Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll get one for sure.

I reckon the AFL are tired of the embarrassment that is the MFC and have pretty much total control over whats going on there. The master plan goes something like this. Install CEO. Check! Install High profile coach. Check! Dole out draft concessions, tba but it doesn't take Nostradamus to see what comes next.

At this stage I'm down to just hoping that it's an end of 1st round pick

Conlon should be there at 22, and I wouldn't be surprised if we took him
Reckon he'll be there at 39 too. Players that have been injured all year don't tend to go high unless there's a fair bit of hype.

Reckon he'll be there at 39 too. Players that have been injured all year don't tend to go high unless there's a fair bit of hype.
Yeah really hope we can pick him up at 39, would be a massive steal IMO but I can actually see it happening.

Kelly/Lennon/Bontempello
Acres/Templeton/trade for docherty
Conlon

Get Carlisle as delisted FA (okay maybe it's unlikely :p but this is the thing I hope happens the most, that would be unbelievable)

We could fix every hole in our team!

Carlisle to FB, Roughy to FF (at least while Conlon develops, not sure where this would leave Roughy long term though)
Kelly the last midfielder we need
Templeton/Docherty (way more likely than Acres being there) that extra rebounding defender we need.
Conlon the FF we need, and I reckon he will be very good in a few years
And maybe take a quick little small forward at our 4th

That would be Jarrod Stokes - I'm a massive fan. Ridiculously fast.
Heard his name a little bit haven't seen him though, whats he like? Better yet got any highlights vids? :p

Nah but I'd really like just one more natural small forward on the list I reckon, with Dahl moving up through the midfield more and more.

Heard his name a little bit haven't seen him though, whats he like? Better yet got any highlights vids? :p

Nah but I'd really like just one more natural small forward on the list I reckon, with Dahl moving up through the midfield more and more.

This is the year for them, there's plenty to pick from. Charlie Cameron from WA, Malcolm Karpany from SA, Jarman Impey from the Bushrangers (will go earlier), Jay Kennedy-Harris from Oakleigh (will go earlier), Zac Bates (SA).

And maybe take a quick little small forward at our 4th

at the moment I'm curious about Brady Grey if he drops there, he is going to the combine so we'll have a good indicator (though not at all a perfect one) to his athleticism. Seen a few people liken him to Luke Bruest and seeings as recruiters will be watching Templeton they'd have to watch him too (they play for the same club in Tassie, Burnie) if we get Templeton and he is still there at our 4th rounder or a trade pick wouldn't be overly surprised to hear his name called out, he is one of these players that has dangerous agility and almost never goes missing in games, a real 4 quarter player. But could end up somewhere else earlier... but I sure hope not.

He reminds me of a young Dahl but quite a bit faster. Improving his disposal and finishing skills and will be a bit of a project, but is likely to make it imo. Probably likely to transition into the midfield but is a forward at the minute. Haven't seen a whole heap of him but he's that explosive forward/wingman that makes you go into damage control whenever he's around the ball.

at the moment I'm curious about Brady Grey if he drops there, he is going to the combine so we'll have a good indicator (though not at all a perfect one) to his athleticism. Seen a few people liken him to Luke Bruest and seeings as recruiters will be watching Templeton they'd have to watch him too (they play for the same club in Tassie, Burnie) if we get Templeton and he is still there at our 4th rounder or a trade pick wouldn't be overly surprised to hear his name called out, he is one of these players that has dangerous agility and almost never goes missing in games, a real 4 quarter player. But could end up somewhere else earlier... but I sure hope not.
I liked Grey in the Burnie match I saw, but I'm not sure he's that fast. He's not slow, but I'd guess around Pearce pace. Very athletic and I do like him though, but probably more of a rookie pick.

I liked Grey in the Burnie match I saw, but I'm not sure he's that fast. He's not slow, but I'd guess around Pearce pace. Very athletic and I do like him though, but probably more of a rookie pick.

would agree with that, I am looking 2 blokes really. The fast guy, and the guy with the opportunistic guy with a footy IQ. Once Gia retires we'll need the latter and Grey fits this profile. So take him rookie hope he has a great year, upgrade when Gia's gone.
Stokes sound good enough to be the first guy by all means

would agree with that, I am looking 2 blokes really. The fast guy, and the guy with the opportunistic guy with a footy IQ. Once Gia retires we'll need the latter and Grey fits this profile. So take him rookie hope he has a great year, upgrade when Gia's gone.
Stokes sound good enough to be the first guy by all means
I see Dickson as that guy. He's got his critics but he's a very smart footballer and very opportunistic. Had a bit of a bad year for the first three-quarters or so but I have confidence in him playing that role as we move forward. I don't think it's a glaring need. Billings is probably close (but different in his own ways) to that sort of role you're thinking of.

I do think we need a smart medium forward though, but more in the Murphy type role than the Gia type. We need someone whose distribution forward we can count on nine times out of ten - Hunter may be this man, but I wouldn't mind looking at another late in the draft/RD if we get the opportunity.

Stokes is by far a guarantee, but I think he's certainly worth the risk at a fourth rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First: Kelly, Lennon, Botempelli, Scarenberg
Second: Docherty(trade), Conlon, Acres, Templeton
Third: Conlon(hopefully) JK
Fourth: Stokes, small forward

He reminds me of a young Dahl but quite a bit faster. Improving his disposal and finishing skills and will be a bit of a project, but is likely to make it imo. Probably likely to transition into the midfield but is a forward at the minute. Haven't seen a whole heap of him but he's that explosive forward/wingman that makes you go into damage control whenever he's around the ball.
Sounds great, I've been saying for a while we need to clone Dahl, if we can always have one in the forward line and one in the middle/wing and rotate them that would be awesome. A bit of a project player is okay IMO as we aren't going to take a small forward with a top 20 pick and you can't really expect a 4th rounder to be a complete player :p and if you think about Dahl his disposal was (apparently) pretty bad before getting drafted so it can definitely be improved in a proper afl environment. Really like the sound of him from what you've described and if he is there with a 4th round pick can't go wrong really.

Sounds great, I've been saying for a while we need to clone Dahl, if we can always have one in the forward line and one in the middle/wing and rotate them that would be awesome. A bit of a project player is okay IMO as we aren't going to take a small forward with a top 20 pick and you can't really expect a 4th rounder to be a complete player :p and if you think about Dahl his disposal was (apparently) pretty bad before getting drafted so it can definitely be improved in a proper afl environment. Really like the sound of him from what you've described and if he is there with a 4th round pick can't go wrong really.

Guys you are forgetting 1 thing.... Dahl wasn't the Dahl we know until every club rejected him. He was shattered, big sign above his head in flashing lights "YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!". when the bulldogs extended a hand to this rejected kid, THAT is when he became the Dahlhaus we all know. Forever driven, nay, consumed, by the need to show he is good enough. That's where his energy and excitement comes from. Every game is his last game. whimsical chance that fell our way, call it karma. Another reason i love it when he says he loves our club, you can bet your left nut he means it to the bone.

Just watch Griffs diaries video. Does he look like a relaxed joking footballer, or someone who is constantly on edge, thinking about the game at all times.

Guys you are forgetting 1 thing.... Dahl wasn't the Dahl we know until every club rejected him. He was shattered, big sign above his head in flashing lights "YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!". when the bulldogs extended a hand to this rejected kid, THAT is when he became the Dahlhaus we all know. Forever driven, nay, consumed, by the need to show he is good enough. That's where his energy and excitement comes from. Every game is his last game. whimsical chance that fell our way, call it karma. Another reason i love it when he says he loves our club, you can bet your left nut he means it to the bone.

Just watch Griffs diaries video. Does he look like a relaxed joking footballer, or someone who is constantly on edge, thinking about the game at all times.
Yeah true, bloody love Dahl, and I reckon I'm one of his biggest fans on here, think he is going to be an absolute gun and a lot more than just a every day small forward (hes already more than that tbh)

I'm pretty sure Stokes was overlooked last year too so who knows, he might have the same mindset :)

First: Lennon, KK, Sharenberg, Kelly
Second: Docherty (Trade), Templeton, Acres
Third: JK, McStay (If he slides), Conlon
Forth: Stokes, Small Forward

I'd get another early-mid third rounder with a trade and target Thorp with the later one and JK with the earlier one and downgrade our first pick (to around 9-12) for an earlier one and a real good senior player and draft KK (Half back/wing set up for 10-12 years and from a recent article I've seen he is dominating in the Tassie league finals) but as it is now that ^ is what I'd be looking at.

First: Lennon, KK, Sharenberg, Kelly
Second: Docherty (Trade), Templeton, Acres
Third: JK, McStay (If he slides), Conlon
Forth: Stokes, Small Forward

I'd get another early-mid third rounder with a trade and target Thorp with the later one and JK with the earlier one and downgrade our first pick (to around 9-12) for an earlier one and a real good senior player and draft KK (Half back/wing set up for 10-12 years and from a recent article I've seen he is dominating in the Tassie league finals) but as it is now that ^ is what I'd be looking at.
I'd love it if we could downgrade our first pick to two mid first rounders and hope Lennon and KK are there that would be terrific.

I'd love it if we could downgrade our first pick to two mid first rounders and hope Lennon and KK are there that would be terrific.

Yea both those tassie twins suit our needs (with injuries to Williams) a Third tall lockdown back and a wingman (who has leadership qualities) might take both of them with first and third round picks, steal a half back from somewhere (Docherty is foremost on my list). Then elsewhere in Tassie there is Mitch Thorp so we'd need to trade into an extra pick third round. Even if we can't obtain Conlon there is yet another Tassie kid in Mitch Brown we could conjure up. Who knows there could be more down there (I haven't seen much of this Pearce thats name just keeps popping up, how is he going?)

In any case time to send hunting parties to Tassie :p

Won't be. Both Top Tenners IMO.

I'd take either one of those two at pick four, they fit the half back role that we are missing. Of course I'd take Sharenberg if he is there but as for Kelly and Billings just wouldn't know where they'd fit in our best side. If I was looking for an outside mid or a medium forward that high maybe, but I'd rather do that at our second pick and take JK 3rd round for that third tall down back. If I was to try and trade for picks they'd be around pick 25-35. I'd only downgrade if we got a really, really good player around 20-23 yo (so that they are in a similar age bracket to our young guys which would help in 2015-16) and still finish with a pick around 9-12.

Yea both those tassie twins suit our needs (with injuries to Williams) a Third tall lockdown back and a wingman (who has leadership qualities) might take both of them with first and third round picks, steal a half back from somewhere (Docherty is foremost on my list). Then elsewhere in Tassie there is Mitch Thorp so we'd need to trade into an extra pick third round. Even if we can't obtain Conlon there is yet another Tassie kid in Mitch Brown we could conjure up. Who knows there could be more down there (I haven't seen much of this Pearce thats name just keeps popping up, how is he going?)

In any case time to send hunting parties to Tassie :p

A mate said the dogs were in Launceston taking a good look at Mitch Thorp today. So hunting party has landed in Tassie!

Interesting hearing B. McCartney on the ABC say he's got a DVD on three or four players for our 1st pick.
I'd say we won't be downsizing our pick for two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back