Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in regards to Butcher, was reading the Port board and he is signed for 1 more season so at the end of 2015 he is OOC. I remember him being put on pretty decent $ to keep him at Port so if they do land Ryder and one or two others, along with their younger guys getting extensions, it's plausible to think Butcher could be the odd man out if they get a little tight with the salary cap and wont to move him on. The posters are looking for a 3rd round pick it seems but I think a late pick upgrade in the scenario above would probably suit.

Hawthorn have 40 of em. We need to be able to find at least 20 odd!

I think our drafting over the last 3 years has ticked a bunch of these boxes.

I think you are vastly over-rating most of the Hawks players.

Funny wrote this ages ago..
Leon Cameron-JJ See more Cameron in Darley.
Chris Grant-Bonti Disagree nobody could be Grant.
Brad Johnson-Hrovatt-Hunter Jake Stringer is more Brad Johnson.
Tony Liberatore-Tom Libba Despit his name Tom is more West than his father. Clay Smith is Libba senior incarnate.
Rohan Smith-Stringer They have nothing in common. Closest thing to Bubba we have is Higgins and I'm uncomfortable with that comparison
Scott West-Mc rae Libba is more West than Macrae
Scott Wynd-Campbell Is Campbell even close to as good a tap ruckman?

Not bad at all looking forward.

Other thing on good kicks is our left foot

Bonti
Hunter
Libba
Crameri
smith
howard
My thoughts in bold.
I think most of these players are very different, hopefully they can go two better than the old timers when they get their chance.

Can we please start calling him Macrae instead of Mccrae? Pet peeve of mine, I like to have our boys names spelt correctly... :$

I think you are vastly over-rating most of the Hawks players.
Even guys not getting a game like Anderson, hallahan and hartung tick the boxes. Suckling won't get a game either.

Anyhoo, just my priorities in what I like in a player. Everyone sees the game differently.

The only hawthorn blokes who aren't good kicks are Cheney, spangher, Stratton, O brien and.... Wait for it.... hodge

Get Anderson, doggies supporter and we did some research on him before he was taken by hawks in the mini draft (i believe)
Could be a good outside midfielder with more size to him.

Even guys not getting a game like Anderson, hallahan and hartung tick the boxes. Suckling won't get a game either.

Anyhoo, just my priorities in what I like in a player. Everyone sees the game differently.

I wasn't disagreeing with the list Fronk - it's pretty self-evident really. My view though is that not all best 22 players on any team meet all of the criteria.

Hawthorn have 40 of em. We need to be able to find at least 20 odd!

I think our drafting over the last 3 years has ticked a bunch of these boxes.
Hawks have plenty of soft players. They have also have a lot who aren't calm under pressure but are so good at finding space that they are rarely under pressure. As for the good fella one, that's subjective and mostly an unknown to us. Anyway Butcher ticks at least 3 boxes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leon Cameron
Chris Grant
Brad Johnson
Tony Liberatore
Rohan Smith
Scott West
Scott Wynd

have we got better

Have to agree , why was Curley sent back with Jarman. No way he has it that easy with Kretiuk back there.
Also a 17 yr old Brown selected in front of a mature Kolyniuk.
2 massive blunders for me.

Sorry King, but I think the trauma of the memory is affecting you - Brown was almost 20 in that game, he was already 19 when he debuted (his number was 17 though :D!).

Just a bit on Butcher:

197cm
94kg

Former pick 8 from 2009 draft (Gippsland Power boy), only just turned 23, we know how long the big guys take and he has lost a lot of time with injuries.

If we can get his body and kicking right, he could be a boom recruit, or even just a serviceable big fwd target to develop. If he comes cheap, I'd love to get him in. Just remember if he didn't have issues like injury / kicking, we wouldn't have the (potential) opportunity to bring him to the club like this without hugely overpaying. Need to pick up a diamond in the rough when we aren't able to pinch a Franklin, Cameron, Tippet etc.

I'd rather Vickery...

The whole Jarmans paddock happened because Modra did his knee.
Don't underestimate the roles of Rehn or Macleod either. We left the door open and they stepped in . I need a shower now, feeling dirty talking about THAT GAME!
The man that got them back in the game I thought was Nigel Smart. I remember he drifted up to half forward and every defensive kick out of the back 50 we did, he seemed to get on the end of. Then he was able to get it back in to Jarman. Who polished us off.
He played a phenomenal 3rd quarter Smart Burnt Feet.

Yep later we got in Cookie, Hudson, Minton-Connell, Dent etc and drafted Brown.

I was disappointed the way Hargraves dropped off after his knee injury (was a kid then so don't know full circumstances) thought he would've been a gun. Terry clearly thought our forward power was awful so the 2 Hawthorn blokes come in and made an impact.
I don't think Hargreaves was the sharpest tool in the shed. There are a few weird stories about his time at Freo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back