Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it’s like a tin of soup KH. In perfect condition it’s worth $2.50.

Drop it on a shelf and dent the can and it’s worth 75c.

What flavour of soup are we talking about here?

Because some hold their value better regardless of dents

So from the sounds of it the first offer will be Stringer and 26 for 11. With that being first offer surely we settle on Stringer for 11 eventually, assuming McCartney keeps his nerve. Sad drop in value from what I first expected but at this point I'd take it.

So from the sounds of it the first offer will be Stringer and 26 for 11. With that being first offer surely we settle on Stringer for 11 eventually, assuming McCartney keeps his nerve. Sad drop in value from what I first expected but at this point I'd take it.
I hope we trade 26 quick smart on Monday.

Trade 26 for 2 later picks to on trade for Crozier and Impey if we see them in our plans? Throw in pick 39 to Essendon in the Stringer trade if there isn't anyone around the mark that Dal rates? Re-sign Crameri?

In: 9, 11, Trengove, Impey, Crozier
Out: Stringer, Boyd, Murphy, Hamilton, Honeychurch

No

Absolutely no need for us to panic. Plenty of time yet and Essendon and Geelong are absolutely desperate to get him to appease their supporters who are demanding results. Would be asking for eleven and some more, watch them up the ante when they realise we might end up keeping him.

Then it'll just be next yr's 2nd.

If EFC selected in for a frustrating couple of weeks.

Just have to do all deals separate to Stringer as no way will Dodoro offer anything decent until about two hrs before deadline. Deadset flog that he is.

Trade 26 for 2 later picks to on trade for Crozier and Impey if we see them in our plans? Throw in pick 39 to Essendon in the Stringer trade if there isn't anyone around the mark that Dal rates? Re-sign Crameri?

In: 9, 11, Trengove, Impey, Crozier
Out: Stringer, Boyd, Murphy, Hamilton, Honeychurch
I like something like that rather than handing 26 to Essendon. I was only half serious in suggesting getting rid of 26... but there is some merit to it in that it removes the temptation for Dodoro to hang out for 10 days trying to get that pick.

I like something like that rather than handing 26 to Essendon. I was only half serious in suggesting getting rid of 26... but there is some merit to it in that it removes the temptation for Dodoro to hang out for 10 days trying to get that pick.
The longer it goes the better for us. You never know which other players will become available ( Duncan, Lang, Lever, Gaff), so picks 26 and 39 will be invaluable. Let Dodo come up with something viable

The longer it goes the better for us. You never know which other players will become available ( Duncan, Lang, Lever, Gaff), so picks 26 and 39 will be invaluable. Let Dodo come up with something viable
Agree. I was being facetious, I should have used an emoticon I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Essendon want Stringer and don't want to offer pick 11 out right, then the onus should be on them to find a workable solution that doesn't require us rolling out the red carpet by us swaping/downgrading later picks. Perhaps they should look a little harder at a deal with another club to downgrade pick 11 to something they think is Stringer's worth, in the first round of course. If they want him, they can work their asse's off in the trade week trying to make something happen without wasting McCartney's time.

Sounds like McCartney will be a busy man.

Last edited:
I know it's sounds simple but pick 11 is roughly equal, only slightly higher than pick 17 and 53 in value points, of which Richmond have both picks.

I’m rubbing my magic lamp and when my genie pops up I’m asking for a real ruckman that isn’t Goldstein, Daw or Hickey.

Edited: immortalmike got wise and tried to give us Majak Daw.

Last edited:
We are not trading for points we want a very low pick and if we don't get it keep him.
Thats not what I said. Never mentioned us trading for points. Saying that's what Essendon shoud/could be doing if they think we will settle for say the last pick in the first round. Who knows what going to be happen.

Also wonder if trading players with Essendon is on the cards instead of picks. Heppel, Merret and Daniher and Hurley are going nowhere but I wonder if we are interested in anyone from them.

If Essendon want Stringer and don't want to offer pick 11 out right, then the onus should be on them to find a workable solution that doesn't require us rolling out the red carpet by us swaping/downgrading later picks. Perhaps they should look a little harder at a deal with another club to downgrade pick 11 to something they think is Stringer's worth, in the first round of course. If they want him, they can work their asse's off in the trade week trying to make something happen without wasting McCartney's time.

Sounds like McCartney will be a busy man.
No way should we be accepting an offer that dilutes pick 11 to something like pick 17. We are better off giving something extra on top of Stringer to get pick 11 than taking a lower pick in a straight swap. The pick we add (if we have to) shouldn't be 26 or 39, but maybe we will get a 4th rounder back from Freo or Port. Go for the premium pick even if we have to give something back.

I think pick 11 is fine and we should be demanding a straight swap.

The Imprey interest is concerning - Saad is much better in almost every aspect and wouldn't be too much more expensive (eg pick in the 20s). Go for the premium, better version player even if it costs a little extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back