• 6, 10, 11, 14

• 6, 10, 14, 18

• 6, 11, 14, 18

• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Twomey article basically says he has no idea, but we're trying to do a deal. Makes sense considering it's trade week

NEW BAKER PLANS IN MOTION

WEST Coast is spending the weekend looking at ways to deliver a trade for Liam Baker as it weighs another Hawthorn offer for Tom Barrass.

The Baker and Barrass deals became complicated on Friday when Hawthorn traded its pick 14 to Carlton for future first- and second-round selections.

The pick had been part of Hawthorn's initial offer to the Eagles for Barrass, with the selection then expected to be sent Richmond's way for Baker.

But despite the shock move changing plans, Baker's management and the Eagles are working on a revised deal between West Coast and Richmond to get the dual premiership Tiger to his club of choice.

It is also likely a separation of deals would be undertaken that doesn't rely on West Coast trading out Barrass before moving onto landing Baker.

Fremantle has offered Richmond its three first-round picks – 10, 11 and 18 – for Baker and teammate Shai Bolton and remains waiting for him if a trade can't be sealed at West Coast.

How the Eagles could turn their No.3 pick into multiple selections – AFL.com.au revealed on Friday Carlton's interest in moving up the draft board – could open the door for extra draft capital to on-trade for Baker.

Hawthorn's latest offer for Barrass – a future first- and second-round selection (the Eagles' choice whether they are tied to Hawthorn or Carlton) for Barrass and a future later pick – has been put to the Eagles. – Callum Twomey

Baker & 20 for 3 ya desperados 😜

How can't Matt Clarke see we are the better Option?

Carlton: 12 & 14 to WCE for 3. WCE 14 to RICH for Baker. Nett result WCE Baker + 12.

OR

RICH Baker + 10 to WCE for 3. Nett result WCE Baker + 10.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We aren’t getting pick 3
This theory needs to be thrown out the window let’s get pick 2 just guarantee Sam Lalor and Finn O’Sullivan

my eagles mates a ****en livid
Losing their mind over Matty Clarke
Yep they seem to be raging into oblivion if their club hands over anything more than a future second for baker.

Some are furiously outpouring word vomit over on the draft board with threats that if Richmond keep acting the way they are the eagles will offer even less.

Hilarious that we haven’t even rejected an eagles offer yet.

Their anger seems to be misdirected.

Same

I need FOS at punt rd….Lalor as well……must
I’m at the point of having a mid life crisis if we don’t get both

Imagine seeing FOS in a ****en Carlton jumper
Or
Lalor Dusty in a North one

North will finally have their Dusty and I’ll be in a stray jacket

Last edited:
I’m at the point of having a mid life crisis if we don’t get both

Imagine seeing FOS in a ****en Carlton jumper
Or
Lalor Dusty in a North one

North will finally have their Dusty and I’ll be in a stray jacket

Yeah I’m all chips in for Pick 2.

Lalor and O’Sullivan or O’Sullivan and Lalor is a must now.

im a camgirl
Obi Wan Hello GIF by Star Wars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think how I die is largely to be determined by me and other circumstances

My content is generally about life not death.

If I wrote about death it would be kinda counter productive do you not think?? Then again I am not sure how your logic, or lack of it, works...
I want to lick your face and live forever in the sky with diamonds

Last edited:
As it stands we currently have 31 players on our list including Baker Bolton & Rioli. Which gives us 7 senior spots available

We currently have 7 picks in the draft with 1, 20, 24, 51, 61, 70 & 76.

Once we get the deals done for Baker, Bolton & Rioli we will have at minimum 11 picks in the draft, hopefully something along the lines of 1, 3*, 6*, 10*, 11* 12*, 13*, 14*, 18*, 20, 24, 51, 61, 70 & 76

Just on the bold picks above. With reports that Carlton are going after pick 3 with 12 & 14, I can see a scenario where there are a few deals made between us, Carlton, Gold Coast, Fremantle & WCE where picks get shuffled around to so each club gets what they want that allows them to land their targeted players, while also putting them in position to try and land the kids they want in the draft.

So we would end up with a combination of 4 or 5 of those picks and that will allow us to fill the 7 list spots with kids and we could then elect to upgrade a couple of our rookies to open up some rookie spots so that we aren't locked in to keeping kids taken with picks 51+ for 2 years.

The above scenario also kind of explains why we did the trade we did for pick 20. Basically we didn't really need those picks as part of our draft strategy as we will have the necessary picks we need to address the spots available with top end talent and then look to elevate a couple of rookies that are deserving.

What’s with the asterisks? Prefer footnotes

Shai for 11&18
Baker & 11 for 3

Out baker and shai
In 3 & 18

Rioli for 6 & 23

Take
1 3 6 18 20 23 24 to the draft

Possibly trade 23&24 for a lower pick

Wce get a pick before Freo
Freo get shai
We get 3 super early picks

Win win win thanks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think 11&Baker is enough to get pick 3. Think we'd have to add something more. Likely addition would be throwing in 24 on top which makes the offer much better than Carlton's.

If we did that deal of Baker,11&24 for 3, then under your theory we would have 1,3,6,18,20,23 and wouldn't be surprised to see us use 23 to either trade back and accumulate future picks (like last year) or trade it to a team who's expected to be top 6 next year for a future 1st.

Yes, I work remotely and have had lots of major issues this week that will continue until Thursday.

Computer issues, back pain, migraines, the runs, (mainly listening to Cornes) blood pressure issues, it's all been going wrong. Pray for me and picks 1, 2 & 3
Dude just tell them you have covid

does it still exist ?

So it would have been 10 (that we don't have yet) + Baker for 3 that West Coast were suggesting, and we said nah. Interesting
I would say it would have been 6 being included for us to not even be considering it- similar to north saying they only want to slide back 4 picks max.
Only way we should consider 2 or 3 is if 6 isn't included

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back