List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

What Picks Will Richmond Get For Baker Bolton & Rioli

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't see the AFL being that blatant. Top 6 teams play bottom 6 teams a minimum 1 and maximum 2 times. They wouldn't dare give them the maximum games against the 2 bottom teams no less. The rare unbiased media would point that out, let alone the angry talk back callers

They have magically drawn weakest team North Melbourne twice in 3 of the last 4 seasons. I would say that it pretty blatant. Amazingly, not a peep out of anyone.

13 games v Eagles and Roos over the last 4 seasons. :oops:

Last edited:
Why doesn’t our academy produce kids like this

Oh that’s right we don’t have one

We do. It’s just that the afl, in its usual wisdom, overreacted to JUH going at 1 and made a knee jerk decision to stop letting the non northern clubs pick them up for free before 40.

They then did surprised pikachu face when clubs, no longer seeing any benefit from the academies, stopped funding them.

And unfortunately clubs can’t pick up from 5 years ago with these academies but need to go back to square 1.

Can’t even blame Laura Kane for it, was before her, proving that the afl has always been incompetent.

Last edited:
Anybody reckon we pick up Membrey in the PSD? Should be good to cover the kids and heard Pies are interested in him. We could legit prevent them winning a flag lol
Hulu No GIF by Davey And Jonesie's Locker

We do. It’s just that the afl, in its usual wisdom, overreacted to JUH going at 1 and made a knee jerk decision to stop letting the non northern clubs pick them up for free before 40.

They then did surprised pikachu face when clubs, no longer seeing any benefit from the academies, stopped funding them.

And unfortunately clubs can’t pick up from 5 years with these academies but need to go back to square 1.

Can’t even blame Laura Kane for it, was before her, proving that the afl has always been incompetent.

I blame

giphy-downsized.gif

Top 6 teams play bottom 6 teams a minimum 1 and maximum 2 times. They wouldn't dare give them the maximum games against the 2 bottom teams no less.
I wouldn't put anything past them.

They have magically drawn weakest team North Melbourne twice in 3 of the last 4 seasons. I would say that it pretty blatant. Amazingly, ot a peep out of anyone.

Minimum 8, maximum 16 times. 13 seems like a fairly normal distribution to me.

Until you remember that the draw is weighted to have top 6 play each other twice more often and bottom 6 play each other twice more often.

Until you remember that the draw is weighted to have top 6 play each other twice more often and bottom 6 play each other twice more often.
Yeah, not one particular top 6 side playing the bottom 6 twice more often.

They have magically drawn weakest team North Melbourne twice in 3 of the last 4 seasons. I would say that it pretty blatant. Amazingly, ot a peep out of anyone.

That's unbelievable, thanks for pointing it out.

Guess the AFL are now going to have to drop the North double up, which is only fair given that they should be more competitive next year. I wonder who'll they get as the other double matchup?

The so called 'Weighted Rule' is bullshit anyway. Each team plays everyone else and then there's 6 double matchups with the maximum amount of doubles spread over the (funnily enough) 6-6-6 ratings on the ladder.

If you finish in the top 6, then the minimum doubles against other top 6 teams is 2, the maximum doubles against the middle 6 is 2 and the maximum against the bottom 6 is also 2

If you finish in the bottom 6 then the minimum double against a bottom 6 is 2, the maximum against a middle 6 is 2 and the maximum against a top 6 team is 2.

There's no discernable difference in the allocation of double ups whether you're a top 6 or bottom 6 team

Each team played each opponent 1.32 times per season on average over the last 4 years.

1.32 x 4 = 5.3 x a random team would play another random team on average over the 4 seasons.

Geelong has played NORTH 7 times ad Eagles 6 times.

So 13 matches against these clubs rather than 10.6. Roughly 25% more than "a fairly normal distribution."

Then factor in should be playing them less often than a random distribution due to the preferential draw....

Does is still look fairly normal to you?

Each team played each opponent 1.32 times per season on average over the last 4 years.

1.32 x 4 = 5.3 x a random team would play another random team on average over the 4 seasons.

Geelong has played NORTH 7 times ad Eagles 6 times.

So 13 matches against these clubs rather than 10.6. Roughly 25% more than "a fairly normal distribution."

Then factor in should be playing them less often than a random distribution due to the preferential draw....

Does is still look fairly normal to you?
And toss in about 10 home games...
What a dream run...scatters mafia in action!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back