Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be a handy resource to some.
Senior List

Marcus Adams (contracted till 2020)
Shane Biggs (contracted till 2018)
Marcus Bontempelli (contracted till 2019)
Tom Boyd (contracted till 2021)
Tom Campbell (contracted till 2018)
Travis Cloke (contracted till 2018)
Kieran Collins (contracted till 2018)
Zaine Cordy (contracted till 2018)
Stewart Crameri (contract expiring)
Luke Dahlhaus (contracted til 2018)
Bailey Dale (contracted till 2019)
Caleb Daniel (contracted till 2019)
Tory Dickson (contracted till 2018)
Josh Dunkley (contracted till 2019)
Tim English (contracted till 2020)
Fergus Greene (contracted till 2018)
Mitch Honeychurch (contract expiring)
Lachie Hunter (contracted till 2019)
Jason Johannisen (contracted till 2022)
Lin Jong (contracted till 2018)
Tom Liberatore (contracted till 2018)
Patrick Lipinski (contracted till 2019)
Jack Macrae (contracted till 2018)
Toby McLean (contracted till 2019)
Dale Morris (contracted till 2018)
Liam Picken (contracted till 2019)
Jack Redpath (contracted till 2019)
Fletcher Roberts (contracted till 2019)
Jordan Roughead (contracted till 2018)
Clay Smith (contracted till 2018)
Jake Stringer (contracted till 2018)
Matthew Suckling (contracted till 2018)
Mitch Wallis (contracted till 2018)
Lukas Webb (contracted till 2019)
Bailey Williams (contracted till 2019)
Easton Wood (contracted till 2020)
Lewis Young (contracted till 2019)
N/A
N/A
N/A

Category A Rookie
Brad Lynch (3rd year)
Nathan Mullenger-McHugh (2nd year)
Roarke Smith (must be promoted or delisted before October 31)
N/A

Category B Rookies
N/A
N/A
N/A
List manager has some work to do in 2018

So 5 or 6 off the main list.

Jackson Trengove makes that 4-5 list spots

Upgrading Roarke Smith makes that 3-4 list spots.

If our picks are 9, 26, 39 + a pick for Jake Stringer then the 6 off the main list from above makes sense.

However if it is next year's draft then it would make sense to only offer either one of Honey or Crameri a 1 year contract. Again they will likely get better offers elsewhere and could leave due to these offers/for opportunities.

My guess is with the 6 coming off the main list if it is then there are likely going to be 4 main list spots. The options are:

1. We get an early pick this year as part of any deal for Stringer then the last pick we would have in the draft prior to the aforementioned rookie upgrade would be at least pick 39. We would be able to fix our ball use in the middle but there are no reaaly outstanding KPP early in this draft. We trade Crameri and Honey for points in next year's draft.

2. We think we are able to get a high pick in next year's draft for the trade and are able to do some super scrounging of a pick inside the top 50 with any trades concerning Honey and or Crameri. The last pick would be @50 and we could have a good crack at the top KPPs in the next draft.

Option two is much better than Option one if it is possible. Option one is a bit more probable though.
Lock in option 2 thanks Eddie.

Players in Melbourne based clubs should not be allowed to give preference to the club they want to play for in trade deals. It's a good chance stringer will choose Geelong and we will be shafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't help but feel that there is an element of possible depression with Stringer. It seems to have been an emotional year for him. The guy needs support from the club. It's short sighted of the dogs to trade him and for it to be done in such a public and unprofessional manner is somewhat embarrassing. This could be a sliding doors moment for the club. Kind of reminds me when Leeds United the reigning champions sold Eric Cantona to Man Utd. At the time Leeds fans were laughing. They haven't laughed since.

I can't help but feel that there is an element of possible depression with Stringer. It seems to have been an emotional year for him. The guy needs support from the club. It's short sighted of the dogs to trade him and for it to be done in such a public and unprofessional manner is somewhat embarrassing. This could be a sliding doors moment for the club. Kind of reminds me when Leeds United the reigning champions sold Eric Cantona to Man Utd. At the time Leeds fans were laughing. They haven't laughed since.

As a Leeds fan I strongly dislike remembering that moment in time where the club decided to ..... %*~?£~<

.... go to fourth division.

Stringers on field play and demeanour suggests he's a self confident and arrogant type. I think it's a bit of a cover, he's definitely a softer personality without a thick skin. I know the club seems to have already made up their mind but he needs the club as much as the club needs him.

As an Arsenal fan I know how it feels to lose our best players , it's almost become a numb feeling.

That's why I probably don't feel the loss of stringer compared to most of the fans on here.

Having said that , this season has shades of Leicester city. Players falling out with the manager , everybody getting big heads. Best players underperform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back