• 6, 10, 11, 14

• 6, 10, 14, 18

• 6, 11, 14, 18

• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. Unless Bozo Hartley gets relieved of his duties. I'm waiting to hear we've traded this year's pick 1 for Brisbane's future 1st and 2nd round picks. He should've had 5 first round KO's this trade period. Instead we've been KO'd twice already and the other 3 battles we're looking woozy and ready to topple over.

Nah. Those of us living in the real world know what was remotely viable. Whilst others kept saying for weeks … we get 6 and 23 for Rioli, 10 and 11 plus more for Bolton, 25 for Graham, 14 for Baker, and give up a few picks in the 90’s to get pick-20 from Lions…..

And then they screamed … “they are contracted so we can get whatever we want and the clubs will give us the world and kiss our shoes on their way out the door” …

Meanwhile, in the real world clubs are willing to trade only what makes sense for their own club and if we don’t like it and our demands are too high, deals won’t get done.

Who would’ve thunk it.

We are going to get something in the vicinity of 6, 10, 11 and 18 for Bolton, Rioli and Baker, which is an amazing haul in a super draft for 3 x players who have 1 x AA between them in about 20-years of footy…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Trading Day muppets saying pick-17 is about the ‘right pick’ for Bailey Smith. It’s not even close to being enough.

FMD. Eagles rejecting pick-14 for 29yo Barass. We are rejecting 10 and 18 for Bolton, and pick-6 for Rioli. Port rejecting pick-13 and Richards for Houston.

But hey … pick-17 is about right for 23yo Bailey Smith who was a pick-6 and has more than justified that lofty selection and will immediately be Geelong’s best midfielder.

Why is the media so scared of ever being critical of anything relating to Geelong …??

It’s just weird.

It’s not weird at all. AFL have gone balls in to make the handbaggers viable. If they didn’t get all of these concessions they’d fail and the AFL would have egg on its face

Ok, so you’re saying Blair gave more than what was needed because he made a mistake. Is that your contention?

lol

People need to realise we didn’t have to trade for pick 20. It was a choice thus we paid exactly what it was worth to us.

No over a barrel
No players involved
No psd threat
No contracts

Just a simple trade that we saw as good value based on the players we see available at this stage of the draft.

Trading Day muppets saying pick-17 is about the ‘right pick’ for Bailey Smith. It’s not even close to being enough.

FMD. Eagles rejecting pick-14 for 29yo Barass. We are rejecting 10 and 18 for Bolton, and pick-6 for Rioli. Port rejecting pick-13 and Richards for Houston.

But hey … pick-17 is about right for 23yo Bailey Smith who was a pick-6 and has more than justified that lofty selection and will immediately be Geelong’s best midfielder.

Why is the media so scared of ever being critical of anything relating to Geelong …??

It’s just weird.

no recency bias to work with

they want sam walsh’s cousin, whatshisname O’Sullivan
Intersting call by the Blues if they do that
They could use one of those picks on Houston and the other in the draft on for example on Travaglia or Lindsay.
Going all out for O’Sullivan is a big call, considering they are in the premiership window and Houston is a player that’ll have an immediate impact

Intersting call by the Blues if they do that
They could use one of those picks on Houston and the other on for example on Travaglia or Lindsay.
Going all out for O’Sullivan is a big call, considering they are in the premiership window and Houston is a player that’ll have an immediate impact

FOS will make an immediate impact but will be around for the next 15 years and maybe captain that side too in years to come.

I see sense in what they are doing. This is the draft to strike hot in.

I hope we get the picks we should from it.

Feel like giving up 3 picks - 42,43,44 - to upgrade from 32 to 20 is a lot. I know people might say we likely wont even use the pics, but they were useful to add into the trads to get better picks back. Feel like keeping 43 would have been better & likely enough

FOS will make an immediate impact but will be around for the next 15 years and maybe captain that side too in years to come.

I see sense in what they are doing. This is the draft to strike hot in.

I hope we get the picks we should from it.
If that’s the case they have a very high opinion of O’Sullivan. Honestly Houston could be huge for them and they get a very good player in a even draft
And they are assuming FOS gets through to them at p3.

When I saw the notification for you having quoted one of my posts I just knew this was coming.
I'm sorry prodigy, it's one of the receipts I'll always hang onto. Don't think it's worth calling ppl who have a different opinion than you, dumbasses though.

I'm personally in the camp where I think we well and truly got screwed over.

I'm sorry prodigy, it's one of the receipts I'll always hang onto. Don't think it's worth calling ppl who have a different opinion than you, dumbasses though.

I'm personally in the camp where I think we well and truly got screwed over.
Talk me through how we got screwed, if you don't mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the top it's very even, we may get the player we want at 6. and I would not trade Baker & 6 for 3. of course the Eagles would it's a good deal for them.
No way 6 should be involved with 3.

Can't believe the whinging, pick 20 for 32 and a bunch of picks in the 40's we weren't going to use anyhow given our likely huge first round draft hand.

Let's get the Bolton, Baker and Rioli trades done and see if we can draft the core of our next premiership side!
Also lions would have had plenty of suitors for that pick

Talk me through how we got screwed, if you don't mind.
Well, maybe not screwed but it's a big price. It seemed like last year we were banking these picks to do something with not just trade up 12 spots at the cost of 4 picks. I guess this draft must be really strong up to 20+ and then falls off a cliff?

I'm no expert though, maybe the club feels that pick 1 of the rookie and Pre season draft is as good as pick 40+?

We were all stoked (and still are mostly) that we grabbed Mcaulife and Fawcett at 40-43. There's usually still a few pieces of gold at those picks.

Well, maybe not screwed but it's a big price. It seemed like last year we were banking these picks to do something with not just trade up 12 spots at the cost of 4 picks. I guess this draft must be really strong up to 20+ and then falls off a cliff?

I'm no expert though, maybe the club feels that pick 1 of the rookie and Pre season draft is as good as pick 40+?

We were all stoked (and still are mostly) that we grabbed Mcaulife and Fawcett at 40-43. There's usually still a few pieces of gold at those picks.
We're likely to have up to 6 picks in the top 20 and you are quibling over a pick in the 40's?

Do people not realise the dees have the picks that could have beaten us to pick 20 especially with the Brisbane guy having just nominated them. I imagine that might have been the reason it happened now and also the reason we paid what we did.

Do people not realise the dees have the picks that could have beaten us to pick 20 especially with the Brisbane guy having just nominated them. I imagine that might have been the reason it happened now and also the reason we paid what we did.

IMG_5417.jpeg

Did they?

Do you mean they would’ve also included pick 28 as well? So their entire draft hand except 5 for Pick 20? I don’t buy it tbh. On top of that they would want Sharp?

No club had the capacity to trade for pick 20. We also had the added leverage of using the bid for Ashcroft at one to sell the idea.

I’m not gonna cry over it and gonna wait to see what occurs by trade period end, but yes, we drastically overpaid here. I’m not certain why.

We're likely to have up to 6 picks in the top 20 and you are quibling over a pick in the 40's?
I'm not quibbing over anything, this is a discussion forum isn't it?

My point is, I believe we should have hung onto one of those picks, it was a lot to give up in my opinion.

And as far as I see, we seem to be counting a lot of picks and trades that so far haven't happened and Baker has fallen over today.

View attachment 2138685

Did they?

Do you mean they would’ve also included pick 28 as well? So their entire draft hand except 5 for Pick 20? I don’t buy it tbh. On top of that they would want Sharp?

No club had the capacity to trade for pick 20. We also had the added leverage of using the bid for Ashcroft at one to sell the idea.

I’m not gonna cry over it and gonna wait to see what occurs by trade period end, but yes, we drastically overpaid here. I’m not certain why.
Because both clubs know the kind of talent that will be available at 20 in this years draft. That’s why. It’s really not hard to grasp.

I'm not quibbing over anything, this is a discussion forum isn't it?

My point is, I believe we should have hung onto one of those picks, it was a lot to give up in my opinion.

And as far as I see, we seem to be counting a lot of picks and trades that so far haven't happened and Baker has fallen over today.
And if we did hold onto one and Brisbane say thanks but no thanks, then what? We don’t have all the power.

We get 6 for Rioli. 10 and 18 for Bolton.

So we have 1, 6, 10, 18, 20, 24, 51, 61, 70, 76

Do we ?

Trade 6 and 18 for Norf’s pick-2
Trade 10, Baker and a F2 for Eagles pick-3.

Enter draft with 1, 2, 3, 20, 24, 51, 61, 70, 76

FOS, Lalor and Jagga guaranteed, with a couple more quality picks to come in the 20’s, and another likely pick-1 gun in 2025 draft.

So when it’s all said and done it’s basically Rioli, Bolton and Baker for picks 2 and 3. You’re doing that every day of the week aren’t you?

I just hate the idea of FOS, Jagga, Draper and Langford all being better than Lalor and we miss out on them all and have to watch them dominate for other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back