• 6, 10, 11, 14

• 6, 10, 14, 18

• 6, 11, 14, 18

• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle impressed Baker. So I think now that is an option.

I can’t really see how it works now for West Coast unless they get another pick for Baker. They may now get two first rounders for Pick 3 and give one to us.

I don’t know tbh. I had expected and I know Richmond expected Pick 14 was coming. It’s blown everyone away.
Sad Cry GIF by Piñata Farms

Jack Graham

Everyone has been saying that player managers have too much power. Hawthorn just demonstrated that clubs still call the shots when they need to.
In my opinion, Hawthorn have done nothing wrong here. WCE baulked at a deal for Barrass thinking they'd extract a bit more but Hawthorn were offered a free future second just to trade out of this draft that they don't need to invest in.

Hawthorn's list is young and strong. This draft is great, I'm not saying anything to the contrary but Hawthorn don't need it this year. They might next year.

Smart trading.

Player Managers hold the power. Make no mistake about this. They may not see the result of this, in this year, but eventually, it will cost them.

It’s a good deal for their future in getting two draft picks for one but it seems a draft to not move out of. It does provide them flexibility for next year in terms of trades etc.

But Barass is what they wanted. I can’t see what they do now for that to happen.

I know Player Managers involved are filthy.
Both eagles and hawks committ to players and do the dirty.

Player Managers hold the power. Make no mistake about this. They may not see the result of this, in this year, but eventually, it will cost them.
They do, I don't dispute that. Sometimes clubs need to get the pimp hand out and slap them down though.

They do, I don't dispute that. Sometimes clubs need to get the pimp hand out and slap them down though.

Just be prepared to receive some slapping at some stage. It probably won’t be pretty for Hawthorn ongoing. It’s a gutsy go that’s for sure!

People forgetting clubs will come to us for that pick 20 and offer us gold on draft night I think that's in their mind

10,11,18 gor Bolton and Baker to Freo

We will get about 50 calls about 20 on draft night, its a great spot to be in

Tbh pick 6 is a good deal for rioli.
As much as some like to think he’s the second coming he literally is a 27 yr old HB flanker.
And that blokes is right- he’s career eas on the rocks before the move back. Short memory some of you blokes.

Everyone has been saying that player managers have too much power. Hawthorn just demonstrated that clubs still call the shots when they need to.
In my opinion, Hawthorn have done nothing wrong here. WCE baulked at a deal for Barrass thinking they'd extract a bit more but Hawthorn were offered a free future second just to trade out of this draft that they don't need to invest in.

Hawthorn's list is young and strong. This draft is great, I'm not saying anything to the contrary but Hawthorn don't need it this year. They might next year.

Smart trading.

What they’ve done is hit up Barrass all year, convince him to move, gets his player manager to facilitate the deal and agree it’s possible and then chucked that all in the bin at the last minute.

I agree it’s ruthless, and they got a better deal today. But they have to make the Barrass deal work or they’ve reneged. It’s not a good look.

We all hate player managers but you’re dreaming if you think they can be removed from the process and like anyone they’re very protective of their power.

They will **** over hawthorn in future to remind people of their power. Rich Paul does this kind of shit all the time in the nba.

In some ways carlton has done good business - if they make top 4 next year. They pick up 2 really good players and the compo twins. And trade out into a (currently) weaker draft

Hawks have screwed up their chase for Barass unless they make some unexpected deal.

And WCE are in nowhere land. Unless they trade out 3.

Just made all this more interesting.

Pick 20 could be useful to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh pick 6 is a good deal for rioli.
As much as some like to think he’s the second coming he literally is a 27 yr old HB flanker.
And that blokes is right- he’s career eas on the rocks before the move back. Short memory some of you blokes.
I don't think anyone thinks 6 isn't a good deal. But we have leverage in this scenario.
Just because it's annoying for us to wait now doesn't mean we should just fold and give up on our leverage.
This trade and draft period is huge for this club. Let them cook and maximise what we get.

What they’ve done is hit up Barrass all year, convince him to move, gets his player manager to facilitate the deal and agree it’s possible and then chucked that all in the bin at the last minute.

I agree it’s ruthless, and they got a better deal today. But they have to make the Barrass deal work or they’ve reneged. It’s not a good look.

We all hate player managers but you’re dreaming if you think they can be removed from the process and like anyone they’re very protective of their power.

They will **** over hawthorn in future to remind people of their power. Rich Paul does this kind of shit all the time in the nba.
I never said anything about player managers being removed from the process.
I'm confident in saying Barrass still ends up Hawthorn.

Does anyone actually understand why Hawthorn traded pick 14?

They could’ve just done nothing. Unless they believe Carlton will massively flop they are idiots. Pick 12-18 in next years draft will be like pick 21-30 in this years draft.
Hawthorn don't have a list that is in need for more youth currently. Yes this draft is better than next year's draft but Hawthorn's list is in great shape and can feel comfortable moving into next year.

Good point.
Isnt pick 14 in this draft better than Carltons 1st next year though....
Yes it is to a club that needs to hit the draft this year. Hawthorn isn't in that position though.

**** I am tired after wading through the pages of shittery in this thread, putrid at best and a special **** you to _RT_ and tiger_tough

Right WC will split pick 3 now and this wasnt a blind side by The Hawks.

we gave up pick 32 and garbage for pick 20 - shut up ya sooks, points dont matter unless you need em FFS

Baker will not be a heave Ho!

Rioli deal is done in principal but some other moves from GC need to be done to finalise this

Also EAD tigs2010

Sucked in Egirls. Now going to have to give up pick 3 for Baker
This is interesting, because say we do get 18 from Freo, you could do 3 for Baker and 18. I wouldn't want to include any of the other earlier first round picks in the trade but another option could be 3 and 26 for Baker and 11 if we get it from Freo. We should have enough picks to be flexible to get adequate value for Baker whilst also having West Coast get something decent back so they can agree to give up 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back