Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have the opposite view. Defenders like him are difficult to find.
He is young and only going to get better , and quite frankly better than some others on here think.
I know who I would have preferred playing last night , if you know what I mean ?
Of course , but he isn't better than Adams .
Midfield pressure makes defenders look better than they actually are sometimes . It's a moot point anyway because he wanted to go home

Watching Stevens dominate around the packs tonight shows he could have been just the type of player we need right now - someone with a bit of grunt! Some will state hindsight and all that but I didn't want him to leave in the first place.

Tearing up the tigers doesn't mean much

In hindsight last years trading period was a disaster

Gave away Hrovat and Stevens for nothing, when this year they clearly would have been best 22.
I'm with you, trading away both was a mistake. One of their list spots was taken by Hamilton.

I'm not the biggest Jmac fan, and the Stevens trade was horrible.

I'd have him ahead of both Jong and Dunkley although I expect plenty to disagree

Dunkley is getting a bad rap on here - was going fine last year, good enough to play in the Premiership side, not so great this year along with everybody else then out for the year with injury after only a few games......

The only thing I didn't like was dunkley celebrating like he won the GF after the siren with a couple goals against brissy. Other than that he had the same problem as everyone else it appears thinking it's just going to happen and they wouldn't have to work harder than they ever have before. Hope they get the message now.

I'm with you, trading away both was a mistake. One of their list spots was taken by Hamilton.

I'm not the biggest Jmac fan, and the Stevens trade was horrible.

I'd have him ahead of both Jong and Dunkley although I expect plenty to disagree
Yeah, one here. Stevens never really impressed me that much, seemed to be in and out of the team too much to really have an impact in one position. I'm happy that we were looking to trade him, but we did f**k up that trade massively. And honestly, the fact is that sometimes guys that have real talent can't make the graade in a certain environment, and that was where Hrovat sat with us. It's not right to say that 'trading him was a mistake' now, when last year I cannot remember one true supporter of Hrovat's here on the Dogs board. He was always going to be traded and needed to be traded, and from what he had shown in his time at the club we got okay compensation, considering we thought North would finish dead last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't come on here often or follow the trade rules to well. What do we have to do to get Josh Kelly? Just throw money or picks or players or both?

Don't know who is worth anything on our end? Campbell? Webb? Dare I say it, Lukey Dal?

We really need some speed and class in the midfield if we are to go to the next level.

Yeah, one here. Stevens never really impressed me that much, seemed to be in and out of the team too much to really have an impact in one position. I'm happy that we were looking to trade him, but we did f**k up that trade massively. And honestly, the fact is that sometimes guys that have real talent can't make the graade in a certain environment, and that was where Hrovat sat with us. It's not right to say that 'trading him was a mistake' now, when last year I cannot remember one true supporter of Hrovat's here on the Dogs board. He was always going to be traded and needed to be traded, and from what he had shown in his time at the club we got okay compensation, considering we thought North would finish dead last.
Not saying we shouldnt have traded him but I would definitely say I was a true supporter of Hrovat last year

I don't come on here often or follow the trade rules to well. What do we have to do to get Josh Kelly? Just throw money or picks or players or both?

Don't know who is worth anything on our end? Campbell? Webb? Dare I say it, Lukey Dal?

We really need some speed and class in the midfield if we are to go to the next level.

forget about it mate
we arnt a destination club, never have and never will be

Correct me if i am wrong but wasn't Stevens after more $$$ which we weren't willing to pay for a fringe 22 player?
Exactly . Some people can't let the facts get in the way of a b/s yarn . Stevens is a fringe player in our side. He wanted more opportunities as well , as did Hrovat

Exactly . Some people can't let the facts get in the way of a b/s yarn . Stevens is a fringe player in our side. He wanted more opportunities as well , as did Hrovat

My beef with both the Hrovat and Stevens trades was not that we traded them but rather we accepted trades that returned us less than their value. Just think we could have been firmer and maybe got a bit more, even if we had to lose one for nothing to the draft to make a point. We always seem to be on the poor end of trades and i would cop one sacrifice to change that.

HROVAT WAS MY BOY!!!

Definitely didn't want him gone but it was the correct move for him and the club at the time.

My beef with both the Hrovat and Stevens trades was not that we traded them but rather we accepted trades that returned us less than their value. Just think we could have been firmer and maybe got a bit more, even if we had to lose one for nothing to the draft to make a point. We always seem to be on the poor end of trades and i would cop one sacrifice to change that.
It's worth keeping a good rep as then we get trades like the Biggs one that come back to us.

There's no point burning bridges with players and sending them where they don't want to go for a minuscule increase in a trade.

Stevens is a shocking footballer,his disposal would be at the bottom level in the whole league. Hrovat was good depth but not overly good.
We got nothing for these blokes because we were going to delist them anyway. At the end of the season you have to delist players. No one was going to use decent trade picks for players who they could basically get for free.
The way Stevens carried himself last year was also extremely poor,great decision getting rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back