Otten - Swan
Higgins - Goodwin

Then the next:
Couglhan - Muston
Hill - Chad

Then the next
Hase - Bartel

Heres hoping i dont get any injuries:rolleyes:

Would be surprised if you can get all these in in the next 3 weeks. Would need a great run with injuries.

True, Gram has already thrown a spanner in the works...and who knows with the rest of my team! Will have to pray though.

If I were to look for a FWD cheapie, what would you guys reccommend? Im tossing up between Austin and Wright, or maybe even getting Ballantyne and waiting till he comes in. Not sure about job security tho :(

This week:
Otten - Swan
Higgins - Goodwin

Then the next:
Couglhan - Muston
Hill - Chad

Then the next
Hase - Bartel

Heres hoping i dont get any injuries:rolleyes:

Do you have a better upgrade option than Hasleby? He's performing really well and there's no reason to not have him all year (barring injury)

I have said stuff it and I am going all out during the next few weeks.

Firstly.

Higgins > Gia
Walker > Rookie

Then the next week Ziebell to a premium (Rieoldt/SJ maybe)
Might have to get rid of Houlihan by then if he doesn't return.

Week after Robinson to a rookie and Harlett to a A or B.

Will leave me with about 6 trades for the rest of the year. High risk for high reward I say.

Have shortened my options down from yesterday when I had 4 trades i would've like to do this week.

Pearce --> Kornes will probably be one that I will just have to do, unless there are some worries about Kane's injury status.

Hill --> Mackie is a pretty much locked in trade, unless Joel Macdonald gets into my sight. Currently very cheap, could skyrocket in price and has plenty of scoring potential.
Will probably go the safer option with Mackie though.

Have shortened my options down from yesterday when I had 4 trades i would've like to do this week.

Pearce --> Kornes will probably be one that I will just have to do, unless there are some worries about Kane's injury status.

Hill --> Mackie is a pretty much locked in trade, unless Joel Macdonald gets into my sight. Currently very cheap, could skyrocket in price and has plenty of scoring potential.
Will probably go the safer option with Mackie though.

Looks good, and yes get Mackie over Macdonald...

i really dont like mackie this year. he is averaging under 80 after 9 rounds. much better options around his price imo. personally i went enright last week. but other players such as fisher, enright, birchall, burgoyne, gilbee are all much better options i would have thought.

i really dont like mackie this year. he is averaging under 80 after 9 rounds. much better options around his price imo. personally i went enright last week. but other players such as fisher, enright, birchall, burgoyne, gilbee are all much better options i would have thought.

It really depends on the role he's playing. If he's alowed to roam a little he usually kills it, however when he gets given a shutdown obviously he points suffer. He was killn it last week untill he was moved onto BJ to slow him up.

IMO not all of those guys you mentioned are better options but that's why we have our own opinnions and different teams. Mackies DT output was hurt bigtime early this year due to injuries to other cats.

Not liking Mackie at all either, I just can't see him increasing his output to a 90ppg avg for the rest of the season. IMO best options around the 330k-360k defender bracket are Enright, Gilbert, Gilbee and Fisher (my order of preference).

I'm looking to do Higgins > O'Keefe and Hill > Enright this week, but will postpone the Hill > Enright trade if Broughton (in for Suban) as the cash made will be crucial to future upgrades and also provides me with my bench scoring option in defence for the remainder of the season.

Hmm, if I have a big opponent in Eliminator I'm thinking:

Hill -> Muston
Ziebell -> Bartel/Gibbs/Swan/Judd

Thoughts? And since I'd be able to afford anyone for that second trade, who should I get?

Anyone able to help me out?

Anyone able to help me out?

Swan has got to be the best value for money pick, 3rd highest avg behind Ablett and Bartel (not counting Muston) but 50k cheaper.
Bartel has lots of cash to lose over the next 2 weeks with the 69 hanging around in his scores.
Ablett is also on the down for at least another week with.
Gibbs avgs slightly less than Swan but is an extra 15k, and even though its not much you ever know where 15k may come in handy for future upgrades.

My pick would definitely be Swan, but if you could hold out for 2 weeks then i'd say Bartel!!

was gunna get mackie and enright, as my final 2 back upgrades, however i think i'll wait it out and get hodge and xavier ellis once their prices bottom out

was gunna get mackie and enright, as my final 2 back upgrades, however i think i'll wait it out and get hodge and xavier ellis once their prices bottom out

Don't rule out Carrazzo!

Seems a lot of people have forgotten about him, will definitely be a quality pick up in the 2nd half of the season imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't rule out Carrazzo!

Seems a lot of people have forgotten about him, will definitely be a quality pick up in the 2nd half of the season imo.

Not so sure about Carrazzo this season to be honest.

His role has changed dramatically so I'd be very cautious about bringing him in to your team.

Swan has got to be the best value for money pick, 3rd highest avg behind Ablett and Bartel (not counting Muston) but 50k cheaper.
Bartel has lots of cash to lose over the next 2 weeks with the 69 hanging around in his scores.
Ablett is also on the down for at least another week with.
Gibbs avgs slightly less than Swan but is an extra 15k, and even though its not much you ever know where 15k may come in handy for future upgrades.

My pick would definitely be Swan, but if you could hold out for 2 weeks then i'd say Bartel!!

Thanks. I think it'll hinge on my Eliminator opponent and teams for this coming week. If I can I'll certainly hold off and aim for Bartel. Though now that he has 90 points hanging over his head, could be in risk of a suspension which would certainly throw a spanner in the works.

Carrazzo is the biggest ball magnet ever, he'd be like the best midfielder in the AFL if he could kick and handball.

Anyways I'm looking to upgrading Higgins and Rich

My mids are

Ablett, Corey, Selwood, Kornes, Rich, Coughlan

My forwards are

Pav, ROK, Higgins, Brown, Brown, Ziebell, Roughead :( (more goals doesn't equal more points for some reason)

I've 95k in the bank and will make another 145k out of a Collins to Muston trade next week depending on Collins' score. Do you think i should do

A. Higgins to Deledio this week, Rich to Cross/Thompson
B. Higgins to Gia this week, Rich to Swan

Opinions greatly appreciated!!

I need to offload Jarrad Waite this week.
Im looking at the following
-Lockyer
-Enright
-Mackie (coz he's cheap)
-Chad Cornes

which would be best?
already got all the good st kilda backmen.

My situation is i plan in usung 5 trades over the next 3 weeks. I have 11 trades left $18k and 3 players to upgrade. My thinking is this.

This week either:

Warren / Brown > Ballantyne
Krak > ROK

Or

Higgins > Franklin / Goodwin / Gia

If i go the first option this week, i know what some people may say.. well Warren still has cash to make, that may be true but i anticipate that Krak will go down as much as $20k after this week, while Warren will rise at most $12 - $15.

Means i can get ROK before he becomes too expensive, and if Higgins doesnt play he wont loose value and i trade him the week staright to Franklin / Goodwin / Gia, as there B/E's are quite high still.

Ballantyne is yet to play, he will be in a week or two, and i will have M.Brown as cover for the year, who although Warren is scoring slightly better may be a safer option to keep.

Then i plan on going:

Rich > Muston
Otten > Bartell.

Leaves me with 6 trades for injuries, and i have decided that at this point in time i am having Coughlan and Sidebottom as kepeers, being my 6th mid and 7th foward.

Baring injuries later on i may upgrade them.

What are peoples thoughts on getting rid of Warren even though hes going to rise a bit more, concidering Krak will drop quite a bit.

Seems logical to me??

Higgins--->Brennan, who I would have picked from the start had he not been injured. Gives me a good excuse to bring him in.
and
Haselby--->Cross or Rich--->Thompson/Bruce. Havent decided which to do, but will do the other the following week.

Who do you guys reckon I should trade higgins for?

ROK or Gia?

ROK...If Higgins is out, he will probably miss at least 3-4. In that time I would assume that Gia would score quite well but what happens when Higgins is back? He has been playing Gia's role from last yr and "stealing" his points, and is likely to return to that role when he returns to the Dogs side. ROK has nobody "stealing" his points because he is such an integral part of the teams midfield and forward link-up play.

What are peoples thoughts on Nathan Grima.
Im looking at trading Suban out for Grima, then trading Hill for Mackie/Enright.

Whats Grima's job security like? From the NM board, it seems Grima will be in the team after Hansen and Pratt return, is this likely?
Also, should i trade in Mackie + cash or spend all my money on Enright, who seems the better option? Was leaning towards Mackie until I read some of the comments about mackie in the past couple pages, now im not sure.

Getting Bartel and Ablett in the next 2 weeks for Rich and Hartlett. I know I should be waiting a bit, but gotta happen now.

Ablett ($495,600) BE: 170 likely price next week= $477,800
Bartel ($478,200) BE: 155 likely price next week= $464,600

I will be getting one this week and one next week. Hoping for an opinion on: Would you get Bartel or Ablett this week? Whoever I get will most definitely be my captain..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back