Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day guys,
I come in peace with a genuine question. There have been rumours about Dahl possibly not being happy at the dogs along with Stringer. I'm not suggesting that there is anything to these rumours at all and hope that it's all BS, but hypothetically, who do u as doggies supporters think would hold the greater value trade wise out of the two? Have been talking with my brother about it and he says Dahl. I think the package has the highest value due to his ceiling and match winning potential. Interested in your thoughts as it would help to settle our discussion!
Cheers and good luck in the off season.

Tweedie was a really average prospect. Odd choice to draft him, dare i say it was Clayton-esque...

From early reports on here, it was a low risk - high reward situation. Fair enough it hasn't worked out, but it hasn't cost us much at all & hopefully TT learnt from the experience to move forward in life with whatever he chooses to do

G'day guys,
I come in peace with a genuine question. There have been rumours about Dahl possibly not being happy at the dogs along with Stringer. I'm not suggesting that there is anything to these rumours at all and hope that it's all BS, but hypothetically, who do u as doggies supporters think would hold the greater value trade wise out of the two? Have been talking with my brother about it and he says Dahl. I think the package has the highest value due to his ceiling and match winning potential. Interested in your thoughts as it would help to settle our discussion!
the rumors are BS when it comes to Lukey

This might be a handy resource to some.
Senior List

Marcus Adams (contracted till 2020)
Shane Biggs (contracted till 2018)
Marcus Bontempelli (contracted till 2019)
Tom Boyd (contracted till 2021)
Tom Campbell (contracted till 2018)
Travis Cloke (contracted till 2018)
Kieran Collins (contracted till 2018)
Zaine Cordy (contracted till 2018)
Stewart Crameri (contract expiring)
Luke Dahlhaus (contracted til 2018)
Bailey Dale (contracted till 2019)
Caleb Daniel (contracted till 2019)
Tory Dickson (contracted till 2018)
Josh Dunkley (contracted till 2019)
Tim English (contracted till 2020)
Fergus Greene (contracted till 2018)
Mitch Honeychurch (contract expiring)
Lachie Hunter (contracted till 2019)
Jason Johannisen (contracted till 2022)
Lin Jong (contracted till 2018)
Tom Liberatore (contracted till 2018)
Patrick Lipinski (contracted till 2019)
Jack Macrae (contracted till 2018)
Toby McLean (contracted till 2019)
Dale Morris (contracted till 2018)
Liam Picken (contracted till 2019)
Jack Redpath (contracted till 2019)
Fletcher Roberts (contracted till 2019)
Jordan Roughead (contracted till 2018)
Clay Smith (contracted till 2018)
Jake Stringer (contracted till 2018)
Matthew Suckling (contracted till 2018)
Mitch Wallis (contracted till 2018)
Lukas Webb (contracted till 2019)
Bailey Williams (contracted till 2019)
Easton Wood (contracted till 2020)
Lewis Young (contracted till 2019)
N/A
N/A
N/A

Category A Rookie
Brad Lynch (3rd year)
Nathan Mullenger-McHugh (2nd year)
Roarke Smith (must be promoted or delisted before October 31)
N/A

Category B Rookies
N/A
N/A
N/A

Last edited:
G'day guys,

Stringer for me by a mile.
Blokes like him don't grow on trees.

G'day guys,
Dont think it would be inaccurate to say Dahl not happy at present.. but I am sure the club is very keen to work through any issues and move forward.

I have two people generally fairly well connected with information.. the first was bang on about Stringer before news even broke.. and he has since told me Dahl is untouchable..wont be going anywhere..

Whilst the second person has said there is something in it... and also mentioned that Carlton are very keen on obtaining Stringer.

So from that it would seem reasonable to assume that the club is shaking a few cages with intent around improvments.. and would also be reasonable to assume the club is more than ok to move Jake along with a good return.. unlikely to move Tom on based in his value being higher retained.. and extremely unlikely to move Luke on.. but work to be done with the latter two no doubts.

I think early indicators would have Carlton and Essendon as the likely trade partners for Jake.

Which begs the question.. what is he worth?
My thoughts are around Top 10 pick equivalency.

To answer your question on Dahl and Stringer comparable value.. I would have them on a par..with Tom slightly behind.

When all are on their game however.. Tom is the most valuable to the team in my opinion.

However Jakes upside is much higher than the Luke and Tom.. which is exactly the reason why a bidding war will open up for his services.. and the club can afford to play their hand early to fan the flame..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Senior List

N/A
N/A
N/A

Category A Rookie
Brad Lynch (3rd year)
N/A

Category B Rookies
N/A
N/A
N/A
Outstanding work.. perhaps a position may open up alongside Dalrymple if you keep this type of administrative process on display.

Dont think it would be inaccurate to say Dahl not happy at present.. but I am sure the club is very keen to work through any issues and move forward.

I have two people generally fairly well connected with information.. the first was bang on about Stringer before news even broke.. and he has since told me Dahl is untouchable..wont be going anywhere..

Whilst the second person has said there is something in it... and also mentioned that Carlton are very keen on obtaining Stringer.

So from that it would seem reasonable to assume that the club is shaking a few cages with intent around improvments.. and would also be reasonable to assume the club is more than ok to move Jake along with a good return.. unlikely to move Tom on based in his value being higher retained.. and extremely unlikely to move Luke on.. but work to be done with the latter two no doubts.

I think early indicators would have Carlton and Essendon as the likely trade partners for Jake.

Which begs the question.. what is he worth?
My thoughts are around Top 10 pick equivalency.

To answer your question on Dahl and Stringer comparable value.. I would have them on a par..with Tom slightly behind.

When all are on their game however.. Tom is the most valuable to the team in my opinion.

However Jakes upside is much higher than the Luke and Tom.. which is exactly the reason why a bidding war will open up for his services.. and the club can afford to play their hand early to fan the flame..
Thanks very much for the detailed reply mate. Appreciate your time and effort.

Outstanding work.. perhaps a position may open up alongside Dalrymple if you keep this type of administrative process on display.
Thanks mate, kudos to BRG93 who has compiled a list on the contracts thread, I just thought this layout was a bit more clear and easier to read.

Might wanna get Balic, and Crozier. Upgrade Roarke, take two draft selections and then trade Honeychurch as well as one of Crameri and Stringer.

Senior List

N/A
N/A
N/A

Category A Rookie
Brad Lynch (3rd year)
N/A

Category B Rookies
N/A
N/A
N/A

So 5 or 6 off the main list.

Jackson Trengove makes that 4-5 list spots

Upgrading Roarke Smith makes that 3-4 list spots.

If our picks are 9, 26, 39 + a pick for Jake Stringer then the 6 off the main list from above makes sense.

However if it is next year's draft then it would make sense to only offer either one of Honey or Crameri a 1 year contract. Again they will likely get better offers elsewhere and could leave due to these offers/for opportunities.

My guess is with the 6 coming off the main list if it is then there are likely going to be 4 main list spots. The options are:

1. We get an early pick this year as part of any deal for Stringer then the last pick we would have in the draft prior to the aforementioned rookie upgrade would be at least pick 39. We would be able to fix our ball use in the middle but there are no reaaly outstanding KPP early in this draft. We trade Crameri and Honey for points in next year's draft.

2. We think we are able to get a high pick in next year's draft for the trade and are able to do some super scrounging of a pick inside the top 50 with any trades concerning Honey and or Crameri. The last pick would be @50 and we could have a good crack at the top KPPs in the next draft.

Option two is much better than Option one if it is possible. Option one is a bit more probable though.

Wait. I was told in the media there was going to be carnage at VUWO, both players and staff.

You mean it was fake news? Well, I'll be hornswoggled. I just don't know who to believe now.

my word of the day - thanks DW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back