Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my write up of Lennon today. Compared him to Robert Murphy for you Doggies fans. Like I said, I had him going at 4 once but now have him more towards the 8-12 area. Don't think it would be too much of a reach ultimately, all depends on whether or not you see him playing midfield though.
Yeah thats a really good comparison, a fair few doggies fans think Murph will be the hardest of our oldies to replace so we have a good opportunity to do that here. Best case for me would be to downgrade 4 to a pick around 9ish and get him and someone else!

Anyone have the Morrish Medal results?

you bulldogs are going to be tuff to play next year so keep up the great work getting behind your club, the signs look good and with another top 4 pick to add with stringer ect 2015 and 16 look bright. are whispers true use are after crameri, mckernan or leeroy jetta?
u can like my post to ;-)

Lennon similar to Bob Murphy. Now I'm very keen, going to have to watch some videos of him.
I don't think he has quite the agility and just overall 'untackleableness' (that's a word now...) that Bob has, but really who does? He will most likely have a fairly bigger body on him though and is similar in that he can generally do anything, can be a marking target inside 50, can be a rebounder off half back or can push through the middle (and personally I could definitely see Lennon being a full time mid in a few years time, but also being versatile which as we all know is important to us)

I'd like to see him follow Griffs path and start off at HB, his accurate 60m + bullets coming out of defence is exactly what we need, but then he is also the kind of player who I could see kicking 40+ goals in a season.

Long term if we had him and Stringer swapping between stints in the middle and resting forward that could be a nightmare.

Yeah he definitely has a bit of arrogance to him, which I like.
We need to do this.....

pick 1.Schoenberg no brain er

pick 2.Salem would be a steel if his gone go Hardigan

pick 3.Wilson-Jetta Sydney prototype

pick 4.Boekhorst-Swan Districs plays like Wellinghamn or clay McCarthy speedy small forward

This would give us speed thats needed as well as class and kicking ability

keep Goodes -Jong and Austin on Rooki list and add another 3 project players

Gone

Cross
Vespremi
Markovic
Lower
Greenwood
Redpath

Yeah he definitely has a bit of arrogance to him, which I like.

You have now got my attention, now starting to get on the Lennon bandwagon.
" Arrogance " as in the belief in your own ability ---- a very good trait for being something other than an average footballer !

" Arrogance " as in the belief in your own ability ---- a very good trait for being something other than an average footballer !

When Howard was drafted he was described as being a bit arrogant :eek: :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I would prefer confidence in a player rather than arrogance. I think arrogance makes it difficult for someone to see or accept their own weaknesses. If you can't accept you've got some faults you won't get better. I think that somewhat applies in all walks of life.

I think I would prefer confidence in a player rather than arrogance. I think arrogance makes it difficult for someone to see or accept their own weaknesses. If you can't accept you've got some faults you won't get better. I think that somewhat applies in all walks of life.

I am talking in a football sense , Sellwood ,Carey , Locket, Brereton, Hawkins. ( D that is )
Would any of those interest you if they walked into our football club ?
All had that touch of football " arrogance " and the ability to drag others with them.
Maybe Stringer is our man in the future !

I am talking in a football sense , Sellwood ,Carey , Locket, Brereton, Hawkins. ( D that is )
Would any of those interest you if they walked into our football club ?
All had that touch of football " arrogance " and the ability to drag others with them.
Maybe Stringer is our man in the future !

Yeah, all the greats had a touch of arrogance, you need a teaspoon of it for every glass of confidence. It isn't an arrogance of i can do no wrong, that's the negative kind. But more an arrogance of ones ability, and how good i can be when i get it right. That's the trick to positive arrogance.

Arrogance is not a positive trait. Even a touch.

You are confusing arrogance with belief.
no, sorry, belief is what most players have, it is the weaker form, the child to the adult. It can be turned on its head after repeated poor performances, negative comments, or a stronger argument otherwise. Belief is tested daily. But i true knowledge of what you are capable off, unwavering, like a mountain, wont be shifted. It can only be failed to be climbed, but never vanish altogether.That is arrogance.

People shift their beliefs every moment of every day. It isn't strong enough an emotion. I should know, i had 2 teaspoons for ever half glass of confidence. i knew what my body could be made to do, if only i was willing to work hard enough to get it there. And i was unflinching in that belief, thus arrogant about it, i could turn any player inside out on my day, but i still had to work my ass of to have that day. You see the difference, i could do wrong, could fall short if i cut corners, and needed to learn everything i could to try and reach those lofty heights i was certain i had in me. That is arrogance my friend, not belief.

'And i was unflinching in that belief, thus arrogant about it,'

= strong belief & confidence.

I understand what you're saying.

Arrogance means that you believe that you're quantitatively or qualitatively better than someone else.

I.e. a footballer believing that he is 'better' than other people in the general public or even other footballers is arrogance.

It's one thing to back your ability, but ego is a blinding and unhelpful thing.

'And i was unflinching in that belief, thus arrogant about it,'

= strong belief & confidence.

I understand what you're saying.

Arrogance means that you believe that you're quantitatively or qualitatively better than someone else.

I.e. a footballer believing that he is 'better' than other people in the general public or even other footballers is arrogance.

It's one thing to back your ability, but ego is a blinding and unhelpful thing.
Absolutely, spot on, it is a fine line to walk though, and one can make it a negative very easily. Like yousaid, even a touch can be very negative for the wrong person.

Stringer against Geelong is a good example of positive arrogance. He took the mark 60 out, went back without even looking for a better option. positive Arrogance, he knew without doubt he would (not could) kick it 60 and straight. thus he did that, and then did it again, walking back as if it was like breathing hahaha, the rolling goal against west coast, how many would even try something that reliant on chance rolls. However had he missed, then missed again, and again, that is negative arrogance A player must know where he is at, if it isn't your day, you are not at your peak, pass it off, recognise your faults on this day, (arrogant enough to know it is only today though hehe). Carey was supreme for this positive arrogance until his later years, when he lost control of his arrogance off the field. Became an A grade ass.

I never had that issue, white line fever meant i had masses of arrogance on the field, loved the crowd cheering, the center of attention. But was a person of very low self esteem off of it. weird that way. I literally shrink if someone pat me on the back and said "great game mate" i kept to myself, was a bit of a hermit, playing video games and lost on my own little world.

Yes, i clearly had issues :D

One thing Lennon has going for him is I can see him being a bit of an alpha dog that takes over games

You can only have one alpha dog in a team and that position has been taken by Jake Stringer.

Not a lot of love for Kelly here. A link-up, transition midfielder is exactly what we need, he was highly touted by Geelong last year and he seems to fit perfectly for a pick 4 (won't be a reach but likely to drop). That's who I'd take.

Not a lot of love for Kelly here. A link-up, transition midfielder is exactly what we need, he was highly touted by Geelong last year and he seems to fit perfectly for a pick 4 (won't be a reach but likely to drop). That's who I'd take.

I think if Aish, Boyd and Scharenberg are gone thats who we'll take. Seems like he could be a lot like Luke Shuey to me, good run and polish.

261569-tlsnewsportrait.jpg
Luke-Shuey.jpg

He even looks kind of like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back