• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

"All of a sudden" 😆

pauly d GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

What about getting Jake stringer to help out lynch and Bauer

why??

draftees are better and suit our windows more

it just means he is a Lions off cut because Ashcrofts are better, Fletcher is better, Wilmot is better and you want us to visit no mans land??

You know why draftees are better, because when older Ashcroft drops, FOS keeps surging and coming and oiur window and premierships are soaring

besides Lions have plenty of academy players coming in, Sharp serves nect to no purpose apart from half pregnant no mans land visitation cards
Just because he isn't as good as Ashcroft, Fletcher or Wilmot doesn't mean he isn't a good player.
Brisbane are a hard team to break into considering they just won a flag.
Considering he is only 21 and is hungry for opportunity, I don't see why he wouldn't be a good option for us.
He can run all day and by all reports is the ultimate professional.

Sometimes it's not as simple as "oh he isn't getting games in the AFL, must mean he sucks".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I'm saying is list wise you're better off with a top 2 pick and a different $1m FA (a new best player). It's a stupid system. They really should get rid of 1st round compo.
Agreed, but you’re competing against several other clubs for that $1m player. Far easier to re-sign your best players

The reality is there is alot of pressure on Freo to get this done for Shai

Freo is in the window, now, and we are not

Lets look at worse case scenarios and Shai does not get traded, what happens

Richmond

Richmond is stuck with 1,6,14,20,23 and Shai Bolton stands out of football for a year, or dials it in and doesn't try,
Big deal, we are not winning the flag in 2025 anyway, we just trade him at the end of 2025, or he turns it around and plays good footy
We allready have a heap of draft picks, it would be annoying but, whatever, if he does not turn up in Melbourne, he would forfeit $1.25m a year, do you really reckon that is gunna happen, I don't. There is some risk, but most of the risk is on Freo

Fremantle

If they cannot bring Shai home, they are screwed, firstly they cannot win the flag without him, they can't even make the finals without him. It also screws them with Pickett and Warner, there is no way that these players will nominate Freo ahead of West Coast if they are coming home next tear. These players will not want to be left high and dry like Bolton, where Freo committed to them, like they did to Shai and would not pay the price, how embarrassing

The more I think about it the more I am positive we just need to hold firm, Wednesday afternoon they will do the deal 100% for 10,11 at least, probably more. If they do not they have screwed themselves and Longmuir will be odds on favourite to be sacked by midseason.

In Blair we trust
I don't think he could sit out for a year. Richmond would be in court if he left for a year and then walked to Freo for 2026.

I don't think he could sit out for a year. Richmond would be in court if he left for a year and then walked to Freo for 2026.
It would cost him $1.25 m

If he isn’t traded he is playing for Richmond and these families issues will be worked out no problemo .

Freo are gunna bend over and say thank you

Nothing surer

100%

Just because he isn't as good as Ashcroft, Fletcher or Wilmot doesn't mean he isn't a good player.
Brisbane are a hard team to break into considering they just won a flag.
Considering he is only 21 and is hungry for opportunity, I don't see why he wouldn't be a good option for us.
He can run all day and by all reports is the ultimate professional.

Sometimes it's not as simple as "oh he isn't getting games in the AFL, must mean he sucks".

yes but we are not here to go through the motions, we are here to win premierships and we have time on our side

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back