Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not being facetious here but the JUH being shopped around talk came and went pretty fast.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Jammara is a player im lowkey scared will end up requesting a trade in a couple years ngl i feel he wants to be the MAIN man and wont like sharing the spotlight with Darcy

this is just a feel it might the stupidest feel ever seen but its just a vibe i get from him i just wonder if we look at it before it turns into a dunkley or worse smith situation

We need to stop overreacting and overrating draft picks. 25 is a perfectly fine pick to trade for a player we expect will be best 22 for a few years. Pick 25s 50% of the time don't even make it to 50 games in their career.
This! Yeah it'd be nice to upgrade our picks, but O'Halloran is contracted and GWS have lost heaps of players this year.

We moan and bitch about speed and toughness, then complain when we bring in XOH and Kennedy. I'm not too enthralled with either, but at least both add something to our 22, don't cost the earth, and are cheaper than the guys we're shedding.

Winning a trade is so overrated. If you identify a player who fills a need and bring him in, you've won. If you hold onto a guy you want to keep, you win. If you shed a guy who isn't playing a role going forward, you've won. The numbers don't end up meaning much, especially outside the first round.

Keep calm folks, don't stress the small stuff.

Is XOH someone we really need at that high a pick ?
I hope we don’t overpay just because of the romance of the family connection.

So does that mean Sydney have been shit since 2012?
Everyone has been shit at some stage over the last 10 seasons.

The Tiges at least 7 times, 3 times totally missing the finals and a wooden spoon this year.

7 other clubs have been shit 9 times min the last 10 seasons

10 clubs have just been total shit for 10 seasons.

It is what clubs aim for

Winning a trade is so overrated. If you identify a player who fills a need and bring him in, you've won. If you hold onto a guy you want to keep, you win. If you shed a guy who isn't playing a role going forward, you've won. The numbers don't end up meaning much, especially outside the first round.
Yeah, far too much analysis of list management decisions is done on a neutral, average context, for neutral, average teams.

For a team that needs to build enough talent on an overall list to win future flags, their value proposition is far different for a team (us, given our form to end last year) that should be challenging for next year's flag for round 1.

Carlton are trading up for pick 3 and shedding Kennedy for different reasons for the fact that we wouldn't value a top 10 pick this year and would value Kennedy, even though Kennedy's value and pick 3 is of identical value in the abstract, just of different value for each team.

The idea that we're identifying roles and filling them has served us well in list management over the last few years, going back to e.g. Bruce back then but also Bramble most recently.

Jammara is a player im lowkey scared will end up requesting a trade in a couple years ngl i feel he wants to be the MAIN man and wont like sharing the spotlight with Darcy

this is just a feel it might the stupidest feel ever seen but its just a vibe i get from him i just wonder if we look at it before it turns into a dunkley or worse smith situation
Wouldn't worry about JUH. He loves playing with Naughton.

Is XOH someone we really need at that high a pick ?
I hope we don’t overpay just because of the romance of the family connection.
If we assume that we have to have at least 1 player in the starting 22 with the sprinting ability of Vandermeer, and yet at the same time everyone criticises Vandermeer on this board, surely we would all assume that XOH is an upgrade on Vandermeer in a role that they'd be the only two players on the list capable of playing?

What can people tell me about XOH? Strengths/weaknesses, where does he play, who does he replace, ceiling, etc.

I have watched him play several times but he has never stood out on any level, which is part of why I feel hesitant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What can people tell me about XOH? Strengths/weaknesses, where does he play, who does he replace, ceiling, etc.

I have watched him play several times but he has never stood out on any level, which is part of why I feel hesitant.
seems like a burst type power player someone who is strong, got a big powerful kick watched a game against geelong where he kicked like 3 all from 50 on the run

not sure if he would be best as a mid or half forward or winger tbh

seems like a burst type power player someone who is strong, got a big powerful kick watched a game against geelong where he kicked like 3 all from 50 on the run

not sure if he would be best as a mid or half forward or winger tbh
If he's a genuine wing I'm happy with it.

If he's some kinda low volume pseudo fwd-mid like 70% of our list seems to be, eugh.

Anything positive? At all? Ever?

Criticism is fine, but apparently the club is just constantly s***

7nsixzg7f3x61.jpg

If he's a genuine wing I'm happy with it.

If he's some kinda low volume pseudo fwd-mid like 70% of our list seems to be, eugh.
He is the latter hence if we are giving up 25 for him it is a massive over pay,

Was drafted at 22 same draft as Smith so been around long enough and still not really established as anything yet

Who's gonna tell him?
Defensive to replace Vandermeer? Ground level skills to replace McNeil? Or neither, really?

Kennedy strikes me as a very similar player to West which I suspect is going to be an unpopular selection quandary next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back