Strategy Trade and List Management thread 2.(...the waiting for the hammer to fall edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why did the Eagles poster's post get deleted about pick 106? Surely meant as a joke, and not offensive?
I was trying to like his post...I thought it was very clever and funny!

I respectfully disagree. Next year he could be a premier defender and worth much more than he is right now
He definitely could be, you're right. But he could also spend a lot of the year injured (isn't the foot thing something that typically reoccurs?), or for whatever reason not live up to his promising start, and even if he does we lose negotiating power with him coming out of contract. But I get what you're saying, he could help us win another flag next year too.

Firstly no to Mckenzie and Mitch Brown,if he wants to go home let him go and get the best deal.
Secondly I find it staggering that he is homesick already, he is 24 years old not 18 FFS. At least Hamling stayed in Victoria a bit longer and I am glad he is a premiership player.
Hopefully the list managers and recruiters have a plan B in case the club loses both.

I have no idea what you just said. Beer o'clock?
I don't drink, yet I bought a premiership stubby holder but hey that's another story.

We shouldn't overpay for hamling for the sake of paying for a key back, just like we shouldn't just pick up any back "because we need a back"

If we have a target in mind and he isn't there this year, we shouldn't settle for 2nd or 3rd best.

Hamling & Adams for 35 next years second & Collins.

Collins stats stack up well vs Adams, I still think Adams has more potential, but has injury risks.

It's a terrible deal for us. Not that it is a lopsided deal but in terms of suitability to our defence it's not good.

Hamling and Adams IMO and many on this board feel that they are our 2 first choice defenders. Now Collins isn't a bad prospect at all but he isn't mobile and doesn't intercept like Hamling and Adams do.

Hamling has far more importance than pick 35 to us. Because of his suitability. Ditto Adams.

Collins would compete with the other Collins and Roberts for the big defender role. And I don't really like that.

Would reject that trade.

I don't drink, yet I bought a premiership stubby holder but hey that's another story.

We shouldn't overpay for hamling for the sake of paying for a key back, just like we shouldn't just pick up any back "because we need a back"

If we have a target in mind and he isn't there this year, we shouldn't settle for 2nd or 3rd best.

That's awfully categorical.

Sometimes a back up pick up can turn into a premiership star (see Biggs)

Got it - thanks. It's beer o'clock for me in case you hadn't guessed!

Adams wants to go home both clubs are in WA he shouldn't be fussed
I imagine so. NN is good mates with he and his brother, but I can't imagine that influencing things greatly.

Keep Hamling, trade Adams. Hopefully WC can pick him up and offer a reasonable deal. It wouldn't be our first but may involve McKenzie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont worry guys, I'm back for more negotiations.

I think your Mod took my joke way too seriously.

Now if I was to say "how about a 161 game player", you would say yes right?

Come on down Chris Masten!

170815m_ChrisMasten_800x600.jpg

He may be a pleb on the field, but you cant say no to this!

849993-pn-news-emmi-moore.jpg

I imagine so. NN is good mates with he and his brother, but I can't imagine that influencing things greatly.

Keep Hamling, trade Adams. Hopefully WC can pick him up and offer a reasonable deal. It wouldn't be our first but may involve McKenzie
I think with the emergence of this Adams situation we should gun it to keep Hamling and deal with you lot. Good trading relationship, reasonable club and our coaches are mates.

That's awfully categorical.

Sometimes a back up pick up can turn into a premiership star (see Biggs)
We can't jeopardise our plans or salary cap space, if what we have on offer is what we can do because we have other plans in place, we can't up it IMO.

These plans might be 12 months away

Would rather keep Hamling and trade Adams. Adams may be injury prone next year based on the types of injuries he's had this year and may not be durable enough to occupy a permanent position in the team. Further, not sure if his heart will be in it to make a big effort to get fit and overcome those injuries. Hamling has a sound body and his form in the finals that mattered was excellent. Throw some more money at him and see what happens then.

Would rather keep Hamling and trade Adams. Adams may be injury prone next year based on the types of injuries he's had this year and may not be durable enough to occupy a permanent position in the team. Further, not sure if his heart will be in it to make a big effort to get fit and overcome those injuries. Hamling has a sound body and his form in the finals that mattered was excellent. Throw some more money at him and see what happens then.
Love to keep Hamling but not at any cost. If we have to lose both so be it.

Dont worry guys, I'm back for more negotiations.

I think your Mod took my joke way too seriously.

Now if I was to say "how about a 161 game player", you would say yes right?

Come on down Chris Masten!

170815m_ChrisMasten_800x600.jpg

He may be a pleb on the field, but you cant say no to this!

849993-pn-news-emmi-moore.jpg
Your first attempt was way funnier!

Must keep one of them.

Hamling will get us little, Adams could get us a lot with both WA teams interested and more value to begin with, as well as being under contract.

Would be more confident in Hamling sticking about after 2017 if he gets games than Adams.

Would also be more confident in Hamling improving his trade value more than Adams would even if he does decide to leave still, with Adams' risk of injury and coming out of contract.

Overpay a touch to keep Hamling, get as much as we can for Adams. First round pick hopefully.

That's the best news of the day! Freo are talking shit if they say they don't want Adams - they just about threw up on the table when we drafted him just before their next pick last year.
How about that sly smirk from Simpson though when they had the next pick? Think they both wanted him at the time and now he's shown he can be a best 22 player in the premiership team no less.

I think with the emergence of this Adams situation we should gun it to keep Hamling and deal with you lot. Good trading relationship, reasonable club and our coaches are mates.
Hahahaha I agree, too bad I have no say.

I think the clubs can reach a reasonable arrangement. Something involving a second round pick/pick swaps and McKenzie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back