List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

You lost me at Nth supporters are thinking.

George Costanza Flirt GIF
It’s hard work I’ve actually got two pretty good mates that are Nth supporters, a docker, a mad crow and to top it off my best mate is a mad Collingwood fan.

Can be hard work during seasons like the last two.

Are those that want us to trade a likely top 3 pick in a midfielder heavy draft genuinely excited to take Curtin instead, or are y'all just excited that the Eagles are "DOING SOMETHING" instead of taking our picks as they stand or trading back?

Bit of both for me.
But also assuming the reporting has been wrong & we do nothing.

I'd be all for it if we get something back (surely we don't give up F1 for 7 straight up right?)

It sounds like some misdirection by us - bit like Hawthorn with Curtin.

Depends if we land more than pick 7 trading our F1st. We throw in a 2nd and get 6 and 11?

6. Curtin
11. Caddy

But Cats likely grab him at 8.

But yes. Maybe we are returning serve showing interest in players others are super keen on just to keep them 2nd guessing risks.

Bit of both for me.
But also assuming the reporting has been wrong & we do nothing.

I'd be all for it if we get something back (surely we don't give up F1 for 7 straight up right?)

This is also pretty much me.

If we get Curtin and it involves F1 plus a little bit extra going our way (eg an F2) I'd be fine with it. Would rather not a straight swap though given our likelihood of finishing in the bottom four in 2024.

However, I think Curtin will be gone by then, I actually do seriously think North will use pick 3 on him.

Are those that want us to trade a likely top 3 pick in a midfielder heavy draft genuinely excited to take Curtin instead, or are y'all just excited that the Eagles are "DOING SOMETHING" instead of taking our picks as they stand or trading back?

I'm genuinely excited yes. I won't be disappointed either way we go but I think people are underselling Curtin a bit and over emphasising the importance of players positions.

No doubt about it, trading out our F1 for Curtin is a huge risk. The easy decision is to say no, we'll get more for it next year. Noone will blame them for that. However, sometimes you have to target players and make a team.

Ginbey & Hewett last year. Reid and Curtin this year. Thats 4 targeted first rounders to come through together and build around.
Taking a single top pick each year doesn't always work. Look at the Demons or Carlton. Had #1 picks and top picks for years but never got anywhere. You need to try and create a team that works and gels together.
We will also have other options next year. Free agents to target with our war chest, our 2025 future picks, several high profile players coming out of contract and if we suck again we may even have have priority picks.

No doubt we could get more for our F1 next year but I do really want to see both Reid and Curtin in Eagles colours in 2024. Plus I've justified it nicely in my head lol
Well said. Good points.

Build a core group and then look to top up.

Both but I would've been happy with Curtin at 3 if we traded 1 for 2&3 so that limits the risk a bit in my eyes.
I think he will fit perfectly at the Eagles. We are missing a distributer in the backline. Plus he can defend, intercept and run through the middle.
I can understand people are hesitant because we have been so worried about our midfield for years but he is skilled, he can defend, he's a leader, has a low floor and we need talent all over the ground.
We've taken 3 first round midfielders in the last 2 years and get Reid with pick 1 this year, I think we can afford to take a Curtin.

Just had a Nth mate of mine text me saying when Curtin wants out of Nth in a few years time does that mean they get Harley?
Haven’t come up with anything witty to respond with yet.

Sounds like Nth supporters are thinking Curtin all of a sudden.

Need pictures for Roos supporters for them to really understand anything:

Harley moving to the Roos be like:

1700462127412.png

Curtain moving to the Eagles be like:

1700462066527.png

I very VERY rarely clock watch at work, however today I find myself doing so.

This whole Harley Reid count down - till draft day thing, has taken a toll on this old, decrepit mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I very VERY rarely clock watch at work, however today I find myself doing so.

This whole Harley Reid count down - till draft day thing, has taken a toll on this old, decrepit mind.

I explained to someone today that it was a ‘big deal’ and she asked who he (Reid) used to play for and I said his school and she said ‘oh so it’s just some boy who’s not even played AFL yet?’

Mildly humbling. 😅

Ben Waterworth

@bjwaterworth
·
5m

Nic Naitanui has just arrived at Marvel Stadium for the #AFLDraft. It’s expected the former superstar No.9 will be on hand to present the club’s No.1 draftee with his first West Coast jumper. Harley Reid last month said: “I’ll happily come West and wear number 9!”
@FOXFOOTY

Caddy being on the Eagles radar is an interesting plot twist, especially as it was previously suggested that Watson and Caddy are the 2 biggest flight risks in the top 10.

In an interview the other day Caddy said something to the effect that he couldn’t wait to get drafted no matter where it might take him. If our guys are seriously considering him then no doubt they’ve satisfied themselves regarding the risk.

I don’t mind Caddy at all. As others have said, talls take longer to develop and ideally we get some good young talls in now to give them time to come through with the good midfield prospects we’ve got. And it seems the talls this year are better than next year’s crop.

Caddy looks to be a very competitive bloke, and I don’t think his size will be a problem given his mobility. His ceiling might be as a Jack Riewoldt type.

Not sure how we’d get him, but happy to see what unfolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back