My dream rookie draft

Essendon take Colledge
1st pick Glass-McCasker
2nd pick Tahana
3rd pick Shaw
4th pick Waterman

Wouldnt mind that outcome, here's mine:

Essendon take Colledge, I'm not keen on re-rookieing Tunbridge

1st pick Glass-McCasker (i've a strong inkling that Freo will take him) / Parsons / Tiziani
2nd pick Tahana
3rd pick Glen / Snadden
4th pick Waterman

Wouldnt mind that outcome, here's mine:

Essendon take Colledge, I'm not keen on re-rookieing Tunbridge

1st pick Glass-McCasker (i've a strong inkling that Freo will take him) / Parsons / Tiziani
2nd pick Tahana
3rd pick Glen / Snadden
4th pick Waterman
Yep, Parson is another one I'd like too.

I'm not really sold on any rucks left although as talls I think Mabor Chol and Nicholas Coughlan are worth investing in.
I see both as potential swingman types, Chol the more athletic and Coughlan more the McGovern type.

Yep, Parson is another one I'd like too.

I'm not really sold on any rucks left although as talls I think Mabor Chol and Nicholas Coughlan are worth investing in.
I see both as potential swingman types, Chol the more athletic and Coughlan more the McGovern type.
Yeah Coughlan could be ok, Knightmare mentioned that he was the highest ranked player on his phantom that hadnt been picked up.

Just an aside didn't greg clark spend time with the club earlier on in the year for his AIS placement? Just putting it out there if he impressed simpson or anyone else at all he's a very good chance of being our live rookie pick.

(I don't want us taking him)

I don't understand re-drafting Simon or Brandt at all. I know Simmo rates Simon but he's not going to make it! And Colledge isn't either!
I dont't understand it either mate. Colledge wanted to leave the club for more game time and certainly wont get it on the rookie list. Tunbridge just isnt good enough and a little injury prone.

Thomas Glen looks the best to me.

The biggest knock I could find on him is that he's skinny but I want to be in that Fyfe/Yeo lottery where you take a skinny kid who can play and hope that they become a beast. Certainly with a rookie pick, it feels like a good idea.

Currently listed as 187 and 72 but is meant to be a good kick and has nice endurance. Sadly he doesn't have the marking of Yeo or Fyfe.

2015+AFL+Draft+Combine+kHdmNgUcDool.jpg

Less than an hour to go.
I must have a sad life because I'm excited by the rookie draft ffs.

It'll be good once it's done - We'll know our complete list for next season then it's onto preseason training hype.

From " The West " its understood West Coast will only have one live pick in the rookie draft after committing to redraft de-listed duo Alec Waterman and Brant Colledge . The West Australian understands the Eagles will also use a fourth pick to re-select Simon Tunbridge as a rookie .

West Coast have spoken to WA duo Mason Shaw and Darcy Cameron about a rookie-list position but are likely to overlook the pair after taking South Australian tall Matthew Allen in Tuesday's national draft .

With our one live pick it could be anyone , hope its a KPP .
The West has not been close to who we drafted on Tuesday so this gives me hope.

There are some good names still available and how many years do we need to have Tunbridge on our list before we realise he aint gonna make it?

Matthew Allen is a tall forward - but not that tall. I thought the club were looking for some young depth who could relieve in the ruck!

I don't understand re-drafting Simon or Brandt at all. I know Simmo rates Simon but he's not going to make it! And Colledge isn't either!
We're redrafting colledge purely because he still has a contract for 2016.

Can't explain tunbridge other than he had a shit run with injuries last year and we felt sorry for him. Not much of a reason but it's all I've got

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an aside didn't greg clark spend time with the club earlier on in the year for his AIS placement? Just putting it out there if he impressed simpson or anyone else at all he's a very good chance of being our live rookie pick.

(I don't want us taking him)

Clark was placed at Freo .

WCE had Snadden ,Eades from AIS

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back