List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

There's actually alot of flexibility there and sliders

Curtin/Sanders/caddy/Watson/suillvan.

One of them will slide.

Pick 7 is on the cusp of if lucky Curtin may slide. He is after all 6 on power ranking. May be a hope and pray idgaf If we lose gamble.
No to Watson and can't imagine any scenario where Curtin slides that far.

Interesting to target pick 7 - you’d think that becomes pick 9 or so. Curtin gone, so too Sanders. Who would we want at that selection?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

download-9.jpg or download-12.jpg

Is this is clue ?

More like wishful thinking. ;)

download-11.jpg

No to Watson and can't imagine any scenario where Curtin slides that far.
North is the only club that are interested in Curtin right? And possible Hawks?

I wouldn't be surprised if they go Sanders mckercher
Hawks Dursma

That leaves Curtin wide open.

It's a gamble but the risk is not that big. Reaching for Curtin is a no go I think? That's the consensus in bigfooty. Curtin isn't worth a top 3

I’d be keen to get some currency on one or multiple players out the door and try and move 34 up to a position where 20 and what is now 34 could secure ZZ and collard.

Really interested to see where our pick 20 ends up/the player it lands.

Trying to work out what the Cats’ strategy is here. I.e what are they looking for?

From what I understand they don’t have any F/S coming through in this draft or the next (and as per any team other than northern academy teams, splitting for an academy player would be a bold and stupid move).

So it has to be a desire to get a few more mid range picks as they only hold 7 currently.

Esava leaving should net them something, albeit that may be futures.

In theory 20 + F2nd could be close, but strategically that doesn’t really stack up for Geelong. Maybe there is a taker for our F2nd (would Melb do something like 33 + Melb F2nd for WC F2nd? - even then 20 + 33 is unders for 7).

I do wonder if there may be a player or two leaving who net us mid/late picks that we can bundle to a Syd or Haw, then on trade with Geelong. Seems complicated compared to what others may offer (Melb for instance).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think they just want more picks, they must not love anyone in the 7ish range.

There's actually alot of flexibility there and sliders

Curtin/Sanders/caddy/Watson/suillvan.

One of them will slide.

Pick 7 is on the cusp of if lucky Curtin may slide. He is after all 6 on power ranking. May be a hope and pray idgaf If we lose gamble.

Although 2 of those are clear flight risks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t mind me, silly question.

If somehow we get pick 7, do we go Murphy or CurtAIn?

And if we go Murphy, would we still draft ZZ?

I guess what I am not sure is Robs overall strategy or players we are aiming for? What I am getting at, is this year we draft talls bar Reid.

Next year again assuming we have pick 1-3 will used on another midfielder.

I’d love that Cats first, but don’t see how we can compete with Norf for it unless we give up something ridiculous.

Pick 20, F2 and other junk picks won’t do it. We would need to split this years or next years first and I desperately don’t want us to do that.

I’d love that Cats first, but don’t see how we can compete with Norf for it unless we give up something ridiculous.

Pick 20, F2 and other junk picks won’t do it. We would need to split this years or next years first and I desperately don’t want us to do that.
To ease your mind a bit, I doubt we'll split next years first to get Pick 7.

North will need to pony up to bring in ZFischer and Dylan Stephens, prob cost them 2 of their three end of first rounders...

There’s no way we are splitting a first rounder for pick 7, Mackie even said they’d be looking at multiple seconds for it as a starting point, if we get outbid by north or someone else who over pays so be it I doubt the club would offer overs for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back