List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

1. He didn't say that in the Gettable interview. He was non- committal.

2. If he is any good, Tasmania will come for him, backed by the AFL, and with a larger cheque and longer contract than we can offer.

You're simply delusional if you don't think he's a bigger flight risk that the average player. It means we have to cough up someone with 70 to 80 games and start again. There are players next year, just as good, with less flight risk.

Next years top 10 is full of top mids.

Many alreadt as good as McKercher. Some potentially better.

We're pretty much to Brockman so he's coming.
Getting him will have no bearing on if we get Collard you'd think.

Collard is a good height so could probably play on a wing / hff and Brockman in the fwd pocket..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trade radio mentioning that Sam McClure on some podcast has said north don’t need to trade anything as the eagles won’t be taking Harley Reid pick one

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
How does this clown keep his job? Thinks he can pass off what he wants to happen as fact. He'd be better suited to working for Woman's Day.

The more I think about it and all the over the top stuff with Reid forcing GC to take Walters at pick 1 may not be the worse thing in the world, big deal Reid doesn't get 20k, just throw in a Hungry Jacks.

I’m seeing 4 elite mids at this point in 2024 and not 10

Is next years draft a better draft for mids? The top 10 is mainly mids and many better than this drafts offerings.

And if we are chasing talls its either this draft or 2025. 2024 is very thin on quality talls

2024 Logan. McDonald comes out of contract. We may be trading that 2024 1st rounder, if it was pick 1 we'd split it.

The more I think about it and all the over the top stuff with Reid forcing GC to take Walters at pick 1 may not be the worse thing in the world, big deal Reid doesn't get 20k, just throw in a Hungry Jacks.
I think we blackmail GC. We bid on Walter and make them match at 1, or they give us a favourable trade on some of our backend picks. We give them pick 43 and and 57, they give us pick 31 for example. That's a 46 point loss for them, but they save 500 odd points on us not using a pick 1 bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is next years draft a better draft for mids? The top 10 is mainly mids and many better than this drafts offerings.

And if we are chasing talls its either this draft or 2025. 2024 is very thin on quality talls

2024 Logan. McDonald comes out of contract. We may be trading that 2024 1st rounder, if it was pick 1 we'd split it.
If it's pick 1 i hope we walk him to the PSD. Would be a super agressive move and cause a lot of squealing around the league but would be the perfect option.

If we are so keen to strike a trade with the Hawks for Brockman, could that mean we are eyeing off someone else in the PSD?

I WILL lose my s**t if it gets to the PSD Draft and they announce that we are on the clock, to which we reply with "pass."

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Who are the other PSD options that are left unsigned at this stage that haven't been linked to other clubs?

Well then North Melbournes offer would likely appeal to them with their 2 1sts.

I don’t think we can get close to any top pick without trading our future 1st unfortunately.

Agree I cant see how we land another top 10 pick without splitting either this year or next years 1st.

If true Im interested in who we are looking at if we are chasing Geelongs 1st this year. My gut is saying we want a top 10:- 12 tall defender. Or we have blinked and really want Collard. Which would suck because we arent an AFL love child with unlimited academy access.

Agree I cant see how we land another top 10 pick without splitting either this year or next years 1st.

If true Im interested in who we are looking at if we are chasing Geelongs 1st this year. My gut is saying we want a top 10:- 12 tall defender. Or we have blinked and really want Collard. Which would suck because we arent an AFL love child with unlimited academy access.
Think we want a tall, chancing that Curtin will slide?

I said it earlier but you need to take risks and I would be swapping F1 with the cats for 8 this year

Before the compo picks, we had a chance to snare some good talent, Thurslop, ZZ, Windsor, ZZ, Hardeman but none of then will make it to 26*

So maybe we're changing strategies?

22 36 and F2 for pick 7 might get it done.

They get 2 picks in the second half of the draft this year as desired and 20 next yr.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone heard the radio interview? Speaks very much like he thinks he’s coming. Things may change between now and draft night but I’ve never been this confident that he’ll be in the #9 for us next year.
Our 3,4 and 9 are iconic jersey numbers the number 9 in particular be a fitting tribute to the next generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back