Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Bomber shopping Francis around do we get him involved in the Stringer trade or is it removing one bad egg replacing with another?

Reports indicate he makes Vez look like an endurance athlete... Would be risky...

Yeah when I said bad egg with him was more his preparation and effort than anything off field like Stringer

Honestly think that some people just don't have the ability to build a tank. Application can contribute, but think genetics plays a big part..

Didn't Cooney recently say that he thinks Stringer is worth a pick around the 20 mark? Dwayne Russell asked him this morning what he thinks he's worth before the Gilmore article and he said a top 10 pick. After the article he reckons 18-20 mark. Seems different to his previous opinion if my memory is correct.
I don't get it. Is Cooney now Stringers manager? Beginning to 5hit me a bit Coons.

Right, I'm going to say it. I'm nervous because the last few pages of this thread are against me but I'll do it anyway.

I like Impey. (ducks for cover)

I don't think he's that bad disposing of the ball, has pace and when I've watched him has had an impact up forward. I'd be confident he'd be good for the dogs - at the right price of course. He's average, but in a good way imo.

But if the wisdom of crowds is a thing then I'm wrong and a shit judge of talent. C'est la vie, wouldn't be the first time.
I actually think he's a good option also.

Apparently Slobbo saying 10 cats players have been told to find a new home

Can't be true.

Even if you include Motlop/Lang etc - who are they getting in ?

Stringer, Ablett, Smith and then what ? 7 kids in a weak draft ???

They would be ridiculously top heavy, any injuries and you are playing a bunch of 17/18 year olds....

Didn't Cooney recently say that he thinks Stringer is worth a pick around the 20 mark? Dwayne Russell asked him this morning what he thinks he's worth before the Gilmore article and he said a top 10 pick. After the article he reckons 18-20 mark. Seems different to his previous opinion if my memory is correct.
The more worrying thing for me is that people would voluntarily listen to Derwayne Russell and Cooney on the radio. Seems if you're an imbecilic loudmouth you're guaranteed some radio time.

Can't be true.

Even if you include Motlop/Lang etc - who are they getting in ?

Stringer, Ablett, Smith and then what ? 7 kids in a weak draft ???

They would be ridiculously top heavy, any injuries and you are playing a bunch of 17/18 year olds....

Easy to get rid of players but how do you accommodate other clubs to get the players you note in.

All three a quality so one could argue they all require solid deals to go.

Easy to get rid of players but how do you accommodate other clubs to get the players you note in.

All three a quality so one could argue they all require solid deals to go.

Easy to delist guys out of contracts, not so easy to force them on another club, particularly interstate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Bomber shopping Francis around do we get him involved in the Stringer trade or is it removing one bad egg replacing with another?
The fact that they're shopping him around is enough to turn me away. I would just about put a line through him realising his potential if his attitude towards training is as bad as it is. He slipped to pick 6 in his draft after being touted as a no. 1 pick around the time of the U18 Champs, ending the season pretty poorly after having an excellent Championships which is never a great sign for draft prospects. Wouldn't be surprised if clubs were warned off by his questionable fitness.

The fact that they're shopping him around is enough to turn me away. I would just about put a line through him realising his potential if his attitude towards training is as bad as it is. He slipped to pick 6 in his draft after being touted as a no. 1 pick around the time of the U18 Champs, ending the season pretty poorly after having an excellent Championships which is never a great sign for draft prospects. Wouldn't be surprised if clubs were warned off by his questionable fitness.
Seeing a trend here? Macrae and Bont came home late in their draft years to be top 6 picks

Or make them look at a Campbell like player? Straight swap... one can dream.

Cannot see anyone having interest in Campbell. Cannot run out a game after how long in the system ? Don't think he fits the modern game at all

Robbo and Lloyd join the Essendon media mafia saying Stringers value has significantly dropped

Someone tell me how Stringers value drops.
Does that mean you don't use a first rounder on a axe murderer but a fourth rounder is ok ?
Just can't get my head around the crap that these dills are going on about.
Remember Bev said " clubs need to respect Jakes ability" or he stays.
I am taking him at his word , and that means for me a low first rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back