Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the dogs need to come out publicly and ask the league for $10M in equalization payments each year.
Highlighting the following:
AFL not taking control of stadium deals and thus reducing the ability of the club to make money from Etihad
Lack of TV exposure - didn't matter when we were in Prelim finals, still lower exposure than other teams.... now we have almost no free to air exposure
Lack of access to draft talent
Lack of restrictions for the top 4 sides from taking all the top 'Free Agents'

Put it out there. Make it an issue.... put a dollar figure to it and be clear when we ask for the payment.

I dont know how much weight goes into drafting F/S's because of that link but IMO Cordy has taken a long time to develop. How many other clubs would be as patient as we have been?

I dont have much of an opportunity to watch the 2's at this point in time but can someone who has, tell me from their opinion as to whether or not he is worth keeping on the list, and why?
Luke lowden was drafted in the same draft and only made he's debut this year, so yeah clubs are patient.

IMO I would be happy with trading minson (if it's the right kinda deal)

Trade for lowden, and maybe rookie list Darcy Fort

Realistically minson won't be there for when we challenge next, so this would allow us to get more game time into the likes of cordy, Campbell or lowden, then we can look at it in say 2 years time when we are about to challenge.

Get Frawley free agent. Get Clark for 3rd rounder. If we had 900k for patton we can achieve this (after swapping Higgins contract for 1st year player contract).

Spine sorted, big bodies in to allow young kpps to develop, 3 picks in top 30 (5, 23, higgins compo), go best available, continue building an unstoppable colossus.
We wouldn't get a compo for Higgins if we picked up frawley as a FA

Delistings - couldn't be stuffed reading every page of this, so can someone up date, have we delisted anyone?
Wouldn't expect names to be released til after we finish in the finals

Delistings - couldn't be stuffed reading every page of this, so can someone up date, have we delisted anyone?
Not yet. They've had exit interviews, though, so I'd imagine they'd know full well whether or not they'll be on our list in 2015.

I can't believe I have just read this. You begin by saying he is upset because the coach demanded he follow his game plan, otherwise on your bike. Well, so he should. That's his job.

You then mount a different argument saying the coach, in effect, lied to him.

I would be staggered if Macca didn't make some errors and didn't win all hearts, but to say he deliberately led Talia down the garden path and offered false promises all seems to be very emotive and unprofessional. Is that the Macca you know and embellish in your head?

Macca has had an open door policy whereby players can freely talk to him; he has also said that he tries to keep up a good relationship with players as human beings and with their families. This runs completely counter to the way you are portraying his player management abilities.

I find the responses you cite as Talia's to be so low level as to be almost unbelievable. If he is responding like this he should go. Sour grapes instead of self improvement and sacrifice would keep us a mediocre team forever.

Wow how many words have you put in my mouth in this post that I never said

Jump to conclusions much!!

I don't wish to go into exact details of what I know so I was skipping around the edges of it without citing direct comments

But thanks for this post I needed my daily humour and u have provided it

:) cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...I don't wish to go into exact details of what I know so I was skipping around the edges of it without citing direct comments

appreciate the input.

are you saying that coach gave a rocket to young talia about application over the pre-season, the young fella cracking it, which then resulted in previous agreements / arrangements being unworkable?

(trying to piece together the story, without the exact quotes and details)

Disgraceful physical development from gws. How he can still look like that after 2 afl pre seasons is beyond me
Sam Darley was 21 when we got him and is now probably at the same level as our 2nd year players haha. I guess thats probably why we should keep looking to bring in their highly rated kids on the cheap.

Our player development seems to be pretty good actually, I can't really think about the last time we've had kids come in and show their ability and make such big gains so early in their careers. Smith and Talia almost straight away, Macrae and Bonts obviously, Stringers came so so far since we got him, Hunter and Hrovat both playing good regular footy, even Honey who came in at about 60 kilos has developed really quickly. I guess kids are coming into the league probably a bit more prepared than they were in the past but its still good signs.

appreciate the input.

are you saying that coach gave a rocket to young talia about application over the pre-season, the young fella cracking it, which then resulted in previous agreements / arrangements being unworkable?

(trying to piece together the story, without the exact quotes and details)

I'm saying there were several issues late last year and over pre season that hurt the relationship

Not blaming either party directly and saying that during the year the relationship has not improved

If no one believes this go back and listen to the interview I refer to pre season where Macca said he wasn't happy

Did I make that up also?? :)

I'm saying there were several issues late last year and over pre season that hurt the relationship

Not blaming either party directly and saying that during the year the relationship has not improved

If no one believes this go back and listen to the interview I refer to pre season where Macca said he wasn't happy

Can you put up links?

Sam Darley was 21 when we got him and is now probably at the same level as our 2nd year players haha. I guess thats probably why we should keep looking to bring in their highly rated kids on the cheap.

Our player development seems to be pretty good actually, I can't really think about the last time we've had kids come in and show their ability and make such big gains so early in their careers. Smith and Talia almost straight away, Macrae and Bonts obviously, Stringers came so so far since we got him, Hunter and Hrovat both playing good regular footy, even Honey who came in at about 60 kilos has developed really quickly. I guess kids are coming into the league probably a bit more prepared than they were in the past but its still good signs.

I think its just sheer weight of numbers that have stopped a number of GWS's players from developing to the correct level. At GWS their might have been 30 of the 40 so players undeveloped due to being recently drafted whereas at the dogs we didnt really need to worry about physical development for at least 20 - 25 players over the journey. This has changed somewhat due to our heavy influx of youngsters but we could still on a one to one development watch them and their training habits. Not so much the case at the expansion clubs.

Disgraceful physical development from gws. How he can still look like that after 2 afl pre seasons is beyond me
They are relying on talent and have few senior veterans to follow in the preseason.... the physical development side of things where the young players are put through what the veterans have done for many years, is obviously not happening. Good for us, IF they did, we will not win a premiership in the next 8-10 years, their talent level is that good.

not saying you did. tails don't wag dogs, so talia may be out the door.

i personally don't rate talia is as highly as a few BF posters make him out to be - i reckon he's 5cm short, a yard or two slow and his skills are sub-standard.

not saying you did. tails don't wag dogs, so talia may be out the door.

i personally don't rate talia is as highly as a few BF posters make him out to be - i reckon he's 5cm short, a yard or two slow and his skills are sub-standard.

Yeah I'm not sold on him either actually.

I think Redpath is the bloke thy should be working with, elite speed for a guy that big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back