Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right.

So we've given up picks 10 & 20ish & next year's first & next year's 3rd for pick 6 and Harmes. And we've knocked back Hawks pick 4 and future 1st for Baz.

And we can't land any assistant coaches.

And people are happy with our off season so far?

Just checking to make sure I'm on the same page.
Zero chance we got offered that for Baz.

monkey running GIF

1696929640542.gif

Yeah okay I’m on board with Billings too, if we look at our team which played late in the season and swap the following:

Billings for Poulter, Harmes for Baker, Watson for Scott, Coffield for Doc Etc

All of a sudden it’s looking pretty strong, these guys aren’t world beaters but they don’t need to be - they just need to play a role and they compliment our elite core. It also means the guys that have been pushed out are now depth and aren’t too bad as last picked etc it’s only when you bundle them altogether they get awfully sucky.

Good list management for where we’re at IMO

Cody Marra Lobb
West Naughty Watson

Billings Libba Treloar
English Bont Baz

Dale JOD JJ
Red Jones Coffield

Macrae, Daniel, Harms, Williams

That’s a bloody awesome side to be honest, then you look at the depth:

Scott, Baker, Poulter, VDM can come in and plug a gap, Cleary, Gallagher, Clarke, AJ coming through as young smalls. Darcy, Croft & Buss coming through as talls. Keath & Gardner as KPD depth, Buku as KPF depth (and can just rearrange the 3 talls if we have injuries.

Pushing out our bottom 6 to genuine depth by improving their spots with guys like Billings & Harmes has huge flow on effects to our depth and overall list.

That’s a premiership list with adequate coaching

Sam Power gave us 2 weeks worth of content in 2 days.

Now all the fun shit is done.

Shouldn't Caleb play wing?

His only role should be as a high half forward rolling up and playing as a fifth mid. That way he can use his kicking into the forward line without being responsible for an actual man at a stoppage.
Basically plays the qb roll out of stoppages out the back and can be a link player around the ground.
Should never be in the actual midfield unless we’re up by 10 goals. He is a defensive liability.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the good thing with what we’ve done is it seems like we have a plan. I think there’s been some slight overpaying, but no doubt we need hardness (Harmes), a lock down defender (Coffield) and elite talent with pick 4.

Coffield - Jones - Dale
JJ - JOD - Richards
Poulter - Liberatore - Smith
Macrae - Jamarah - West
Weightman - Naughton - Lobb / Darcy
English - Bontempelli - Treloar

Daniel - Williams - Scott - pick 4

That’s a hell of a lot more balanced than some of the sides we’ve put out..

Yeah okay I’m on board with Billings too, if we look at our team which played late in the season and swap the following:

Billings for Poulter, Harmes for Baker, Watson for Scott, Coffield for Doc Etc

All of a sudden it’s looking pretty strong, these guys aren’t world beaters but they don’t need to be - they just need to play a role and they compliment our elite core. It also means the guys that have been pushed out are now depth and aren’t too bad as last picked etc it’s only when you bundle them altogether they get awfully sucky.

Good list management for where we’re at IMO

Cody Marra Lobb
West Naughty Watson

Billings Libba Treloar
English Bont Baz

Dale JOD JJ
Red Jones Coffield

Macrae, Daniel, Harms, Williams

That’s a bloody awesome side to be honest, then you look at the depth:

Scott, Baker, Poulter, VDM can come in and plug a gap, Cleary, Gallagher, Clarke, AJ coming through as young smalls. Darcy, Croft & Buss coming through as talls. Keath & Gardner as KPD depth, Buku as KPF depth (and can just rearrange the 3 talls if we have injuries.

Pushing out our bottom 6 to genuine depth by improving their spots with guys like Billings & Harmes has huge flow on effects to our depth and overall list.
Fantastic

If North or Hawthorn take Curtin, then Watson or McKercher (or Duursma) will reach our pick. North would be mad to not take the best tall in it.
I don’t see them looking at position much at all, they’ll take best player.

Their young mids get a bit overrated as well I think. LDU clearly a gun, Simpkin is good but a B+ type not someone you change your recruiting strategy around, Wardlaw looks promising but still unproven especially injury-wise, Sheezel more a utility, jury out on Phillips and Powell. Lots of names but digging deeper it’s far from set and forget

Right.

So we've given up picks 10 & 20ish & next year's first & next year's 3rd for pick 6 and Harmes. And we've knocked back Hawks pick 4 and future 1st for Baz.

And we can't land any assistant coaches.

And people are happy with our off season so far?

Just checking to make sure I'm on the same page.
I’m fairly relaxed about it. . I look at it that we’ve turned 10 and 17 into 4 (prior to adjustments). Then used F1 on Croft which let’s just say is pick 10 again and around where he is ranked.
We’ve then used F3 on Harmes which is a pick towards the end of the draft and get to use him early whilst still retaining a F3. On top of that we have 2 extra current 3rds which will be used towards Croft so mean very little. If we use Sweet value on Coffield then a tidy period without being glamorous.
As for Smith, it’s all speculation whether he will or won’t re-sign. Can’t see him being a mid personally but 3-4 years ago I thought DeGoey was a hybrid forward like Stringer. He goes ok when in the middle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back