in a team with defenders that arent as good as rance and astbury, maybe.

If true would hate to lose him but if we go back to back I couldn't blame him. Double premiership player, now time to go home and make some coin.

Would surprise me , quite valuable a utility his size , prob worth pick 25-35

He was extended earlier in the year lol.

Relax guys.
Good news.
Just something I heard at a player sponsor gathering tonight at the club.

He would be worth a decent amount trade wise though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The blues have no 1 on the table so don’t rule that out
we don't have the currency to get pick one. if carlton trade pick 1 for 8&13 etc we could try and get one off them but will be hard still i back the club in to do the right thing

that carlton board rumors page has a few about our players
carlton interested in brandon ellis
essendon interested in miles
saints after markov

Interesting... not really against losing any of them as long as it’s for the right price

Would be sad to see him go.He gives us that insurance if one of our backs go down.
But would open up a few senerio's yrade wise with for example Freo.:D

No way would they go for that. We may need to get a little more creative.
Conca and Macca as well.
Obviously not all of them but theres plenty to work with.
FWIW I would do Bolton, Broad our 1st for
Cerra and 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back