List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

But you had some so that's something I'll treasure for my remaining 3 weeks of life.

I hope this doesn't mean you're Dead To Rights.

After 100's of pages and 1000's of post's I must say I agree with most of what everyone has suggested, claimed, proved, denied, insinuated and proclaimed.
Even our visiting guest's from mainly Brissy and Nth.

And after all this I must say, with regards to this years draft.........(you know where this is going surely)

Definitely
Take
Reid

Note that the VFL deliberately delayed news on if a License was granted to allow the existing teams sign up the WA players they wanted first.

Lucky that those teams were pretty clueless about most WA players until into the 90s.

Wouldn’t the clueless WA players be aware that WAFL were in the process of putting a WA Team together and were waiting for approval to join the VFL ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn’t the clueless WA players be aware that WAFL were in the process of putting a WA Team together and were waiting for approval to join the VFL ..

The players (and WCE) weren't sure if/when the License would be awarded, and players getting an offer from Vic risked missing out altogether - so they waited & eventually took up the only offer available (due to the delay).

The VFL clubs were telling WA players that a new team wasn’t going to be approved and they needed to sign up to a Victorian club or maybe miss their chance

There’s was a lot going on and access to reliable information wasn’t readily available. Lots of cloak and dagger stuff and in the end it was only the very real threat of numerous clubs going bankrupt that forced their hand to approve the new licences (us and Brisbane) along with the money they paid to join

As much as I love the club as it now is, the WAFL should’ve held out for a better deal. Their bargaining position was stronger than they knew albeit they were being undermined by WAFL club’s threatening to go it alone and join

Port Adelaide did a similar thing not long after leading to the formation of the Crows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can confirm Harley Reid has nominated for the draft

Shaun The Sheep Olympics GIF by Aardman Animations

Its Happening Happy Birthday GIF by Teddy Too Big

Wouldn't mind grabbing Harvery Johnston (Vic Metro) with a late pick. His profile on the Rookie Me Central Draft Guide caught my eye & has him in the 40-60 range of the draft. Included his draft profile & highlights package below. Any thoughts on him WCE_phil?

Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 6.28.29 pm.png

Last edited:
Article today in the Herald Sun by Jon Ralph

“Senior North Melbourne football figures believe the chance to secure the No. 1 pick in the national draft is basically done and dusted.

Nothing would shock as a draft-night surprise, but having offered pick 2 plus a pair of picks 15, 17 and 18 and been knocked back, the Roos feel the Eagles want to take pick 1 to the draft.

That overriding feeling – the Eagles want the moon AND the stars for pick 1, and North Melbourne simply has too many list holes to give up four or five first-rounders for one player.

I would like to believe that this is true but i am not sure Jon Ralph can be trusted .
Wasn't he on the Harlley Reid doesn't want to go west team.
Wouldn't surprise me if north are pushing out this narrative deliberately to try and get west coast to move down in their valuation.

Wouldn't surprise me if north are pushing out this narrative deliberately to try and get west coast to move down in their valuation.
Was going to say, I wonder if this is cue for us to drop the 2 and 3 demand and ask for something more realistic, assuming of course that we're open to trading the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back