List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the JDG rumor turns out surely we turn the first round pick/s into pick 1&2 somehow. With the salary cap squeeze talk pies could pass on a big name player on money to get a big name kid on min salary.

xw3D8Fy.gif

Well we had enough money to chase Tom Lynch, then we acquired Beams and all the word now is how tight up our cap is.
Gonna take a stab and say Beamer ain't on 300k a year.

I'm leaning towards the theory that we're telling everyone how tight our cap is to try and sign Grundy and co. on less coin.

Well we had enough money to chase Tom Lynch, then we acquired Beams and all the word now is how tight up our cap is.
lynch's deal at richmond is heavily back-ended. apparently he only made 500k this year. richmond are fitting in all their veterans and once riewoldt rance cotchin take paycuts toward the end of their careers lynch will start getting more money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Beams is probably on more than $300k ( and possibly front loaded)

But he's also no where near Lynch type money, so this talk of having the tightest salary cap is highly doubtful.

Salary squeeze. Want away players. Pick 1&2 being awesome victorians. Hopefully the club doesn’t need to trade away our guns but the talk is there and last time I checked this was a trade chat right?

Do you honestly think De Goey is worth picks 1 & 2 and more importantly the AFL will let them trade them out this year?

Discuss away.

I think if Lynch has nominated us it might have impacted on deals for the likes of Moore and Langdon, not just Beams. Langdon nearly went to the Swans until we likely upped our offer after we didn't need to make room for Lynch.

I'm leaning towards the theory that we're telling everyone how tight our cap is to try and sign Grundy and co. on less coin.

Haha, interesting theory. I'm leaning toward that a lot of eyes in AFL house would be privy to the salary situations of clubs and that details have gotten out about ours. Too much smoke for it to just be innuendo IMO

Clarko had a coffee with Noah Anderson
Laird spotted @ Holden Centre with former manager
Charlie Dixon 'spotted touring HC'.
Crows review done. Sacked Burton and Camporeale. Coach announcement within a week.
Bulldogs chasing Zac Fisher.
Geelong targeting Jye Bolton.

Just a few rumours going around.
We should be back after Jye Bolton

I didn't expect any differently, we seem to do it every year. Other than the comment Ned Guy made at the Combine about trading into the first round, I don't think we've heard a single word.

Last 2 years we been like that but I though Pre That we hear at least bits and Pieces what we where trying to do.

That why I can't take what Media saying we are doing 100%

Yeah, Beamer took all that cash.

Interestingly, after trade week ends on Wednesday, you are still able to exchange picks for over a month thereafter in an extended portion of trade week. And of course on draft night as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back