• 6, 10, 11, 14

• 6, 10, 14, 18

• 6, 11, 14, 18

• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if Tigers might be throwing in something else, like a young player?

Mind you, 14 will be pick 17 on draft night and that is probably fair value for Baker.
kmac

If we gave LolNorth the two scenarios that you mentioned, we need to be getting pick 25 back

6 & 14 for 2 & 25
or 10 & 11 for 2 & 25

If i had a choice between dealing with north and the eagles id much prefer the eagles.
Cause we would hand over baker and 1 first rounder instead of two firsts if dealing with North
I'd open with those 2 options, but would be willing to do 6 & 11 for 2 & 25 when push comes to shove.

In your WCE scenario, it's still two firsts; 10/11 and 14 (Baker pick) for 3. If we did this, the 2nd player we really want in the draft might be gone by 3. Better to guarantee it.

I know you are just having a laugh but was thinking more along the lines of Steely Green, Kaleb Smith or even Blight.
We just re-signed them. We can fleece Clarke next year for these players. Green, Smith, Blight for Harley Reid seems fair, right? 3 > 1?

I'm actually mad at Blair a bit here.
No matter what the trade with Freo is, we are definitely getting pick 10.
How does Baker + 10 for 3 not get proposed???
Unless we use 10 for 2 or something.

I'm so confused.
We potentially could take 12 draft picks if we wanted (if we cut the dead weight Dow Cumbo Coulthard Colina Kmac)

We clearly prefer having an extra mid-first over 3, where we might not even get who we want.

We just re-signed them. We can fleece Clarke next year for these players. Green, Smith, Blight for Harley Reid seems fair, right? 3 > 1?

Not out of the question when we signed them we enquird whether they would object to being traded back home if it was a deal maker on one of our trades. Probably unlikely, but you never know.

So based on everything that’s floating around now, it looks like best case scenario is:

That’s based on 10,11 for Shai
14 for Baker
6 & 23 for Rioli with out later picks back to GC

The other scenario is that we accept Freos 10,18 and we have

Either war from here it looks like we end up with 1/3 of the top 24 picks.

I still think from there we will trade 6 & either 14,18 or 20 to North for Pick 2.

The thing I’m wondering is if we go Fos, Lalor combo at 1&2 will Carlton then potentially look to trade back from 3?

If Carlton really just want FOS and he is gone, will they look to trade back a few spots and secure a future first from someone in the 5-12 range that is desperate for one of the other key Mids on the board?

Is there potential that we could still land pick 3 on draft night by packing say 10 & 11 if we have them and offering them to Carlton who might be willing to move back again if FOS is off the board?

Happy Black And White GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk
starting to get a little queasy from this ride

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd open with those 2 options, but would be willing to do 6 & 11 for 2 & 25 when push comes to shove.

In your WCE scenario, it's still two firsts; 10/11 and 14 (Baker pick) for 3. If we did this, the 2nd player we really want in the draft might be gone by 3. Better to guarantee it.
this is the problem.

pick 3 does not cost you pick 6.

If someone is gone at pick 2 it is not a problem if you rate at least 3.

This is the problem, CFC see the draft better than RFC IMO otherwise RFC would not allow this to happen by including Bkaer in the trade to give up three because CFC will not be trading 3 if they get it

on top of that getting 3 for Bolton as part of the trade helps Bolton go, pick 2 could fall over because North does not know if the player they want will still be at six or whatever later pick so its a real gamble

So based on everything that’s floating around now, it looks like best case scenario is:

That’s based on 10,11 for Shai
14 for Baker
6 & 23 for Rioli with out later picks back to GC

The other scenario is that we accept Freos 10,18 and we have

Either war from here it looks like we end up with 1/3 of the top 24 picks.

I still think from there we will trade 6 & either 14,18 or 20 to North for Pick 2.

The thing I’m wondering is if we go Fos, Lalor combo at 1&2 will Carlton then potentially look to trade back from 3?

If Carlton really just want FOS and he is gone, will they look to trade back a few spots and secure a future first from someone in the 5-12 range that is desperate for one of the other key Mids on the board?

Is there potential that we could still land pick 3 on draft night by packing say 10 & 11 if we have them and offering them to Carlton who might be willing to move back again if FOS is off the board?
how do you know CFC are chasing FOS??? how do you know they are not bluffing?

Ignoring father sons and academies, I see a bigger drop off between 3 to 4 than 2-3 so I can see why CFC are chasing 3 even if FOS is gone

Here is the thing, what game changers are there at 10, 11 and 14? I would rather 3 and keep 6

I can live with someone using 2, you cannot get everything in life nor throw the kitchen sink out and we still have 6 as well. They also can be got later

I think there is a real chance North does not trade as they want a player, West Coast not so much near that range

Last edited:
OK, if Blues get pick 3 there is another move at least going on here.

They need points to match the Camporeales in 2024, and likely will need to shove some serious capital forward from next year into the 2026 draft to match on Cody Walker. At the moment they have nothing in 2025 of any real value.

They can't do all that and take a gun at number 3 here.

So maybe they do something like pick 3 to Port(who coincidentally were reported to have pulled out of the Houston to Collingwood deal, so that may explain their cold feet there.) Port give Blues Houston and Port's F1, + 38 and 59 to match the twins. So Blues would get Houston this year(+ the twins) then next year trade Port's first rounder forward to get points to match Walker.

Still doesn't fully explain why Eagles are accepting Baker and pick 12 for pick 3. But maybe Richmond are also throwing something back their way.

Quite confusing situation. But I cannot see how Blues trading up for 3 to take O'Sullivan plays any part in this unless the Blues are planning to release a valuable player somewhere along the line.

Imagine getting Pick 3 for 12 & 14 only to spend it on Dan Houston

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back