• 6, 10, 11, 14

• 6, 10, 14, 18

• 6, 11, 14, 18

• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

My finishing analogy was to take their assertion to an extreme place to highlight the ridiculous nature of it.

If you never have access to the players then you don't consider them. They only exist in the universe of the club that has buying rights. You can't factor in the value of something that is unattainable when determining value.

You can look through this thread and see that a lot of people understand this when it comes to Pick 24. There are a lot of posters talking about how it is valuable to have the first pick on the Second night because of "sliders". I am literally using the same line of logic.

I still think your finishing analogy is just plain weird. Also, it compares very different situations, so doesn’t really make any sense.

I don’t really subscribe to the first pick of round 2 having extra value myself. Don’t understand the logic, except that players have had a chance to reset and revalue priorities.

As for the middle bit, you are not factoring in the value of something that is unobtainable. In fact, you don’t care one whit for it, or the other players you don’t have a chance of obtaining with your measly pick 10. What you care about is that the player you wanted at 10 got picked up while you looked on with your newly degraded pick 11.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dont Be Late Lets Go GIF by The Democrats
Toby the tank nank doing ok just between you and me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think we had a bit more drive and polish with Houli. He seemed to play better in finals too. Look, the other two are gun players as well, I'd just take Houli ahead of them.

Taking just the portion of Rioli's career played at half back....statistically, in some parameters there isn't much between the 3. But Houli falls a fair way behind on contested possessions, tackles and pressure acts. They all have similar score involvement %'s. Houston is clearly ahead of both the Richmond players for coaches votes and player ratings, with Rioli comfortably in second place. Houston wins a lot more contests including a significant amount of contested marks compared to the other 2.

To my way of thinking, just watching with the naked eye, I would go:

1 Rioli
2 Houli
3 Houston

But on looking at their full statistical records, it is very clearly:

1 Houston
2 Rioli
3 Houli

Houli had a very tidy finals record, definitely better than his average home and away performance. His player rating for finals is maybe 9.5 average when you make reasonable adjustments for injuries etc. Rioli only played 1 final as a half back but it was against a team that is very good at nullifying half backs, but he did ok, rating 7.7. Houston's average finals player rating after adjustments is around 8.5. So you could fairly say Houli has finals performace over the other pair.

I loved Bachar, but I do think the other pair have better all-round games, and this is especially evident in the contest and defensive elements of the game.

Just heard from a mate that has ties to Richmond Socials team so take from this what you want but this is what I’ve been told:

The media team have finished work on the graphics for farewell Dan & Farewell Shai videos/ images etc.

The Rioli Trade is 6 & 23 for Rioli and our late picks

The Bolton trade is we get 10,11,18
Freo get Bolton & 14

Also got told we are likely to get 2 from Roos but not until after the trade period, it will be 6+11 for 2

I don’t know who the other pick is at 1&2 but Lalor is one of them.

Also the reason we are willing to swap 14 to ensure we get 10,11,18 is because we want to use 18 & 20 to pair the Whitlock twins.

Got told the media team is already busy putting together draftee videos for a bunch of players but the ones he knew were Lalor and the twins…

So looks like maybe we end up with 1,2,10,18,20,23,24 after the swaps are all done…
Wow thats pretty full on accurate. Hopefully it’s 10+11 and not 6+11. But I suppose live trading you will need to pay a little higher.
Whitlock twins? Might have a look at em

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back