Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

off the Stringer Topic for a change, Harley Balic has requested a trade home after 2 years at Freo, a yes from me, not that he fits an obvious need but a good your player coming home for personal reasons

Wait. I was told in the media there was going to be carnage at VUWO, both players and staff.

You mean it was fake news? Well, I'll be hornswoggled. I just don't know who to believe now.
Believe me.

It appears jake is yet to fully accept the club decision and I agree with others that he would welcome a change of heart from the club.

What is going to be the catalyst for the club to change it stance on Jake? I sure they have seen a similar reaction (contrite, emotional) from Jake either with the news he is up for trade or during discussion likely held in the past 18 months, so today's performance is unlikely to be enough.

Will a player driven request for justification from the club help? a player of Jake's quality leaving has a considerable impact on the clubs and their future success. Would the club already communicated to the players a generalised reason? Does Bob and Boyd departing, leave the player leadership a little low on resources at the moment? who out the remaining club leaders is in town?
I would think with Easton Wood, Bont, Wallis, Roughead not to mention Morris we still have plenty of good leaders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From just today's news (ignoring other info) - from the outside looking in, you would say we are nuts to keep Cloke and lose Stringer...
No choice with Cloke, he has no trade value so we would have to pay him out.
At worst he can play for Footscray and help out there at best he hits some reasonable form in the Seniors

From just today's news (ignoring other info) - from the outside looking in, you would say we are nuts to keep Cloke and lose Stringer...
Cloke's guaranteed a contract next year and he's entitled to enforce it. We could negotiate a lesser amount for a buyout, but given Cloke's not getting paid that much, the buyout plus the costs of paying for a DFA or 5th round draft pick against the Salary Cap would be much more than just Cloke next year.

No choice with Cloke, he has no trade value so we would have to pay him out.
At worst he can play for Footscray and help out there at best he hits some reasonable form in the Seniors

Cloke's guaranteed a contract next year and he's entitled to enforce it. We could negotiate a lesser amount for a buyout, but given Cloke's not getting paid that much, the buyout plus the costs of paying for a DFA or 5th round draft pick against the Salary Cap would be much more than just Cloke next year.

Fair comments both, just looks strange in isolation and from the outside in.

I guess you have to back Bevo in and although its one of the riskiest moves in the business, you hope that the Doggies albeit are OK with the possibility of trading Jake, are treating this as a wake up call. The do hold all the cards remember as Jake is contracted. Jake did not seem disgruntled but seemed like a young boy looking for help and direction. He has been told that the club is prepared to trade him, but only on the clubs terms. I'm backing the club in and I think Jake will remain a bulldog for 2018 and beyond.

I do not like how his manager handles himself and I feel he is almost treating him like a peice of meat shopping him around, rather than trying to repair the relationship - I do believe that is is repairable.

It looked like everyone on that panel wanted Jake to move on for the story or the money. Everyone except Jake !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back