Mega Thread Trade & Draft Gossip Part 3 - Mutterings, utterings and just plain BS - all in here, please

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Giants haven't been altogether ruled out of trading into the mini-draft, with Anderson stressing that it was only Tuesday's proposed trade that had been knocked back.

I reckon it will still go through, it will just require more tinkering but obviously the clock is ticking now.

The deal should still get done just minus O'Meara.... :)

So they are saying

Adelaide:
Gain: Pick #24 + MDP #2
Lose: Jack Gunston + Pick #10

Hawthorn:
Gain: Jack Gunston + Jarred Boumann
Lose: Pick #24 + Rick Ladson

Fremantle:
Gain: Mitch Clark
Lose: 3rd Band Compo Pick + Pick #38

GWS:
Gain: Rick Ladson + Pick #38 + 3rd Band Compo Pick
Lose: MDP #2 + Boumann

Brisbane:
Gain: Pick #10
Lose: Mitch Clark

Thoughts?

the afl's logic to shut down that deal does not make sense to me. the intent behind the MDP's was to provide GWS currency to trade, which is exactly what the 'super' deal is doing - have we ever seen a deal like this go through so early in trade week?

what the afl have really done here is play the role of list manager for the gws.

the afl's logic to shut down that deal does not make sense to me. the intent behind the MDP's was to provide GWS currency to trade, which is exactly what the 'super' deal is doing - have we ever seen a deal like this go through so early in trade week?

what the afl have really done here is play the role of list manager for the gws.
You make a good point. In any kind of logical, responsible, professional body or organization, The AFL would in this scenario be seen to have a serious conflict of interest in adjudicating. But then the AFL has never really been professional or logical, so.... :eek:

You can't be the captain of one team and be the umpire's boss at the same time.

what the afl have really done here is play the role of list manager for the gws.[/quote]

Spot on here. Not happy about it either as I think it will cripple the rest of trade week.

I don't think the GWS plan is to have the mini draft pick traded back to them so they can take a 17yo O'Meara, rather, they are looking for clubs to commit to use a mini draft pick on another 17yo in order to secure O'Meara (as an 18yo) in the 2012 draft.

Just my take...

I think your take sounds very close to the mark.

While I like it Moose, there's just nothing in it for GWS now.

All parties would need to give a little more to the Giants for it to work.

All parties would have to give their commitment that they will not take O'Meara with a mini draft pick allowing GWS to take him with their first pick next year, assuming that they finish last in 2012.
Will that be enough incentive for GWS to continue to try and broker this deal with the other parties?

All parties would have to give their commitment that they will not take O'Meara with a mini draft pick allowing GWS to take him with their first pick next year, assuming that they finish last in 2012.
Will that be enough incentive for GWS to continue to try and broker this deal with the other parties?

And assuming all of Port, GC and Brissy win 5 games. Can't see them taking that risk.

Get the Gunston deal done today and then have time to re-evaluate what we have and go again:thumbsu:

How bout this then?

Adelaide:

Hawthorn:
Gain: Jack Gunston + Jared Boumann
Lose: Rick Ladson + Pick #24

Fremantle:
Lose: Pick #16

Brisbane:

GWS:
Gain: Rick Ladson + Pick #16
Lose: Jared Boumann + MDP #2

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bout this then?

Adelaide:

Hawthorn:
Gain: Jack Gunston + Jared Boumann
Lose: Rick Ladson + Pick #24

Fremantle:
Lose: Pick #16

Brisbane:

GWS:
Gain: Rick Ladson + Pick #16
Lose: Jared Boumann + MDP #2

Thoughts?

Wouldn't think GWS would be getting enough for their mini draft pick here. Also might be worth dealing seperately for Boumann. Although if we did offer a 3 year deal to Gillies, then I don't see why he would be necessary.

Can't we just throw Lachlan Veale in a few trades?

Surely what we need to do is include a top player from one of the teams e.g. Mitchell for us or Pavlich for Freo as examples. Then orchestrate a scenario where GWS have the player and the other team has the No.1 mini-draft pick. Then a straight swap occurs and the player (having been exchanged hands like the draft pick) comes back the original club . . .;)

Surely what we need to do is include a top player from one of the teams e.g. Mitchell for us or Pavlich for Freo as examples. Then orchestrate a scenario where GWS have the player and the other team has the No.1 mini-draft pick. Then a straight swap occurs and the player (having been exchanged hands like the draft pick) comes back the original club . . .;)

Players can't be ontraded as far as I know or a deal would already be done.

Just saw on Twitter that Port Adelaide are heavily chasing Renouf.

Not surprising, But what would we want for the big man?

Would a 2nd rounder get it done? Personally i dont think we will get much for him.

Twister was pick 21, is 21yo, has a huge tank and carried the ruck duties on his own last year.

If Rhode wants him, he can pay a premium just like we did with Burgers.

Twister was pick 21, is 21yo, has a huge tank and carried the ruck duties on his own last year.

:/

:\

You'd be a fantastic salesman :D

Probably a disclaimer about Hawthorn accepting no responsibility for his useless ruck skills, disposal problems or activities over the off-season should be included for liability purposes ;)

:/

:\

You'd be a fantastic salesman :D

Probably a disclaimer about Hawthorn accepting no responsibility for his useless ruck skills, disposal problems or activities over the off-season should be included for liability purposes ;)

After 2010, where he finished 10th in our best and fairest, I doubt we would be happy with a second rounder. I still think we can do better. We may work something out with the Cats and Port for Gillies.

Clinton Young and pick 24 for Gunston.

Lisle to Melbourne may be required to get both trades over the line, I suspect.

Gotta be worth at least as much as Gunston. Probably more based on exposed form, experience and potential.

bahahahahha.... completely off topic, but just listening to TWR and Plow just DESTROYED Hutchy.

Hutchy was talking about Brisbane having a strong core and having a chance at finals in the near future, and Plow strongly disagreed demanding that Hutchy list their young KPPs...

Hutchy: Well, they've got Luenberger...
Plow: No.....he's a ruckman
Hutchy: Well there's also Karnezis (sp?)
Plow: No.... not KPP he doesn't have the body
H: Yeah... not yet
P: No, not now, not ever
H: Well there's Rockliff, Redden an-
P: They're all midfielders, we're talking KPPs

God it was funny he got absolutely slammed...

*back on topic*

Just saw on Twitter that Port Adelaide are heavily chasing Renouf.

Not surprising, But what would we want for the big man?

Would a 2nd rounder get it done? Personally i dont think we will get much for him.

Twister has a contract for 2012 and Port have a weak ruck division. I'd be aiming high with that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back