Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Kelly being able to transition to a more complete midfielder a likely outcome. He's still pewny but he's definitely bigger than he was a year ago and he definitely made inroads to his weakness of winning hard ball this year in the championships. Just was VM v SA. He's burrowing in all the time and hitting tackles hard. He oozes class too. Just as good a prospect as Aish i'm sure of that.

Just on Ben Lennon, my take on him is that he's a very up and down runner. Didn't seem to have a sexy swivel about him like Murph does, but he's marking was absolutely elite. Has a very nice foot too.

I know some people say Foster had a pretty average season, but if I am correct, I think I read some where just before that he was injured most of the season? If that's that case, would it be fair to say it is hard to rate his season based on that? If he can back up that four goal game effort next week, maybe it will get some attention then. But I think we may pick him up late, or as a rookie and try and develop him in our VFL team. He can mark very well, and has a decent kick, but is a slow developer.

I'm still pretty keen on Dom Sheed, one of him, Kelly, Scharenberg or Taylor and I'll be happy.

You'd be pretty confident if Scharenberg is there at 4 we'd snap him up .
The big bodied utility who can go into the midfield is a big asset.
Just look at Freo , and the size of those mids.

no, sorry, belief is what most players have, it is the weaker form, the child to the adult. It can be turned on its head after repeated poor performances, negative comments, or a stronger argument otherwise. Belief is tested daily. But i true knowledge of what you are capable off, unwavering, like a mountain, wont be shifted. It can only be failed to be climbed, but never vanish altogether.That is arrogance.

People shift their beliefs every moment of every day. It isn't strong enough an emotion. I should know, i had 2 teaspoons for ever half glass of confidence. i knew what my body could be made to do, if only i was willing to work hard enough to get it there. And i was unflinching in that belief, thus arrogant about it, i could turn any player inside out on my day, but i still had to work my ass of to have that day. You see the difference, i could do wrong, could fall short if i cut corners, and needed to learn everything i could to try and reach those lofty heights i was certain i had in me. That is arrogance my friend, not belief.

Yeah, what he said !! :confused:

Melbourne have apparently lodged a request for a priority pick. Will this hurt us with pick 4?
What if it goes:
GWS: Boyd
Melb: Aish
Melb: Scharenberg
StK: Kelly
WB: ???

Melbourne have apparently lodged a request for a priority pick. Will this hurt us with pick 4?
What if it goes:
GWS: Boyd
Melb: Aish
Melb: Scharenberg
StK: Kelly
WB: ???

I think how it goes is Melbourne actually get pick 1, not that I think it will happen. I think at the most they will get a pick after the 1st round, Adrian Anderson said he was against them getting one at all.

I'd be thrilled with Lennon in any case anyway.

I know some people say Foster had a pretty average season, but if I am correct, I think I read some where just before that he was injured most of the season? If that's that case, would it be fair to say it is hard to rate his season based on that? If he can back up that four goal game effort next week, maybe it will get some attention then. But I think we may pick him up late, or as a rookie and try and develop him in our VFL team. He can mark very well, and has a decent kick, but is a slow developer.

Have you read the " father/son" threads ? has had Leprosy, not many come back from that.

Have you read the " father/son" threads ? has had Leprosy, not many come back from that.
It is interesting. Footy season is finished and now comes back from his injury and plays a good game. People wouldn't even know of him if he recovered 2 or so weeks later. Would of been our little secret.
Then they post it on the AFL website, before the western bulldogs website mind you.
And now people know of him, and might cost us a chance of getting him for cheap.
Anyways, I would be glad that we get him, as he is the kind of prospect we need.

I guess in the other hand, if he didn't play that game that well, he wouldn't of even been invited to the combine. So huge benefit for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is interesting. Footy season is finished and now comes back from his injury and plays a good game. People wouldn't even know of him if he recovered 2 or so weeks later. Would of been our little secret.
Then they post it on the AFL website, before the western bulldogs website mind you.
And now people know of him, and might cost us a chance of getting him for cheap.
Anyways, I would be glad that we get him, as he is the kind of prospect we need.

I guess in the other hand, if he didn't play that game that well, he wouldn't of even been invited to the combine. So huge benefit for him.

He didn't get invited to the combine, at least not to my knowledge.

I really can't see him being worth anything more then a rookie spot. Lacks a bit of presence for a kid his size and doesn't have great footy smarts. But there's enough there to give him a spot on the rookie list at least.

To be quiet honest, no I haven't haha. You guys post faster than the time I find to even read the recent postings. But now that I am up to scratch, that would now explain things ;)

He didn't get invited to the combine, at least not to my knowledge.

I really can't see him being worth anything more then a rookie spot. Lacks a bit of presence for a kid his size and doesn't have great footy smarts. But there's enough there to give him a spot on the rookie list at least.

Did he get invited to the state screenings?

I thought Foster wont be available until next years draft anyways by what the article said about him.

In 1988, Foster polled 14 votes in the Brownlow Medal to finish equal fifth in the count.

His son, who is eligible for this year's NAB AFL Draft, has barely been sighted this season after dealing with a foot injury.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-09/fatherson-dog-fires

Did he get invited to the state screenings?

He may get a late call up, but no he didn't.

I'm stretching my memory a little here, but wasn't Peter F a bit of a late developer?
Yep - if he played in the modern era, he'd attract 10,000 BF & facebook posts calling him a plodder and list clogger, and there'd be outrage in his first few years when he isn't delisted.

So I feel like as a list we've got a fairly good one. Positionally we've got a number of players pushing for each spot. Obviously we want another tall forward, but we could really draft any type of player, because I can't see a glaring need. I've got a couple of young small forwards at the Swan Districts I like: Charlie Cameron who's come from no where is a real fighter, and one of those players with spark. Garlett as well, but he's unlikely to come to Whitten Oval. We could also do worse then look at Ugle with a Rookie pick. A top fellow.

Yep - if he played in the modern era, he'd attract 10,000 BF & facebook posts calling him a plodder and list clogger, and there'd be outrage in his first few years when he isn't delisted.

Ha, ha, yeah Mof., sounds about right.
I am sure the club will have had a good look at young Foster, and hopefully there are enough old timers floating around the system that will remember the old man was a late bloomer, who turned into a more than serviceable mature player.

Perhaps the son might be looked at with a late or rooky pick. Could do worse. Hey come to think of it we might have done that once or twice before [ worse].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back