List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Reid and Ginbey on their first day together:

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

I'm sorry but physically Ginbey would destroy Reid atm. Reid will likely read the ball better and even beat him in marking contests or to the ball but if you're going to compare action star strength it would be more like Arnie vs Van Damme in a strength contest like that. IE, an absolute walkover.

I'm sorry but physically Ginbey would destroy Reid atm. Reid will likely read the ball better and even beat him in marking contests or to the ball but if you're going to compare action star strength it would be more like Arnie vs Van Damme in a strength contest like that. IE, an absolute walkover.
JCVD could bench press 166kgs, is a 3rd Dan and is almost the same size now (ie No roids) Its a Hard Target for Reid to achieve regardless 😁

So, since the end of the season we’ve had posters crapping their daks that we might trade pick 1 and that the agenda was being driven by the Vic media.

Just have to say that if you look at it another way, we had pick 1 and told the world we’d trade it for a godfather offer. At no stage did we ever take it off the table. We then sat back and watched the Vic teams scramble to make offers.

We batted away each and every one of them, and told them to call us when it was worthwhile, all likely with the intention of never trading the pick!

There’s been three clubs that have wasted time and resources chasing the unattainable, and we’ve watched laughing, while we complete our list of 55 draftable players.

They may even come back again, but only North really has the currency to make a head turning offer of 2 & 3 or 2/3 & F1, and after everything that has gone on with jumper numbers, interviews, etc. I really can’t see pick 1 going anywhere. Maybe if it was done during the trade windows, but not now, not when everything is indicating he wants to be here and we want him.

We have been in the media nearly every single day since the end of the season. Some may view the subject matter as a negative, but the exposure has kept us in the spotlight. I’d much prefer this to the focus Freo has on losing players every year.

Surely the club is that calculated. Playing mind games with other sides, the media and league HQ, showing we’re no pushovers and won’t cave to agendas. I know this is just opinion, but I’d prefer to believe this than that we’re weak and have been used by the AFL and Vic clubs/media to drive their agenda.

Aside from all of this, commercially, the club will know that having Reid in blue and gold will increase national exposure, build an even greater supporter base and most importantly, add bucks to the coffers. High draftee’s sell jumpers, superstars sell jumpers, the hope is Reid will bloom from one to the other. Won’t be too long before the Reid #9 is selling as well as or better than Nic’s, as there’ll be a heap of Vic kids idolising him due to the media saturation he’ll receive.

Just wait for the stories each week or so about him training, playing, etc. the AFL site will not be able to help itself, he’s a massive story. He’ll be the one on the protein ads, he’ll be the face of the rising star, he’ll be in banner ads for the AFL on websites, he’ll get us better match times (albeit they’ll undoubtedly scheduled for the Vic audience) and through all of this, he’ll be wearing wings. Maybe a clean version of Bailey Smith.

He adds more value to the club than solely on field, Cant say the same for really any other player in this draft.

So maybe, just maybe, the club knows how to play the game when the stakes are high.

Just a thought.
Pyke said in his Sen interview today that the club was intent on a bigger social/ media presence acknowledging that maybe previously we haven't been very transparent.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

So, since the end of the season we’ve had posters crapping their daks that we might trade pick 1 and that the agenda was being driven by the Vic media.

Just have to say that if you look at it another way, we had pick 1 and told the world we’d trade it for a godfather offer. At no stage did we ever take it off the table. We then sat back and watched the Vic teams scramble to make offers.

We batted away each and every one of them, and told them to call us when it was worthwhile, all likely with the intention of never trading the pick!

There’s been three clubs that have wasted time and resources chasing the unattainable, and we’ve watched laughing, while we complete our list of 55 draftable players.

They may even come back again, but only North really has the currency to make a head turning offer of 2 & 3 or 2/3 & F1, and after everything that has gone on with jumper numbers, interviews, etc. I really can’t see pick 1 going anywhere. Maybe if it was done during the trade windows, but not now, not when everything is indicating he wants to be here and we want him.

We have been in the media nearly every single day since the end of the season. Some may view the subject matter as a negative, but the exposure has kept us in the spotlight. I’d much prefer this to the focus Freo has on losing players every year.

Surely the club is that calculated. Playing mind games with other sides, the media and league HQ, showing we’re no pushovers and won’t cave to agendas. I know this is just opinion, but I’d prefer to believe this than that we’re weak and have been used by the AFL and Vic clubs/media to drive their agenda.

Aside from all of this, commercially, the club will know that having Reid in blue and gold will increase national exposure, build an even greater supporter base and most importantly, add bucks to the coffers. High draftee’s sell jumpers, superstars sell jumpers, the hope is Reid will bloom from one to the other. Won’t be too long before the Reid #9 is selling as well as or better than Nic’s, as there’ll be a heap of Vic kids idolising him due to the media saturation he’ll receive.

Just wait for the stories each week or so about him training, playing, etc. the AFL site will not be able to help itself, he’s a massive story. He’ll be the one on the protein ads, he’ll be the face of the rising star, he’ll be in banner ads for the AFL on websites, he’ll get us better match times (albeit they’ll undoubtedly scheduled for the Vic audience) and through all of this, he’ll be wearing wings. Maybe a clean version of Bailey Smith.

He adds more value to the club than solely on field, Cant say the same for really any other player in this draft.

So maybe, just maybe, the club knows how to play the game when the stakes are high.

Just a thought.
Whats the odds of 1x acl and a trade to Geelong for family reasons in 2 years?

I say thats bad coaching and leadership by senior players. Young guys who come in should be given the opportunity to play to their strengths while they are finding their feet, with senior players given the harder tasks and sacrificing parts of their game.

Case in point when we played the blues at Optus. Barrass ran around freely until Curnow got to 9 goals and then he tightened up.
I thought the last 2 years were good in that we could play Bazzo with a clear (& easier) role and also work on his 1 on 1 ability.

However years 3 & 4 it becomes a problem as you say. Big pre-season coming up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1853266

This unlikely scenario would reduce our list capacity and our ability to either use the final draft pick or take the SPP spot

I have to ask… why? We just took Flynn?

Love the big boofhead, but think it would be stupid to sign him at this stage.

it would be more like Arnie vs Van Damme in a strength contest like that. IE, an absolute walkover.

Surely Ginbey would misplace his hands on the bar though.

Phantom drafts starting to emerge

I don’t love this one though I see where he was headed in his thinking.

JCVD could bench press 166kgs, is a 3rd Dan and is almost the same size now (ie No roids) Its a Hard Target for Reid to achieve regardless 😁

He'd have Nowhere to Run.

Ginbey would destroy anyone in the league.

But I meant the culture at the club would get a boost from those two together.

Heard some talk that N.M could offer us 2,3 and FF for #1. We'd take that surely I think North would be a bit mad giving all that up.
If they offered that, surely we flip 3 to Melbourne for 6 and 11 rather than take Duursma.

Would need to give up 37, 58 & 81 to balance the picks out I imagine leaving 2, 6, 11 & 23

McKercher, Curtin, Hardeman & Hastie?

Draper and Smith next year?

Either way, no way Norf offers 2,3 & F1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back