Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to give Butcher a crack but anyone suggesting a 3rd or 4th rounder will get it done are surely delusional.

Rarely does a player come without risk and Port would want to have a bit of each way on him in case he turns into a Shultz for another team. On the other side of that we need to take a risk too in case he does work out. It's a tricky trade I reckon.

We want to trade for a key forward, but realistically, who are we going to get.
Anyone with any form/reputation wants an arm and a leg with a seven year contract.

Butcher has some talent and potential, and he could be worth a shot.

Kicking can be fixed, can't it! He could be a risk worth taking.

KM

I'd argue that Austin's best is significantly lower than the best we've seen from Young. delist - please!

DogDays can you lay off him until after the weekend , he is a very important player this week.
You are all going to come at me I know , but watched the Port game again , and yes Austin looked horrible at times , but in the end played a reasonable game .
Ok I'm ready for you !

We want to trade for a key forward, but realistically, who are we going to get.
Anyone with any form/reputation wants an arm and a leg with a seven year contract.

Butcher has some talent and potential, and he could be worth a shot.

Kicking can be fixed, can't it! He could be a risk worth taking.

KM

You won't change much at his age. His techniquetechnique

DogDays can you lay off him until after the weekend , he is a very important player this week.
You are all going to come at me I know , but watched the Port game again , and yes Austin looked horrible at times , but in the end played a reasonable game .
Ok I'm ready for you !

I hope he plays well this weekend but I think he needs to be moved on for our list to progress. Finish on a highlight with a premership medal.

Just tweeted that jaksch is set to accept a 5 year deal from us. Ok, now I'm confided.
huh?
really lol.
It went from we were half a chance, to we got no chance, to now he is about to sign a deal with us?
I am as confused as you mate.
Great if true though!
I wonder what we are offering GWS for him

huh?
really lol.
It went from we were half a chance, to we got no chance, to now he is about to sign a deal with us?
I am as confused as you mate.
Great if true though!
I wonder what we are offering GWS for him
hope we are offering steak knives.... OR it is part of a trade like this:
Pick 2 + Jaksch for Pick 5, 2nd round pick & higgins compensation.

hope we are offering steak knives.... OR it is part of a trade like this:
Pick 2 + Jaksch for Pick 5, 2nd round pick & higgins compensation.
GWS are wanting a end of first round pick for him. We could possibly get him if Higgins earns us a end of first round pick. I doubt it. mainly expecting a 2nd round pick after our second round pick.
I can't see them giving us pick 2 and Jaksch for pick 5 and two second round picks. Heavily one sided there.

Just FYI it's a Facebook page saying 3AW said this. Not actually 3AW.
Cheers etsal1.
I wouldn't be surprised for the dogs to offer a key position player a 5 year deal, as we need to offer around 5 years to get a KPP to the dogs.
But was informed earlier that carlton are definitely in the box seat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers etsal1.
I wouldn't be surprised for the dogs to offer a key position player a 5 year deal, as we need to offer around 5 years to get a KPP to the dogs.
But was informed earlier that carlton are definitely in the box seat
So was I. But who knows in the silly season.

Brown, Burbury, Hunt, Schroder and Jesse Stringer all up for trade at geelong

I think we'll get him - I mean we might as well - Channel 7 already think we do.

Also;

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-17/speedy-blease-exits-dees

No word if we're interested yet but I wanted him a couple of years ago. As long as he's kept his pace (remember him being lightening) he could be worth getting and he'd have to be dirt cheap.

Just read the article, this is a depressing stat for the kid:

"Blease was good enough to be twice nominated for the NAB AFL Rising Star Award but he played in just six wins in his six seasons with the club."

Had to check 3aw twitter for myself and found this.. Wish I knew what time it was on..

@3AWSportsToday · 1h
Don't miss TONIGHT when @westernbulldogs coach, Brendan McCartney tells us what's been happening at the Dogs since the season ended

Edit: Research shows the program runs 6-8pm. I normally listen to SEN so had no idea.

Can someone be a darl and post in here when its coming on, keen to have a listen.

Anyway hope the Jaksch talk is true, IMO I'd want him playing the same role as Reid at the club (lead up CHF) so hopefully we land him, forget about Reid and hold onto our first rounder

The Facebook post about Jaksch said he grew up a massive Dogs supporter. He was actually a massive Richmond supporter. Pretty sure his dad was in a coterie group too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back