Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people realize what we were asking Tom Boyd to walk into. We were asking him to forsake other clubs in favour of a club who just were 5th last, just had their captain (and a bunch of other players) walk out and didn't have a coach. The contract had to be enticing because we were a worse prospect than the Blues at that point (just let that sink in).
image.jpeg

Kavanagh delisted by Essendon, wouldn't be against picking him up.

Wasn't he the guy who told all the other teams to pass on him because he wanted to be a Bomber?
Yeah, I think so. That backfired aye.

So we have de listed 7 players, and picked up suckling. So we need to fill 6 holes on the list. We have 4 picks in the top 55, so can anyone tell me what they think our plan will be , including who we rookie etc?

thanks

Am thinkin the doggies have a player in mind for the pre season draft. This would mean that the bulldogs would only use picks 21,22 & 30 and therefore they couldn't fit DMac in

So we have de listed 7 players, and picked up suckling. So we need to fill 6 holes on the list. We have 4 picks in the top 55, so can anyone tell me what they think our plan will be , including who we rookie etc?

thanks
8 players gone.

ins
Suckling
3 draftees
3 rookies
1 pre season draft?

8 players gone.

ins
Suckling
3 draftees
3 rookies
1 pre season draft?

Why would you bother with the preseason draft ? It s only a coule of days later why not use the normal draft ? Is there a differenc in players nominating ? I understand it for tactical reasons to get a player to sit out if you had an early pick but ours wont be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you bother with the preseason draft ? It s only a coule of days later why not use the normal draft ? Is there a differenc in players nominating ? I understand it for tactical reasons to get a player to sit out if you had an early pick but ours wont be
didn't we get hamling in last years pre season? Think of it that way

I guess we are all good for short people ?
My prediction DMac will have a better career tha Rat or Honey,

I guess we are all good for short people ?
My prediction DMac will have a better career tha Rat or Honey,
D mac looks to develop like Luke dahlhaus
Will take at least a few years to become that key midfielder/small forward

thanks
Picks 20 and 21 - Draft as normal, best available.
Pick 30 - Michael Hartley KPD
Pick 51 - Mitch Brown KPP (if available)

Rookie list - 2x Dfa's or mature state league players. 1x developing ruck
Or something along those lines, we have painted ourselves or been
painted (Talia) into a corner a little.

We got him as a delisted free agent
And there are still periods to sign up delisted free agents apart from taking them in the draft

Therefore there isnt much purpose in the preseason draft apart from a player who delists themself ie Tutt scenario

And there are still periods to sign up delisted free agents apart from taking them in the draft

Therefore there isnt much purpose in the preseason draft apart from a player who delists themself ie Tutt scenario
Or you could Pre-season a 18 year old that you missed in the draft due to lack of picks?

Pretty sure players in the PSD can nominate cash terms while players in the main draft just get a draft contract based on which pick they were drafted at. If you want someone who is asking for more than the base salary it has to be PSD rather than draft. That said, no names jump out at me this year as fitting that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back