Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jarrad Grant - serious question, worth a rookie spot? Can Bevo do anything with him? Played some of his best footy alongside Hall, younger than Dickson, foil for Cloke. Plus we need to get him to 100 games to nab any future microphones.

Or maybe just sign him up at Footscray?

Edit: cancel that, just looked at his performances at GCS. Footscray it is.
Surely if Brisbane can talk Hodge out of retirement then.....

Crozier good get. Haynes :airplane:. With the amount we put into him 3 years ago, I’m slightly disappointed we’re not into him if he’s genuinely looking (and assuming we’re not).

Barrett been saying for a fortnight that Stringer is damaged goods and worth a second round pick at best

Today he writes an article comparing Stringer to Dustin Martin and stating that Stringer is a better credentialed player than Dusty and a prodigious footballing talent. Even suggests that Stringer could provide Geelong or Essendon a GF!

Either he is a great player and the Dogs should get compensated accordingly, or he's damaged goods and we should be bending over for whatever crumbs fall our way?

I have said it before, but Damien Barrett is a grub. Bevo should have bent those glasses around his pin shaped head at the last Brownlow when he found him in the toilets and done the rest of us a favour by finishing his football journalism career.

Rant over...
He was damaged goods when he called Geelong as the likely destination. When another source (Tom Browne) announces that he'll likely nominate Essendon, Stringer is a second Dusty the very next day.

Crozier good get. Haynes :airplane:. With the amount we put into him 3 years ago, I’m slightly disappointed we’re not into him if he’s genuinely looking (and assuming we’re not).
This is just me putting 2 and 2 and getting excited, but is Haynes our big fish? Stringer currency + pick 9 to get the job done? What would people think of that deal?

This is just me putting 2 and 2 and getting excited, but is Haynes our big fish? Stringer currency + pick 9 to get the job done? What would people think of that deal?

Handing GWS Stringer and pick 9 pretty much hands them the keys to the Premiership and a license to **** us up every time we play them for the next 8 years. Would be a stupid, stupid idea to trade Stringer to any club other than North Melbourne

Handing GWS Stringer and pick 9 pretty much hands them the keys to the Premiership and a license to **** us up every time we play them for the next 8 years. Would be a stupid, stupid idea to trade Stringer to any club other than North Melbourne

There are people in this world that are not that bright and you my friend are one of them.

What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it.

Firstly at no point did the post you responded to say anything at all about trading Stringer to GWS. What the post suggested was using the compensation we receive from trading Stringer (which will be to a Victorian club) and packaging that up with our current pick in the 2017 draft, which is number 9, and using that to trade with GWS for Haynes. So in case your pea sized brain still does not get it, that will mean giving GWS two quality DRAFT PICKS and in return the Bulldogs get Haynes.

Last edited:
Very happy with Crozier for a late pick, decent player. ****ing big yes to Haynes. Bloody jet, although the fact we've pretty much signed Trengove makes me think were not into him. How many defenders do we need?

What a fantastic player Cal Ward is, he is a skillful hard as nails ball magnet who kicks goals.

His form in the finals was rock solid, he stood up when the whips were cracking unlike his front runner team mates.

Surely, he is getting sick of the filth and stench of living in Western Sydney.

Surely he would rather live in the super salubrious Williamstown to be close to family and friends.

Surely he wants to play for a team that can actually win a Prelim!

The Dogs are cashed up now, money's not a problem, magnificent facilities, best coach in business etc etc etc...

Do it Cal, you've done your time, you gave them great service, you deserve better!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was damaged goods when he called Geelong as the likely destination. When another source (Tom Browne) announces that he'll likely nominate Essendon, Stringer is a second Dusty the very next day.

He's doing some ass covering for if Stringer gets traded for pick 11 to essendon instead of to Geelong for a second round pick because he has no value, like he initially touted as gospel.

Now he's completely hedged his bets and can claim he didn't get it wrong either way.

Happy to get Crozier, will slip in nicely to our "preferred" game style of contested football.
Will provide forward pressure but has the polish with ball in hand. Good goal sense too.

Haynes, wowwee that would be a get. I doubt it though guys.
Firstly he would be one of GWS most important players.
Secondly we are bringing in Trengove, would make that pick up redundant.

There are people in this world that are not that bright and you my friend are one of them.

What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it.

Firstly at no point did the post you responded to say anything at all about trading Stringer to GWS. What the post suggested was using the compensation we receive from trading Stringer (which will be to a Victorian club) and packaging that up with our current pick in the 2017 draft, which is number 9, and using that to trade with GWS for Haynes. So in case your pea sized brain still does not get it, that will mean giving GWS two quality DRAFT PICKS and in return the Bulldogs get Haynes.

I could take your having a go more seriously if you could come up with something more original than quoting a lame, 20+ year old line from a kid's movie.

As blizzard so eloquently puts it, I was querying the idea of pick 11 + pick 9 being traded for Haynes, assuming Jake heads to the bombers. Pretty much zero chance Jake goes to the plastics.

I doubt we’re getting Haynes and, TBH, I doubt he’s going anywhere. News on players like him doesn’t take this long to come out.

I’d be surprised if he goes to St Kilda.
Fair enough, you're probably right. But as a hypothetical trade, would it be around the right ballpark regarding price?

Happy to get Crozier, will slip in nicely to our "preferred" game style of contested football.
Will provide forward pressure but has the polish with ball in hand. Good goal sense too.

Haynes, wowwee that would be a get. I doubt it though guys.
Firstly he would be one of GWS most important players.
Secondly we are bringing in Trengove, would make that pick up redundant.

Reckon both Trengove and Haynes can co-exist - means we can rotate Adams and Cordy through the forward line, have a team of swingmen. Sounds very Bevo to me. Spot on about his importance to the orange scum, they would bleed us for him.

Not really trade related but heard from a good source last night that Stewy Dew will be the Gold Coast coach. Not sure if that affects any suns trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back