List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been proven wrong. I'm right, I know I'm right.

Again, Get over yourself.
So you say Gibbs was pushed out, get provided with an article describing how Gibbs asked for a trade, 2 years in a row, with Gibbs describing how hard it was to ask for said trade, which proves you wrong, but you still think you’re right. You’re like my 5 year old, won’t concede he’s wrong under any circumstances, despite clear evidence that he is.

Mr Pie above listed the various players we are linked to and others with a view on each.
Liked that idea.
  • Might be a nice excercise to do and revisit after the draft?
My insect says keep your first pick!

Tom Lynch: Yes. Makes us better but don't want to give up the farm; I'm a little tepid on him but still a yes from me. What we pay salary wise bothers me less than others but it should be fair even with a little mayo thrown in as required.

Steven May: Yes but at fair value only. If not wait a year.

Darcy Moore: sign him, he's a pivot. Offers so much if fit (yes that's the issue) if he must go send him to Carlton for pick 1 - make the deal with extras and reboot with Lukosious. If not just sign Darcy.

Gaff: We won't get him but be nice. Too fanciful an idea.

BJ Goddard: Too much of a flog, too much angst, fine player even now but just not worth the hassle.

Scott Thompson: Yes if he was easy to get as perfect Dunn type fill in. Suggest has about two years left.

D Beams: He'll stay at Brisbane. If he returned, we'd all forget the past, give him a hug and move on forward. Very good player.

McGovern, the lesser one: a no from me.

Dreaming: I'd really be strategic and look at Lukosious; be very very nice :)
Lynch is meh for me. Too high of a price to bolster our swoop squad that still has a lot of natural improvement in them. This was their first year....
Stephenson in a full season would be on track for 40+ goals. Mihocek ditto.

May, Yes yes yes please. We need defenders and preferably with leadership skills. He would seamlessly take over from Dunn/Goldsack for yrs to come.

Less is Moore.

Do we? I thought that rule had a delayed start.

My understanding was that the penalty for a club that doesn't meet the requirement of using two first round picks in the first 4 year window will be applied in 2019, but the first 4 year window still ends this year.

It would be logical to assume that the AFL will not allow club to willingly put itself in a position to not meet the requirement in the upcoming 2018 draft with three years of the first four year window (2015-2018) in the books now - I'm pretty sure that we are the only club in this position (aside from Geelong) for the 2018 draft.

As an aside if I recall correctly the previous "confusion" about pick trading came about thanks largely to the Hun not understanding how the restrictions would work for the initial 4 year window from 2015-2018 and subsequently reporting that Geelong was allowed to bypass the restrictions when trading for Tuohy in 2016, which from what I (again) understand was permitted because the AFL could not have prescriptively established that Geelong would not be able to bring in another first round pick by 2018 during that 2016 trade period.

Back on topic - unless I'm mistaken the only way we would be permitted to trade away our 2018 first round pick would be if we had previously already traded in another 2018 first round pick.

From the 2019 draft it will get much easier to apply the restrictions and avoid a situation such as what happened with Geelong, as the rolling 4 year window will be in effect and the AFL wont have to consider the potential for possible trades in future years.

I'm happy to be corrected on this - there is a frustrating lack of accessible official documentation from the AFL on this subject but everything I've seen over the past several years had led to the understanding I've outlined above.

Last edited:
Would May (for our first round pick and the second round compo pick we get for Fasolo to Carlton), Quaynor and Kelly be a good off season? I think the club would look to add one more player from either the state leagues or another club.
Marty Hore too?

I wonder if we're looking at someone like Ed Phillips

We're still a forward short too

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would be a dull world if we all had the same views GC I respect yours and am happy with my own.
No worries Jon. I was just interested where you heard Beams dumping on Bucks and Collingwood. I have only found stuff where he was pretty respectful so am interested in hearing what you heard.

I'm not wrong. My best mates brother is at Carlton and it's exactly what happened. Continue on with your pathetic "heroism" on this board though.
The personal cracks at other posters don't help your cause here. Apex36 seems totally correct. Gibbs was a contracted player at Carlton. As such couldn't be pushed out if he didn't want to. All the reports in the press at the time, both 2016 and 17 refer to the trade request being initiated by Gibbs. The player himself has confirmed that.

Your claims that SOS pushed him out don't have any evidence behind them and a mountain of reports to the contrary.

Last edited:
Lynch is meh for me. Too high of a price to bolster our swoop squad that still has a lot of natural improvement in them. This was their first year....
Stephenson in a full season would be on track for 40+ goals. Mihocek ditto.

May, Yes yes yes please. We need defenders and preferably with leadership skills. He would seamlessly take over from Dunn/Goldsack for yrs to come.

Less is Moore.
But if Lynch does come, I bet Adam Trolloar will be running with a #betterlist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've come to accept that theres a big chance we will not be getting Lynch.

The two MUSTS for me if we are going to legit contend for the flag next year are to: re-sign Moore and to pick up May.

Another thing I think we should be attempting to do is to upgrade our first rounder so that we will hopefully definitely have a live first round choice before picking up Quaynor and Kelly.

I would use this pick on best available.

I would also look for another mature KPF from draft or Free agency if possible.

Just on trading our first... with the first round looking likely to go to around pick 22, it seems a good chance that Quaynor will be bid before the end of the first round, giving us a first round pick even if we trade our own.

On FA compo, there is an interesting article here which with Fas being 26yo (I think?) it seems likely he'll get us a second round pick (assuming he goes) https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...free-agency-compensation-20180221-p4z16j.html
(it also says Wells is on under $500k base)

Just on trading our first... with the first round looking likely to go to around pick 22, it seems a good chance that Quaynor will be bid before the end of the first round, giving us a first round pick even if we trade our own.

On FA compo, there is an interesting article here which with Fas being 26yo (I think?) it seems likely he'll get us a second round pick (assuming he goes) https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...free-agency-compensation-20180221-p4z16j.html
(it also says Wells is on under $500k base)
I was expecting a third rounder for Fas. So a 2nd rounder ill definitely take.

Fas compo + 2019 first rounder for May surely is fair

As much as i would like to have a crack at Apex36 he is right

He wanted to go back to Adelaide as he and the Mrs were having issues after Charlie was born, Gibbs was out most weekends and she had no support down here, Gibbs lost it a little sending mates drunk text every weekend and just being an average father/husband.

Carlton pretty much told him to toughen up and grow up after the first trade request.

Gibbs wanted back to Adelaide so he had a baby sitter.

He wanted to go back to Adelaide as he and the Mrs were having issues after Charlie was born, Gibbs was out most weekends and she had no support down here, Gibbs lost it a little sending mates drunk text every weekend and just being an average father/husband.

Carlton pretty much told him to toughen up and grow up after the first trade request.

Ahhhh, BigFooty rumours and hearsay.

Ahhhh, BigFooty rumours and hearsay.

Ahhhhh my mail on most things is pretty good, any Carlton supporter who had any info from the club knew this, it wasn't something that was kept secret.

If you want to take on the big dog actually bring something too the table.

Mates of mine met him in Bali, half of them didn’t know who he was but spent 2 days on a drinking bender. He’s a loose unit, threw his credit card on the bar at every pub. Loves a punt too. So this doesn’t surprise me at all.

Don't go after any mids this off-season.

As i dont particularly think Lynch is what we need (too expensive for a bloke who has been broken for 2 years), persure McGovern and May, they fit our list perfectly and won't break the bank.

Next off-season go after Kelly hard as a Pendles replacement.

No need to reinvent the wheel. Keep it simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back