Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Higgins decides to run off looking for more cash as if you could give a **** about where he goes
I'm sure if he could get the same money at the Dogs as he would elsewhere he'd want to stay, and I don't hold any personal grudges. I don't want to send him to live/play in far flung western Sydney wearing their awful safety jumper.

I have the presumption of Higgins actually wanting to play for the Western Bulldogs, I'm not going to get preemptively annoyed at him a few months before he could potentially leave after 8 years of service.

I have the presumption of Higgins actually wanting to play for the Western Bulldogs, I'm not going to get preemptively annoyed at him a few months before he could potentially leave after 8 years of service.
Of course not, thats why I started my sentence with 'if'. If he goes its for money, and after the 8 years of benefits he's gotten from us he'd absolutely be a judas. Sending him to GWS would be the least of my worries, hell I'd send him to outback South Australia if I could.

While I'm not the President of the Higgins fan club by any means, I'd feel a tinge of guilt sending him off to GWS of all clubs, even if it's where he wants to go. He'd realise he doesn't want to be there, sooner or later.

As for Dixon, he'd cost too much, and he's also a gigantic bellend. Can think of players I'd rather target.

I can't really name a better player that rucks and kicks goals that could do it with Tom Campbell for the next 6 - 7 years. In fact there isn't one unless Tom boyd is developed into a 2nd ruck also which he shouldn't be.

I can't really name a better player that rucks and kicks goals that could do it with Tom Campbell for the next 6 - 7 years. In fact there isn't one unless Tom boyd is developed into a 2nd ruck also which he shouldn't be.
Boyd going into the ruck makes me cringe, have to wonder if they regret selecting him, even a little bit.

I stand by my reasoning for not wanting Dixon but see where you're coming from, in terms of structure.

Boyd going into the ruck makes me cringe, have to wonder if they regret selecting him, even a little bit.

I stand by my reasoning for not wanting Dixon but see where you're coming from, in terms of structure.
He's still most likely to be the best player from that draft, stepping away from the Bonti-filled bias that we have.
Who they should regret taking is McCarthey, Corr, Jacksch, and even going back a couple of years, James Stewart.
Those sort of players are hardly going to get a game and their development is being hindered.

He's still most likely to be the best player from that draft, stepping away from the Bonti-filled bias that we have.
Who they should regret taking is McCarthey, Corr, Jacksch, and even going back a couple of years, James Stewart.
Those sort of players are hardly going to get a game and their development is being hindered.
I remember watching the draft and thinking, what is the point of them taking all these KPPs? other then to try and get trade value out of having some developed but inexperienced talls on the list..

Oh yeah what an absolute waste that would be seeing Boyd in the ruck half the time. It really comes down to personal preference but I like those types of players such as Dixon, Ballentyne because there are physical and there to win. I'm sure opposition supporters think Libba, Stringer and Hrovat are bellends cause there always in the middle of the scuffles and thats what makes them my favourite players!

Oh yeah what an absolute waste that would be seeing Boyd in the ruck half the time. It really comes down to personal preference but I like those types of players such as Dixon, Ballentyne because there are physical and there to win. I'm sure opposition supporters think Libba, Stringer and Hrovat are bellends cause there always in the middle of the scuffles and thats what makes them my favourite players!
Fair enough - I did feel proud seeing someone post 'Gee that #24 from the Dogs is a little prick!' on Facebook :p

Can you see Higgins moving to GWS for anything less though?

I'm guessing they judge the compo on the amount of the whole contract, right? How about we try to work out something like this -

GWS offer him a one year deal worth 800k, and then next year they can give him just say 100k averaging out to a normal 3 year contract or whatever they decide with him.

We then get band 1, and trade both first rounders for Patton + O'Rourke.

Win, win, win situation.

EDIT: Feck just realised that the compo goes on $ and length of contract, so there goes that idea.

Okay how about we tell GWS we will match any contract they offer Higgins and won't allow him to go, unless they trade us Boyd or Patton for our first pick and Higgins compo pick. Higgins, pick 5 and pick 19 for Patton or Boyd.

Yeah would be a great outcome to get Band 1 compo. Not fussed on getting O'Rouke though.. Two early first rounders would certainly help us get a big KPF tho!

Yeah would be a great outcome to get Band 1 compo. Not fussed on getting O'Rouke though.. Two early first rounders would certainly help us get a big KPF tho!
Guys I love all this but we need to keep a bit of perspective. Higgins, as unlikely (IMO) it is that he goes, he won't be offered more than $400k a season and we'd be lucky to get a Band 2 compo pick if he did.

I'm the president of the Patton bandwagon (a bandwagon that many more have jumped on recently - the more the merrier) however we can't do a player/pick trade to GWS for Patton that involved Higgins, they just wouldn't look at it. We need to be more creative than that.

Having said all of that, our forward line has functioned better with a much more confident Stringer in it and Crameri being more of the hit up high HF, the role he should be doing all the time. Midfield dominance has helped our forward line recently but we come up against some pretty handy midfields in the next few weeks so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

An alarming number of our own across a couple of mediums are suggesting we trade Bontempelli to get the key forward we desire. I think we need to start making ground on involuntary sterilization legislation.

Guys I love all this but we need to keep a bit of perspective. Higgins, as unlikely (IMO) it is that he goes, he won't be offered more than $400k a season and we'd be lucky to get a Band 2 compo pick if he did.

not if he goes to a Sydney team

spending over 400k on Tom Mitchell is insane for a third year player, that didn't play in his first year
we're probably paying around 400k..just wait and see I guess :drunk:

I'm the president of the Patton bandwagon (a bandwagon that many more have jumped on recently - the more the merrier) however we can't do a player/pick trade to GWS for Patton that involved Higgins, they just wouldn't look at it. We need to be more creative than that.

Having said all of that, our forward line has functioned better with a much more confident Stringer in it and Crameri being more of the hit up high HF, the role he should be doing all the time. Midfield dominance has helped our forward line recently but we come up against some pretty handy midfields in the next few weeks so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

I had to laugh at this, you haven't seen this thread...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bring-patton-to-the-western-bulldogs-in-season-2014.980352/

Good times. Time for a re-open?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An alarming number of our own across a couple of mediums are suggesting we trade Bontempelli to get the key forward we desire. I think we need to start making ground on involuntary sterilization legislation.
Who?

They aren't real people.
Maybe other clubs have planted them there to stir up dissent in our ranks.. has Essendon revenge scheme written all over it ;)
Oh that's fine then. They don't matter!
Indeed. I wish we would somehow find a superstar, Franklin-like key forward though, just so we could avoid the ludicrous trade suggestions for a decade or two.

Maybe other clubs have planted them there to stir up dissent in our ranks.. has Essendon revenge scheme written all over it ;)

Indeed. I wish we would somehow find a superstar, Franklin-like key forward though, just so we could avoid the ludicrous trade suggestions for a decade or two.
Oh god. Imagine finally getting a full forward that performed week in week out. It would definitely shut the Facebook crew up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back