List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I'm pretty happy for us to trade with our Future first if Curtin is still available.

Hopefully we get a similar result to this one:
2017 Gold Coast and West Coast Trade for Draft Picks
Gold Coast#50 (#52 - Crossley - 10 games) + #2018R1 (West Coast) (#22 - O'Halloran - 48 games)95 XG
West Coast#21 (Allen - 82 games) + #26 (Ryan - 89 games) + #37 (#38 - Petruccelle - 72 games) + #2018R2 (Gold Coast) (#25 - Rowbottom - 93 games)

Just had a Nth mate of mine text me saying when Curtin wants out of Nth in a few years time does that mean they get Harley?
Haven’t come up with anything witty to respond with yet.

Sounds like Nth supporters are thinking Curtin all of a sudden.

Nah, it just means we end up with both. Whether today or then. I actually think if Curtin goes east he’ll be fine and enjoy it, and same for Harley who will very likely love it here - perfect mix of big stage / two team town / attention (he doesn’t mind it) and also a bit more laid back way of living than in Melbourne

After yesterday episode of ‘Campside with Clarko’ it is fair to assume they are either conditioning their supporter group for a reach or they are trying to spook WCE into blinking and trading pick 1 so they they don’t miss out on Curtin.

It’d be bonkers to do the latter so I think he’s probably North bound.

Nah, it just means we end up with both. Whether today or then. I actually think if Curtin goes east he’ll be fine and enjoy it, and same for Harley who will very likely love it here - perfect mix of big stage / two team town / attention (he doesn’t mind it) and also a bit more laid back way of living than in Melbourne
Yeah I’m leaning to Nth passing on him probably reluctantly and going with Vic Boys reckon JHF is still very fresh in there memories.

From the HS.

I hope we get cooper TBH.

LATE MAIL: The Dockers have put late work into Dandenong Stingrays midfielder Cooper Simpson, who shapes as possible target at 34. Speedy Sturt small Loch Rawlinson, who blitzed the field with a 2.894 second 20m sprint at the SA state combine, is one to look out for late, given the obvious void, while the Dockers are one of the clubs linked to a live trade with Gold Coast. Homegrown key forward Odin Jones might appeal as a rookie.

Just had a Nth mate of mine text me saying when Curtin wants out of Nth in a few years time does that mean they get Harley?

Harley Bennel yes

Just listening to SEN and they said we better be sure Curtin is available at pick 7 or else we have just wasted a future 1st and it’s a gamble, I was under the impression we could live trade with gws while the draft was happening and at that exact pick knowing Curtin is there to take. Or am I wrong?
Yes we can live trade with GWS.. So not a gamble at all. We would only trade our F1 knowing we can get the exact player we want with the pick we bring in.

Chasing Curtin at pick 7 for our F1 seems like a silly move. Unless we are getting a fair bit back.

Wouldn't trade a top 2 pick for pick 7 straight up at anytime.
Better hope North (or Hawthorn) take Curtin.

GWS recruiter was thrilled with the idea of turning Hopper into a potential pick 1/2.
(Hopper = pick 7 from Richmond = Future 1st from us)
Jokes on them when Yeo returns to training tomorrow, and we make finals next year. 😃

He should be more worried that Duursma will request a trade to Essendon to play with his brother.

Ho hum, rinse and repeat North loose a good player, who wants out of their shit show, so then back off to Mama Kane for some more compo picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You lost me at Nth supporters are thinking.

George Costanza Flirt GIF

No doubt about it, trading out our F1 for Curtin is a huge risk. The easy decision is to say no, we'll get more for it next year. Noone will blame them for that. However, sometimes you have to target players and make a team.

Ginbey & Hewett last year. Reid and Curtin this year. Thats 4 targeted first rounders to come through together and build around.
Taking a single top pick each year doesn't always work. Look at the Demons or Carlton. Had #1 picks and top picks for years but never got anywhere. You need to try and create a team that works and gels together.
We will also have other options next year. Free agents to target with our war chest, our 2025 future picks, several high profile players coming out of contract and if we suck again we may even have have priority picks.

No doubt we could get more for our F1 next year but I do really want to see both Reid and Curtin in Eagles colours in 2024. Plus I've justified it nicely in my head lol

Are those that want us to trade a likely top 3 pick in a midfielder heavy draft genuinely excited to take Curtin instead, or are y'all just excited that the Eagles are "DOING SOMETHING" instead of taking our picks as they stand or trading back?

Are those that want us to trade a likely top 3 pick in a midfielder heavy draft genuinely excited to take Curtin instead, or are y'all just excited that the Eagles are "DOING SOMETHING" instead of taking our picks as they stand or trading back?
Me personally, it’s the doing something part I’m liking, but In saying that he’s pretty much a guaranteed 200 gamer if he stays fit and if it means we have a year head start with him I’m all for it.

We also desperately need a rebounding defender with a good kick that could setup play for us (ie Lewis Jetta)

And who knows we could do a 2011 and shoot up the ladder next year as unlikely as it sounds but weird shit happens in footy.. to me it’s worth the risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back