Strategy Trade and List Management thread 2.(...the waiting for the hammer to fall edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would've been happy for Hurley to come to us for personal matters (or money, we wouldn't really have cared). No one here cared that Boyd wanted to cry me home after 1 year while still contracted.

So much hypocrisy ITT

Boyd only wanted the coin. Nothing wrong with that. Gws could have kept him for another year if they wanted. Just as we can with Adams. Fair enough if he misses his family. Go sit out for a year and then try again the following year.

If people think re-signing the Sh!t footballers players we have and Cloke and losing Adams,Hamling, Stevens and co is acceptable even from a bottom 4 team then I'm not the fool mate.

I did say I hope next week changes it but if we ended up with this conclusion and from what I'm hearing it's how we will it's embarrassing.

But hey let's all continue to circle jerk and pretend this isn't a bad outcome. We have been brilliant and had the whip hand to improve and SO FAR we have farked it.

Again as I said let's hope next week makes it clearer

O my god just stop...

Embarrassing you are better than this...

Sydney looking to trade up the draft order with 14 and 17.

Perhaps an opportunity for Fremantle to give up 7 for those two picks, plus some shuffling elsewhere?

Re-sign Hamling, mid-late first rounder for Adams. Not ideal but best I can come up with.

Understand Adams has personal reasons, but that doesn't stop our club from holding firm and getting the BEST possible deal from either the Eagles or Freo - a bidding war if necessary.

Happy to have a crack at MacKenzie now.

As for MD, we win the flag and he's still having a crack at the club. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

We re-signed Jong, so get over it or f*** off and 'support' another team.

Lads

Im in contact with Marcus's cousin who will likely stay off the board for a while I'd imagine.

Adams missed the GF because we delayed his surgery to the week leading up to the GF and then we told him to stay at home and not attend the G.

He's had to have his finger re-done again as that was botched. He's not coped away from his family as well as he'd hoped. This is life, not life and death.

The club have known for a long time and we've planned around him possibly going back. It's all very mutual and Marcus has been completely transparent.

Take it easy on Marcus and lets see how it all unfolds. He played well for us in a Premiership year. Lets try and get a good deal done and move on.

Unless he turns his phone off and goes pigshooting, Im right behind him.

If the club has planned around it what are they doing losing our CHB and FB??

Honestly, this is not bad news at all. Adams heads to freo, so hammer is less likely to get a regular game there and more likely to get one with us- I reckon this will push hammer into staying. We then have much more power in Adams negotiations due to his contract status. We'll be properly compensated for him. We wouldn't have been properly compensated for hammer.

Go easy on Adams. We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. To all the people trashing him for leaving one year into his first contract, please refrain unless you're willing to say the same things about tom boyd.
great post mate

Can't recommend enough the value of ignoring flogs on bigfooty. Been living clean and happy for two years

Speaking hypothetically the last half an hour is like you picked up an awesome supermodel. Morning comes and she ball taps and Dutch ovens you and then leaves without giving you her number.

My information is that the request was made mid year, it's not a new request, and that we won't be trading him this year which he is cool with. Next year however could be a different story

Lads

Im in contact with Marcus's cousin who will likely stay off the board for a while I'd imagine.

Adams missed the GF because we delayed his surgery to the week leading up to the GF and then we told him to stay at home and not attend the G.

He's had to have his finger re-done again as that was botched. He's not coped away from his family as well as he'd hoped. This is life, not life and death.

The club have known for a long time and we've planned around him possibly going back. It's all very mutual and Marcus has been completely transparent.

Take it easy on Marcus and lets see how it all unfolds. He played well for us in a Premiership year. Lets try and get a good deal done and move on.

Great post, thanks. It's hard to separate sometimes as a supporter the football player from the person, and the reality is none of us know much of what's going on behind closed doors. From the stories of his brother, he has obviously been through a lot already.

If he leaves I'll be disappointed, but I won't begrudge him.

Lads

Can confirm most of this from a different source. So, I would say the rest is correct too. Freo knew about it for months too. Not sure why they hit up Hamling too but why not?
Also, found out your most controversial post has been misunderstood but true too.
Great news breaking work!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, initial disappointment over. Forcing him to sit out a year would be GWSesque.
One of the two clubs in WA will offer us a fair deal and we'll have to take it. It'll involve a first rounder no doubt.
People must come first in situations like this, sure we deserve adequate compensation, but we knew the issues with Marcus when we gave him an opportunity. Hope he really tears it up for the weagles or dockers except when playing us.

My information is that the request was made mid year, it's not a new request, and that we won't be trading him this year which he is cool with. Next year however could be a different story
Weird timing for an announcement if that is the case

Whatever happens, at least you guys won a premiership and are in a good position going forward!!

No idea what will happen with the trades, just wanted to say that I hope if Adams or Hamling decide to leave, they come to us and not the filth up the road.

Good luck with it all.

The recent news on Adams is a shock but I hope the club had some insight to this happening and hence has had the time to digest and plan for it accordingly.

Lets not assume it is only Freo in the frame Adams wants back to WA so there is WCE also.

Really hope the club knew about this earlier and maybe they did and that is why Hamling has not announced his intentions.

Pretty flat right now really liked Adams actually loved the way he played.

He's worth Freo's first pick.

Trade Adams, give Hammer the cash/security he wants and move on.

And then, start whispering in Nat Fyfe's ear about a 2017/18 premiership in RW&B.

The reality is losing both Hamling and Adams without getting some sort of ready made quality coming back pretty much royally owns our backline depth for next year.

I'm not banking on a 30 year old collingwood centre half forward suddenly learning how to be a key back. Its not an easy position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back