Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not top 10

He didn't play until King's Birthday because of a preseason shoulder injury, so missed half the season. Don't think he had a great 2023 to be honest, definitely the worst of his years, and was probably lucky to keep his spot for the GF but had a solid game GF day
Ta - yes, still good enough to be picked every week until he was sub in the GF

A 4-way trade I wouldn't mind.

Dan Houston (Port) to the Dogs.
Jack Lukosius (Suns) to Port
John Noble (Pies) plus a draft Pick to Suns
Bailey Smith (Dogs) to the Pies (where he can hang out with his mate Nick Daicos)

Geelong left out in the cold.

Hah good facts for those on here who don’t rate Lipi. Where did he finish in 23?
He left because he couldn't get a game in our midfield. In what universe would he ever get a game before Bont, Macca, Libba, Dunkley and Smith? When Treloar came in the writing was on the wall. He was at the very least our 7th choice mid and he knew his future was in the VFL if he stayed.

I have no ill will towards him leaving but you can't think that him leaving is a bad mark on our list management. He might be decent at the Pies but he just wasn't good enough for our midfield in 2019-2021.

If it’s just 12 and 14 I agree but surely they get steak knives as well. You’d want a future 2nd or something as well.
You have to also take into consideration the depth of the draft. It might be better to take two kids in the top 15 or so rather than one in the top 5 if there apparently isn’t huge top talent but good depth in the first round.

You have to also take into consideration the depth of the draft. It might be better to take two kids in the top 15 or so rather than one in the top 5 if there apparently isn’t huge top talent but good depth in the first round.
Fair point, except that WCE are using one of 12/14 on Liam Baker😳

Admittedly, full details are yet to be released but does look like a shocker for the Eagles.

Fair to say their board isn't overly impressed. Good reading over there.

A 4-way trade I wouldn't mind.

Dan Houston (Port) to the Dogs.
Jack Lukosius (Suns) to Port
John Noble (Pies) plus a draft Pick to Suns
Bailey Smith (Dogs) to the Pies (where he can hang out with his mate Nick Daicos)

Geelong left out in the cold.
We were never really in the Houston race
We had a quick meeting and he already said no a while back

It's Blues or SA imo

He left because he couldn't get a game in our midfield. In what universe would he ever get a game before Bont, Macca, Libba, Dunkley and Smith? When Treloar came in the writing was on the wall. He was at the very least our 7th choice mid and he knew his future was in the VFL if he stayed.

I have no ill will towards him leaving but you can't think that him leaving is a bad mark on our list management. He might be decent at the Pies but he just wasn't good enough for our midfield in 2019-2021.
I know but some people seem to say he’s not that good generally when he is doing well in a side that won a flag eg whoever said he is a vfl player at the Pies
Edit oops soz I see that was you :)

All our competitors in the 8 and pushing ahead to gain better draft capital and also bring in talent from other clubs to improve their lists.

Can someone explain what our plan has been so far? Where is our improvement going to be coming from by sitting on our hands and pushing depth like Macrae out and losing Baz?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All our competitors in the 8 and pushing ahead to gain better draft capital and also bring in talent from other clubs to improve their lists.

Can someone explain what our plan has been so far? Where is our improvement going to be coming from by sitting on our hands and pushing depth like Macrae out and losing Baz?
Unless you want the club to settle on a shit deal for Baz, Daniel or Macca and expedite the picks we get, what exactly would you like us to do? We offered every bit of trade capital we had (F1 + F2) for pick 13 from the GC already. It appears it’s been well and truly gazumped.

Don’t just make shit negative woe is us posts. Suggest how we’d actually improve.

I'm in the minority, but if the net result of this offseason is losing Smith, Macrae and Daniel, taking 4 picks inside of 40 to a deep/even draft, improve our 2025 hand and free up $2mill of cap space, I'd be happy with where we are at.

Same applies to Baz, but he wanted it now and wasn’t prepared to wait his turn, then did his knee

Unless you want the club to settle on a shit deal for Baz, Daniel or Macca and expedite the picks we get, what exactly would you like us to do? We offered every bit of trade capital we had (F1 + F2) for pick 13 from the GC already. It appears it’s been well and truly gazumped.

Don’t just make shit negative woe is us posts. Suggest how we’d actually improve.
**** yes….fist pumping response….love it.

Expecting the response to be Sack Bevo for Gia or Cameron

Or why don’t we get Owies in the same breath that bags VDM and McNeil

Did anyone hear the Geel numpty talking to Derwayne yesterday and they started talking about possibly trading out SDK.

The numpty says to Derwayne, not a chance for anything less than two first rounders.

Is that just the go to for every supporter now when rating players of their own?

Here’s pick 17 (21) take it or leave it for Smith - wait, you want SDK…that will be two first rounders.

On marketability alone Smith is worth more….i can’t even tell SDK apart from about 4 other headband wearing blond Surfin look alike players….vanilla….he had a bit of difference when he channeled Jim Carrey in The Mask, but that’s about it

We need to remember that Smith, Macrae & Daniel didn’t contribute to our on field performance in 2024. Macrae & Daniel played a handful of decent performances between them and there’s no reason why guys like Sanders & Harmes can’t effectively play those half forward/mid rotations well in 2025.

Even though we aren’t necessarily improving our list via trade acquisitions, the club is banking on the internal improvement of our excellent youth (which there is a considerable amount) and hopefully bringing in another few top 30 rated kids.

We’re clearly balancing the future with the present given the priorities that Bevo took in 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back