Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

We are ''rebuilding on the run'' or ''refreshing the list'' and are in a period of ''transition'' - These are words Bevo and co used several times last year - No club official will ever come out and say that we're ''not trying to contend for the flag'' but it was pretty clear after 2023 that we needed to change the list - the club does not want to go down the North/Hawks/WCE/(2000) Melbourne path of getting rid of everybody good and starting from the ground floor, the club has very clearly tried to do list moves to keep us competitive whilst refreshing the list with young players, we saw more games pumped into youth last year than we have since 2018/2019.

I agree with Bevo, with the way the draft is right now, you cannot rebuild quickly, I do prefer this method as opposed to being bottom 4 for a couple of years and STILL missing out on the best talent in the draft thanks to F/S and Academy.

Macrae and CD will forever be bullgods and no one is going to boo them for wanting to cash in at the tail end of their careers, they aren't running for a payday and burning bridges on the out like a certain prima donna.

Have faith in the choices we're doing, it's apart of a longer plan to have us contending for top 4 and playing deep into finals.

I'm still personally unsure if Bevo is the person to do that anymore, but lets see what the list looks like after draft week.

To much worry in here. Gotta think of the bigger and long term picture.

I dont rate sam power at all. Giving all these average footballers 3 year contracts from other clubs only to realise they are shit after 1 year.

What do you define as sh1t then?
Not making finals?
Not wining the flag? You do realise that we have a 1 in 18 chance every year right.

We have played in the finals in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2024. I reckon North fans would love that but we are really sh1t
The inconsistent mess the Bulldogs have been since 2017.

How is he not?

We have elite young talent with Darcy/Marra/Sanders/Freijah
Elite talent entering their prime Richards/Naughton/Flea
Elite talent in/ending their prime Bont/Treloar/Dale
I'm going to start calling you flip-flop.

When some on here were critical of the coach, your defence was that he had an average list with only 1 elite player (Bont).

From 2017 onwards it pretty much has been.
We won a prelim in 2021.
I saw 7 losing prelims in a row, so yeah I can find a positive since that time

We are ''rebuilding on the run'' or ''refreshing the list'' and are in a period of ''transition'' - These are words Bevo and co used several times last year - No club official will ever come out and say that we're ''not trying to contend for the flag'' but it was pretty clear after 2023 that we needed to change the list - the club does not want to go down the North/Hawks/WCE/(2000) Melbourne path of getting rid of everybody good and starting from the ground floor, the club has very clearly tried to do list moves to keep us competitive whilst refreshing the list with young players, we saw more games pumped into youth last year than we have since 2018/2019.

I agree with Bevo, with the way the draft is right now, you cannot rebuild quickly, I do prefer this method as opposed to being bottom 4 for a couple of years and STILL missing out on the best talent in the draft thanks to F/S and Academy.

Macrae and CD will forever be bullgods and no one is going to boo them for wanting to cash in at the tail end of their careers, they aren't running for a payday and burning bridges on the out like a certain prima donna.

Have faith in the choices we're doing, it's apart of a longer plan to have us contending for top 4 and playing deep into finals.

I'm still personally unsure if Bevo is the person to do that anymore, but lets see what the list looks like after draft week.

This is all fine - but how do you then reconcile this with chasing Harmes, Lobb, Jones, Kennedy, and apparently guys like Barrass this year?

So Giants have asked for Daniel’s pick 25 for O’Halloran. If we give them that, it’s time to fold the club.

Surely 35 would be the absolute most we give up.

We need to stop overreacting and overrating draft picks. 25 is a perfectly fine pick to trade for a player we expect will be best 22 for a few years. Pick 25s 50% of the time don't even make it to 50 games in their career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to a Carlton mate and he said B.Smith and M.Kennedy are opposites in many ways

BS is fast - MK is slow
BS cannot kick - MK is sound by foot
BS cares only about himself - MK cares about others

Said we are getting a good solid footballer who will be a great clubman. He said think Duryea

Nah.

Plenty of times I've wanted us to move on from the coach, but I have a say and move on.

I can't be bothered bitching and moaning about every move the club makes, it exhausting. When the season is done, hope is restored again. Every year.

To me, following the club and the game is an escape, it's not something which makes me miserable. If it was, I wouldn't bother with the club or the game. It is a game, a game. A game that should be give people joy. Ups and downs, yes, but joy.

Life is too short. So what will be will be today.
Might want to read through your post history if you think any of that is remotely true.

if you take out Marra, Darcy and Croft bidding years of draft
Our team structure would totally be different

I would rather live in a world that we have a three headed monsters on our list

Salary cap and new factilies will bring in the extra gap talent

Not being facetious here but the JUH being shopped around talk came and went pretty fast.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There is a lot of on behind the scenes with Juh

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back