• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Next year:

Something to swans
Warner to eagles
Harley to us
We have stayed on 2024 too long
It's time to start 2025 trade and free agency talk. I reckon it will be a year of development, so we will Land pick1 at the draft plus the picks that land from any pick swaps now. Don't think anyone else will want a trade home next year, or anyone of trade value really. So could be just a further reload year, maybe a front loaded free agent comes in as lynchs contract ends.

We've lost Grimes & Pickett too.

Dusty from the fwd/mid rotation out too. Campbell started forward but he runs better than he kicks goals. He'd be good on a wing.
we lost 4 half fwd/mids. We have MRJ, Clarke, Mansell.
If we see 2 kids come into the middle, gunna have to play Ross, Sonsie, Hopper, Taranto, Prestia at half fwd. None of them fantastic forwards.

Lynch back hopefully and Bauer too, both like a goal.

Any gun small forwards in the draft?

Speaking of Pickett I just got on a plane with him to Perth haha

Bloody hell. I thought you blokes talked a lot of shit during the trade period, but this is worse
Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

6, 11 and 24 for 2 and F1 from Norf?
23 to Weagles for Hawks F1 and Weagles F3?

Leaves us with 1, 2, 10, 18, 20 for the draft this year +
Likely pick 1, pick ~5 and pick ~15, pick ~19, ~pick 40 next year.
6 and 24 for 2 is fair.
Nothing more added on our end. Norths next pick is pick 62, so they will want another pick around the 20-30 mark and to only slide 4 spots for the first pick of the 2nd round would entice them enough.

Also look at Adelaide’s pick 4 if Carlton go for Draper @ pick 3.

And Carlton’s pick 3…

All 3 of those clubs have a really high pick and then nothing after. Down grading for an extra 2nd rounder would be intriguing for all these teams imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a feeling we're keeping our early picks and only deal with 18 and 20 for first round selections in 2025. 24 we may use take the next best in second round.
I see us possibly using our first 6 picks & then like last draft utilize 23 & 24 to go back in the draft & pick up future picks for next season.

If it’s supposed to be the best draft as in good players all the way through why would we gives picks away for next draft
Flexibility for next years trade period
Gives the ability us to be in the running for a big fish player target or ability to trade into better picks again or even the year after

Flexibility for next years trade period
Gives us to be in the running for a big fish player target or ability to trade into better picks again or even the year after
Yeah I just hope like next years draft might be shizrn after pick 6 type thing and this years 18,23,24 could be guns in the long run

Yeah I just hope like next years draft might be shizrn after pick 6 type thing and this years 18,23,24 could be guns in the long run
That’s always the risk but if you look at our list as well it’s extremely unlikely we take 8 players in the national draft

It would mean having no selections in the pre season draft or pre season supplemental period and historically our club likes to have options for those two things as well because we have found some success with them

They could also all be duds. I guess we just have to hope the club has planned accordingly and if there are three names still on the board we like, then we grab them, or we listen to the offers that comes. As long as we have the flexibility to do either, I'd be super happy. We won't know for a while if any of these guys are boom or bust. I would love for us to get Dees and Bombers first rounders somehow next year as I could see both bottom 6.

They could also all be duds. I guess we just have to hope the club has planned accordingly and if there are three names still on the board we like, then we grab them, or we listen to the offers that comes. As long as we have the flexibility to do either, I'd be super happy. We won't know for a while if any of these guys are boom or bust. I would love for us to get Dees and Bombers first rounders somehow next year as I could see both bottom 6.
5cc5dd567a2b1a41948db04603cf472a.gif

That’s always the risk but if you look at our list as well it’s extremely unlikely we take 8 players in the national draft

It would mean having no selections in the pre season draft or pre season supplemental period and historically our club likes to have options for those two things as well because we have found some success with them
We could still delist another 3 players without breaking out a sweat
Dow , McIntosh , Coultard , Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back