Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
seeing him play that is the feeling I get, he needs to seriously work on it. From stats I've seen he is running at a 43% disposal efficiency which is definitely not good enough. If I was looking for a mid from the VFL (for us at least) then it would be Kane Lambert (Northern Blues) or Chris Cain (Port Melbourne) at National or PSD level and at rookie level it would be Ed Carr (Willy) as they suit our needs a little better.

I have no stats to back up Wheeler as to his efficiency, but I have seen quite a bit of him this year, and I am satisfied he is quite a good kick.
Sorry but you lost me with the Ed Carr suits our needs, He is a long, long way back with no hope of being drafted.
As for efficiency with Ed Carr, have you actually seen any Willy games this year ?

I have no stats to back up Wheeler as to his efficiency, but I have seen quite a bit of him this year, and I am satisfied he is quite a good kick.
Sorry but you lost me with the Ed Carr suits our needs, He is a long, long way back with no hope of being drafted.
As for efficiency with Ed Carr, have you actually seen any Willy games this year ?

I have seen all the ones that I could have seeings that they weren't on ABC that much this year I didn't get to see much but what I've seen in replays and the like Wheeler is behind, as for Carr's efficiency it is higher than Wheeler's but both are about the same distance away from being drafted with Wheeler needing to work on his disposal under pressure and Carr having to work on his inside work either way I still don't see use taking a pure mid in this coming rookie draft, maybe a half back flanker and a forward but not really keen on a mid unless they are obviously incredibly talented. As I see it now the only real possibilities for mids in the VFL that would fit us as being outside players or ones like Kane Lambert that play both and be dangerous around the forward line.

Wheeler could end up in Melbourne or St Kilda teams that lack inside mids but NOT AT THE DOGS we already have more than enough of that sort of player.

I'm hearing St Kilda like Billings. Pelchen has apparently stated that he rates him very highly. Grain of salt.

Would be nice though to have one of Kelly or Aish drop to us.

I'm hearing St Kilda like Billings. Pelchen has apparently stated that he rates him very highly. Grain of salt.

Would be nice though to have one of Kelly or Aish drop to us.

I'd say if that happened then Scharenberg or Aish would be there. But most Likely Scharenberg which would do wonders for our halfback line and our weakness of being out marked when kicking out or kicking up the line.The way I see it if they take billings then the first 4 in the draft would go
1. Boyd
2. Aish
3. Billings
4. Sharenberg

anyways did you guys see that Shaun McKernan wants to come back to a Victorian club? Please, Please try and get this guy we need a ******* forward that is about his height and age.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-06/crow-wants-to-fly-home-

anyways did you guys see that Shaun McKernan wants to come back to a Victorian club? Please, Please try and get this guy we need a ******* forward that is about his height and age.

S P U D

Apart from being TALL, and his AGE, please enlighten me as to the reasons why Shaun McSpud is so vital to our list. Would you put him ahead of Campbell ? Williams ? Roberts ? Stringer ? A high draft pick ?

Oh, I'm sorry, I keep forgetting... he is TALL !!

So Many 'Grains of Salt'!!!!!!!!!!
diabeetus.jpg

Not sure if it has been said, and if it has I apologise.
But just that Melbourne are after a extra pick. Surely Melbourne won't be given one.
But lets say they got a pick passed there extra pick. Gives them pick 2 and pick 3. Meaning dogs will get pick 5, and I reckon a drop from pick 4 to pick 5 is huge in this draft. Who would get at pick 5. Surely Scharenberg and Kelly will be both gone by pick 5 and they are the players we are realy interested in/possible of getting

I'd say if that happened then Scharenberg or Aish would be there. But most Likely Scharenberg which would do wonders for our halfback line and our weakness of being out marked when kicking out or kicking up the line.The way I see it if they take billings then the first 4 in the draft would go
1. Boyd
2. Aish
3. Billings
4. Sharenberg

I'm pro-Scharenberg.

If we drop to pick 5 we simply HAVE to trade it imo.
seems like the only option. Best 4 players seem to be Boyd, Aish, Scharenberg and Kelly. After that it is a big drop, as from what I hear any of them could slip to our second round pick. I guess Billings is the other option.
If Melbourne get a priority pick it would be terrible though and make no sense considering that Melbourne were fined in the investigation over the tanking saga but at the same time not charged with tanking. They also have Hogan which should be enough. As Hogan would be a big impact and wasn't able to play this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it has been said, and if it has I apologise.
But just that Melbourne are after a extra pick. Surely Melbourne won't be given one.
But lets say they got a pick passed there extra pick. Gives them pick 2 and pick 3. Meaning dogs will get pick 5, and I reckon a drop from pick 4 to pick 5 is huge in this draft. Who would get at pick 5. Surely Scharenberg and Kelly will be both gone by pick 5 and they are the players we are realy interested in/possible of getting
If we do drop to pick 5, there's a high chance the top 4 will go similar to this:

1. Boyd
2. Aish
3. Kelly
4. Scharenberg

So i'm with Dannnnnnnnnn trade down. I'd be annoyed if the Saints passed on Scharenberg for Billings and then Scharenberg gets taken at pick 5!

I'm pro-Scharenberg.
Yeah, he definitely fills a huge need for us. And is a player type that Macca rates, which is having a player who can play multiple positions. But we need someone of his skill set and size in our backline.

If we do drop to pick 5, there's a high chance the top 4 will go similar to this:

1. Boyd
2. Aish
3. Kelly
4. Scharenberg

So i'm with Dannnnnnnnnn trade down. I'd be annoyed if the Saints passed on Scharenberg for Billings and then Scharenberg gets taken at pick 5!
Would be annoyed myself. I guess billings is the only other reasonable option. But every player in that top 4 that you have selected fills our needs. Boyd the key forward that all clubs want. Aish is the complete midfielder. Kelly the outside midfielder who would compliment our tough inside brigade. And then Scharenberg who is a Goddard type. We need someone like him to slot into the back line. If we drafted Scharenberg, to me that means we would have Wood as a good trade chip aswell, as you can't fit Wood and Scharenberg in the same side. Especially with JJ in there aswell.

I reckon we will have a good off-season to be honest. Draft one of those top 4 guns, pick up a player from Essendon for free (Crameri, Carlisle) and then pick up a smokey.

Surely the League would be wary of the backlash they will cop if they handed the MFC a PP. So to compromise, maybe the PP (if awarded) will be an END of R1 pick ? If not, trade #5, or pay overs for a "need" type player.
If a priority pick is given (even though I am worried they will get pick 3), I do think a end of first round pick is most likely given. Any priority pick would enrage me though. Cause it still affects us. Not as bad as a end of 1st round as pick 22 to pick 23 isn't as much of a drop as pick 4 to pick 5. But it still would be ridiculous cause it is their fault they are terrible. They have had more first round draft picks than any other club and have done nothing with them. They don't deserve any more.

seeing him play that is the feeling I get, he needs to seriously work on it. From stats I've seen he is running at a 43% disposal efficiency which is definitely not good enough.
Stats can be misleading - Dahl has the worst disposal efficincy in the TAC in his u18 (or at least bottom 3).

If a priority pick is given (even though I am worried they will get pick 3), I do think a end of first round pick is most likely given. Any priority pick would enrage me though. Cause it still affects us. Not as bad as a end of 1st round as pick 22 to pick 23 isn't as much of a drop as pick 4 to pick 5. But it still would be ridiculous cause it is their fault they are terrible. They have had more first round draft picks than any other club and have done nothing with them. They don't deserve any more.
The whole point of the draft order is to reward the clubs who are terrible. Why they are terrible is not taken into account, except when PPs are being considered. In this instance the AFL has to balance Melbourne's serial incompetence and tanking (or whatever weasel words they used to describe it) against the need for all clubs to be competitive or at least not at the bottom of the cycle for too long.

To give Melbourne a PP at #1 or #2 would be a slap in the face to those who have worked their rings off (to paraphrase BM) to be competitive. It would be a disproportionate reward for their terribleness and would anger every other club. It would send a message that it's OK to make dumb decisions and cheat the system year after year because we will overcompensate you (2 picks for Scully, early PPs, no enquiry into Viney slipping to 26th under FS rules ...and did the AFL actually pay for Paul Roo$?).

So I would be angered if they got a PP too. They don't deserve it but the most they could get without me going into a steaming rage would be an extra pick after the second round (about 37-38). Tell them to get their house in order first if they want some help.

Stats can be misleading - Dahl has the worst disposal efficincy in the TAC in his u18 (or at least bottom 3).

I heard an interview where he said he thinks that's why he wasn't rated during his draft year. Crazy stuff

If we have pick 5 it'd be out of Lennon and Botempelli. And I like them more then anyone except Boyd and aish so I don't mind a whole lot. They don't deserve a pp though

It would be nice to get a Cameron Giles in this draft so we can send Roberts to CHF. Where do you guys have him Second-Third round like me?

Sorry about that crap with McKernan sometimes over the last couple of years when a KPP appears to want to leave somewhere I just go a bit funny for a while and type random crap.

where did this Carlisle rumor come from?

It would be nice to get a Cameron Giles in this draft so we can send Roberts to CHF. Where do you guys have him Second-Third round like me?

Sorry about that crap with McKernan sometimes over the last couple of years when a KPP appears to want to leave somewhere I just go a bit funny for a while and type random crap.

Giles will go late 2nd round, exactly we aren't.
As for Carlisle I think it's purely out of want and he was a doggies supporter

No rumour about him specifically just there was news today saying that the AFL are considering letting Essendon players walk as Delisted FAs if they want, even if they are under contract (not sure if this is confirmed yet but I did read something saying it was confirmed) which means getting Crameri for free would almost be likely, but a few of us think because Carlisle is a doggies man if we can make him a good enough offer he might decide to come on down too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back