List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have very good info aparently going to keep micheck gunston is a far greater then 90 percent chance to be in black and white next year and keeping cox
Going with 1 big tall in the forward line and 2 very mobile medium talls surrounded by smalls that can crumb and also lead.

Also.aparently looking to bolster our midfield and our first rounder next year will be traded out

Have very good info aparently going to keep micheck gunston is a far greater then 90 percent chance to be in black and white next year and keeping cox
Going with 1 big tall in the forward line and 2 very mobile medium talls surrounded by smalls that can crumb and also lead.

Also.aparently looking to bolster our midfield and our first rounder next year will be traded out
How can you be far greater than 90? There's gonna be a 150% chance that we land Gunston? :hearteyes::hearteyes:

Nothing sums up Collingwood at trade week than Chevy chase in national lampoons vacation, rocking up to collect his sports car, and leaving with this:

View attachment 985914

I watched this again just last week. Holds up. And has the classic completely gratuitous boob shot that made so many 80s movies great. Well, that and the great writing. And acting.

Those wanting Gunston, he turns 29 tomorrow, but he just won their B&F and was 4th in the Coleman.

I reckon he's going to cost an absolute fortune...

What are we thinking his price is?

1st Rounder + More Picks or Players

If both WHE and Phillips are on the trade table, and their trade values are hampered by high salary contracts, maybe we can work something out with Gold Coast.

WHE + Phillips for Brodie + Sexton could be quite good for both parties.

Sexton kicked 19 goals this year (1.35 a goal) and was the 7th highest small forward in goal scoring. Genuine crumber too, which offers POD compared to Elliot/De Goey/Stephenson/WHE who are probably all better over head. Brodie slots straight into our midfield as that big-bodied defensive midfielder. Gold Coast also one of the few clubs that wouldn't mind paying a little more $$$ since they have plenty of cap room.

I don't think it's good business to use 1st rounders on blokes Gunstons age. He's an incredible player but probably only has a couple more seasons at his peak.

But Club think out Premiership Window is Wide Open and Gunston might be the Difference between a Flag or Not.

Though I don't 100% Agree with that

Recruiting older players is fine but if we are gonna recruit a backman in that age bracket it better be Robbie Tarrant.

Neville Jetta is quite possibly the worst footballer in the comp.

He is 'dashing' rebounding defender who this year averaged 6 disposals, 1 mark and 0.5 Rebound 50s
Nev has never been a dashing rebounder?

Not really keen on Jetta but imagine he’d cost next to nothing and if he releases Maynard or IQ onto the ball, then it starts to make a bit more sense. Sort of player you’d get to shutdown a Liam Ryan.

I‘ve always been strident that Moore’s best position is as a back man. But I also thought Darcy did a great job as second ruck early in his career.

Rendall’s comment also gave me cause me to relook at Darcy as a forward. I know they are only highlights and he had sporadic performances, but damn they are impressive.

Any chance we can clone him?

One key back, ruck and key forward.

Watched about 90 seconds of that and nearly every time Moore was able to get a pretty free run and jump at the ball. I may be wrong but as a forward he was a lot less effective when his run is blocked/body pressure applied. Its the reason I agree that back his his best position. He is able to run and attack the ball with a bit more freedom and is why he has excelled down back. Not to say he can't be a very good forward, but I think he'll always be a better defender. I too agree that his short stints in the ruck were impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Browne just reported, JDG with dad in tow has his meeting with all Pies heavy hitters tomorrow! Does he re-sign or is it good bye? Noise around Trelaor won't go away....god imagine we lost both...😱

The only way I see the acquisition of jetta being successful is if we use it as a way to free up another defender, possibly Maynard inside or IQ on the wing

Jetta is a great player but the need for small backs is questionable unless something like this happens. Or Crisp on a wing.

Age 31 though, FMD!

Tom Browne just reported, JDG with dad in tow has his meeting with all Pies heavy hitters tomorrow! Does he re-sign or is it good bye?

IF he wants to much money then he can go.

Though Tom Browne not the Most Reliable Source

IF he wants to much money then he can go.

Though Tom Browne not the Most Reliable Source
Yeah but no one will pay the money.My thoughts are now that we have delisted 5 they have found a few extra g's and he'll re-sign so we can hit trade period.

geez if Treloar was going....how he kept a straight face on national TV and emphatically declared he was going nowhere....

As for Jordy ...fingers crossed we find common ground tomorrow

Media is trying to make a Story out of Thin Air

geez if Treloar was going....how he kept a straight face on national TV and emphatically declared he was going nowhere....

As for Jordy ...fingers crossed we find common ground tomorrow

Bit like a bloke standing up at a B&F, making a speech then leaving

Actually don’t think AT wants to go - but hasn’t thought about it fully, and hasn’t had the club put their hand on his back

I dont hate the Jetta idea. As long as its no longer than 2 years, and on very low $$.

Doesn't necessarily improve us on his own, but gives us greater flexibility to move either Crisp to midfield or IQ to the wing, which i think improves us

If Bianco is good enough, he'll need to beat either Jetta or Noble for a spot.

My only question is why are we putting time into getting him across when we have much more pressing needs. Haven't heard anything of substance about our plan to improve our rubbish forward line in a while. If we miss both Brown and Cameron we'll pretty much be trotting out the same crap again next year.

If de goey stays that looks very spicy. Throw in hopefully a return to form for stevo, and Elliott back up forward IF we get that mid, and it looks really promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back