Trade Discussion 2009 - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am only really considering 2 different trades this week and at the moment I'm not sure which one I'll do. The trades are:

1) Rich to Swan

2) Ziebell to SJ

Both Rich and Ziebell are close to peaking if they have not peaked already so it is approximately the right time to trade them to a premium.

Either of the above trades would leave me with either a little more or a little less than $100k in the bank and 12 trades remaining.

Swan has a low B/E so looks as though he'll go up a significant amount over the next few weeks, whereas SJ has a high B/E which is not impossible for him by any stretch of the imagination but I would think he will decrease slightly in price after this round.

Which option do people think is better?

current mids
- Swan
- Gibbs
- Kornes
- Hasleby
- Rich
- Coughlan
- Beams
- Anthony

i think it's time to do 180kBeams -> 86kMuston
eusa_think.gif

It was not a "correct call" not getting Raines, the guy got injured for six weeks, you got lucky. He was clearly a bargain and had he not got injured he would have risen in value a fair bit.

i reckon it was - i almost got sucked in by the hype - but i don't rate him

Id say that's a correct call.. massive injury last season, obviously makes him prone to knee injuries in that leg.. mind you if he wasn't picked because of the injury, then yeah id say that was luck.. dont know whether his last injury was related to his knee but either way.. guys that miss a season eg. lucas, coughlan, headland and the aforementioned raines are people i dont wanna be picking up no matter what the hype.
To be fair, he did have a solid pre season :thumbsu:
Unlike Grimes who got re-injured. In saying that I still brought in Grimes :eek:

Had a shocker in defence this week which meant i had to leave midfield and forwards to next week. Had Hodge, Raines & Dempsey, with Petrenko only named on EB and Gilbee supposedly doubtful.

Traded Hodge & Raines for P Burgoyne and Greenwood. Greenwood might only come back in for one week but he will get more games this year and after this week hopefully it won't be such a disaster zone in my defence.

This frees up some 126K so next week i will be looking to upgrade Collins, Rich, Rodan or Zeibell, Brown or Taylor walker...think i have to many upgrade choices..still have 15 trades though. Who would be best to look at next week? Might be time to look at Ballantyne as a downgrade target by next week since he was an emergency this week. Could upgrade a midfielder, downgrade a forward next week looking to upgrade a forward the week after?

Will defs do
TTuck -> Cross this week, however still undecided on the following options

1) Rich -> Cooney
a little unnecessary me thinks

2) Ziebell -> O'Keefe
Ziebell seems to have levelled off and might be my last chance to upgrade a cow to ROK

3) Higgins -> Didak/Brown + 40k/ROK + 50k
don't like getting rid of higgins too much, could be a very solid player in the later half

4) Krak -> Goodwin/Brennan (3k short of ROK)
Goodwin has scared me off and attracted me as the season has progressed with his fluctuating scores

5) Krak -> Medhurst
hear me out on this one, Medhurst should be back within the next fortnight-ish and would be at near bottomest price. krak will drop 15-20k this week and if i dont do this trade this week i may not be able to pick up medhurst as krak will keep dropping.
I've got a full squad playing and Mbrown for cover of higgins so meddy can ride the pine

6) Be content with 1 trade for the round and be conservative.

Any thoughts would be muchly appreciated :)
hate doing this, but anybody???
:)

hate doing this, but anybody???
:)

If no one else is here I'll do it, but bear in mind I finished about 3millionth last year and am currently sitting 3000 and something, so I'm no expert.

I see Rich as a potential keeper, so no on that front. You've kept Higgins this long, I'd give him another couple of weeks (easy for me to say, I don't have him!). Krak -> Medhurst is an unnecessary gamble imo. Krak -> Goodwin/Brennan gets you a forward gun for a guy who started at 189000. Sounds like a result.

As to which of Goodwin and Brennan, well they're both on my list as possible upgrades from Hentschel but I've got half the listed forwards on my list and I can't decide either.

OK sorry for the long post but i have a major dilemma

Overall i have decided i want to upgrade Hill rich and keeping krak and zeibell - And Unsure on higgins

Option 1
Do i this week downgrade raines and walker gaining 308.8k
THEN Next week
upgrade rich - swan/bartell
Hill - Fisher or below (mayb mackie)
therefore riding it out with higgins and if im lucky , 3weeks time upgrade higgins to okeefe/someone

OR
Option 2
do i go raines - broughten
higgins to okeefe leaving me with 161.5

then following week downgrade walker
and upgrade hill to mackie

following week
Rich - Bartell/Swan

Hey guys im looking at upfrading either Coughlan or T Johnstone to Swan.
Was thinking Def Johnstone before Couglan got dropped this week.

Can anybody shed some light as to their job security and which is more likely to be back scoring alright the earliest?

Cheers

lmaohelp said:
mite be doing 2 downgrades this week, raines and walker

and then 2 upgrades next week, which 2 would u think i should upgrade

rich, krak, hill, coughlan, higgins,zeibell?

or should i downgrade 1 upgrade 1 both weeks?
Depends on who your downgrade targets are. as next week your forward downgrade targets wil be very limited.
Having a quick look at your team I might suggest - Raines > Broughton and then Walker > Buddy.
Then next week downgrade a mid to Muston.

For me I need to get rid of Waite (only picked him up last week):( to ????

My backline is - Goddard , Lockyer , Chornes , Waite , Adcock , Geary & Grimes (Cheney & Broughton)

Was thinking maybe - Enright / Thornton or Drummond.

Thoughts.

Depends on who your downgrade targets are. as next week your forward downgrade targets wil be very limited.
Having a quick look at your team I might suggest - Raines > Broughton and then Walker > Buddy.
Then next week downgrade a mid to Muston.

For me I need to get rid of Waite (only picked him up last week):( to ????

My backline is - Goddard , Lockyer , Chornes , Waite , Adcock , Geary & Grimes (Cheney & Broughton)

Was thinking maybe - Enright / Thornton or Drummond.

Thoughts.

Mackie, Fisher would probably be higher on my list due to them being cheap pickups this week. I wouldnt get Drummond, its too late in the year to go with some of the injury risks and youve got Grimes already. Enright perhaps maybe even Thorton however my first two are above. Goodluck!

OK sorry for the long post

Overall i have decided i want to upgrade Hill rich and keeping krak and zeibell - And Unsure on higgins

Option 1
Do i this week downgrade raines and walker gaining 308.8k
THEN Next week
upgrade rich - swan/bartell
Hill - Fisher or below (mayb mackie)
therefore riding it out with higgins and if im lucky , 3weeks time upgrade higgins to okeefe/someone

OR
Option 2
do i go raines - broughten
higgins to okeefe leaving me with 161.5

then following week downgrade walker
and upgrade hill to mackie

following week
Rich - Bartell/Swan

This is the side
untitled4.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if i was in that situation i'd just sit, you're not getting any zero's so no harm done. just wait a week and see what happens with higgins and if raines comes back next week, because he can definently still rise in value if he gets a few games together.

i need some help myself

i need to trade either of cheney or petrenko to either of grima or greenwood?

which of those two north boys is going to play more? and who out of the other two will play more?

i need some help myself

i need to trade either of cheney or petrenko to either of grima or greenwood?

which of those two north boys is going to play more? and who out of the other two will play more?

same situation for me, except you can add broughton as a possible inclusion.. what do supporters of these teams think is the best long term option?? cheers

id go grima, heard good things, and has a better chance of keeping his spot, with my situation i cant sit and wait, becuase there isnt many downgrade targets for the backline and fwd line. so i need to dump raines

lmaohelp, i'd pobably go option 2.. higgins is a big liable at the moment with his injury and o'keefe will rise more in price over the next two weeks, if your looking at a money perspective. then getting rid of walker and hill next week it lokos like yuor team is perfectly set up for the year.

Opinions on these trades?

Raines>Grima/Broughton/Greenwood (who?)

Suban> Anyone under 356k, ie. Gilbee[worries about injury though], Enright, Birchall, Mackie, Fisher (who?)

Thoughts on who I should get?

raines to grima/ broughton
no one can predict the future, but broughton getting dropped the other week was very weird, and grima looks very impressive in the two games he has played. It would be really down to luck to choose the better option on the long run.

then go suban to fisher. no brainer that one

raines to grima/ broughton
no one can predict the future, but broughton getting dropped the other week was very weird, and grima looks very impressive in the two games he has played. It would be really down to luck to choose the better option on the long run.

then go suban to fisher. no brainer that one
Thanks very much, was struggling to get my head around this one. I thought I'd go for Broughton now with Hayden out, but couldn't decide who to get out of Enright and Fisher. Hopefully Fisher's form lifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back