• 6, 10, 11, 14

• 6, 10, 14, 18

• 6, 11, 14, 18

• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope 10 and 11 is our final offer and if we have to we'll keep him. farrk em

u want him you pay up. on our terms

hes contracted until next millenium

I really hope 10 and 11 is our final offer and if we have to we'll keep him. farrk em

u want him you pay up. on our terms

hes contracted until next millenium
The incentive to trade him is they probably don't have 10 & 11 in future.

10 & 18 isn't unobtainable in future.

I would take 10 + 11 + 18 for Bolton + Baker. And would also be happy to pay wages to Bolton, even $500k/year. If they wanted 24 back I would be open to that also.

Need to look to the future and pay the price now IMO.

Rioli will hopefully get done for 6 + 23, maybe with some wages paid again.

With the exit of Pickett, Grimes, Dusty, Bolton, Baker, Graham and Rioli we will have significant cap space available to pay Bolton + Rioli wages to hopefully entice better draft returns. There's no point chasing a free agent at the moment with our list in it's current position.

When people say we will happily pay wages of leaving players, how long is that for? Because these guys are on long term deals, we can't be paying them for years in case it locks us out of chasing someone down the track (Harley Reid anyone?)
Shouldn't be paying beyond 2026. Probably wouldn't pay at all tbh. Be able to trade picks for space soon.

From reading comments - I think we overestimate the value of paying a portion of any departing players salary.

From what I've seen this year. It's not really a factor.

Salary cap us increasing significantly in the coming years and I think longer term contracts can be attributed to this.

Reckon we can use our 95% cap to pay overs to the superstars that have stayed. Without it being public. Could add incentives into Broad, Nank, Vlastuin, Lynch, Taranto, Hopper, Balta, Prestia, Short and even McIntosh's contract to encourage financial incentive for better on field performance.

Prestia & Lynch could be - 100k bonus if he plays 20 games.

Vlastuin could be - 100k bonus if he finishes top 3 in B&F

Short could be - 100k if he wins Best & Fairest

Taranto could be 250k if he wins the Brownlow

Even for our youth, could give the motivation to someone like Gibcus

Gibcus 50k bonus to play 18 games.

The figures are all out of my ass, so don't get all worked up on them, but you know what I mean, we HAVE to pay 95% of our cap - I'd rather reward those that have stayed, use it as a means to drive performance, rather than give it to the opposition as a tool to relieve their salary cap space.

Just my two cents

(Log in to remove this ad.)

somebody take the paint cans away from melbourne fc ffs
Shemans sold their future with F1, would be silly to trade up now, they're going to need players over the next few years when they fall into the abyss......

Smart thing would be to take 5 & 9 to the draft.

Would LOL if Brisbane demand more for Sharp now :tearsofjoy:

I would take 10 + 11 + 18 for Bolton + Baker. And would also be happy to pay wages to Bolton, even $500k/year. If they wanted 24 back I would be open to that also.

Need to look to the future and pay the price now IMO.

Rioli will hopefully get done for 6 + 23, maybe with some wages paid again.

With the exit of Pickett, Grimes, Dusty, Bolton, Baker, Graham and Rioli we will have significant cap space available to pay Bolton + Rioli wages to hopefully entice better draft returns. There's no point chasing a free agent at the moment with our list in it's current position.
I wonder if any ground was made over the weekend with Fremantle trying to entice Baker to their club? The more they pressure Baker to defect to them the more pressure it puts on WCE to get a deal done in our favour.....

Blair just sitting back:

Cat Chilling GIF by MOODMAN

Shemans sold their future with F1, would be silly to trade up now, they're going to need players over the next few years when they fall into the abyss......

Smart thing would be to take 5 & 9 to the draft.

Would LOL if Brisbane demand more for Sharp now :tearsofjoy:
what if we offered them 51 and a f3 for Sharp

The Bombers are gaining 1747 points from their trade with the Dees. Does that still make out ~800 point differential seem excessive, or good market value?
Seems about right in comparison. So over paying is the norm. :confusedv1:

I want something good West Coast...

if thats what theyre giving for baker, then they think 10 and 11 is fair for bolton

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back