Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is that's it's folly to trade away your future for the now, Richmond are re-signing/trading/drafting for a sustainable future as well as attempting to strengthen immediately, the most difficult but also the most responsible way to go.
Consistently good first round picks will build a long term successful club, trade one if the right win/win can be found but, and it's only my view, trading two years first round picks will be a long term mistake.
Depends on what you consider success.
We should be about winning premierships, in which case our time is now. 2 franchise clubs with great lists are maturing rapidly. Most of our other immediate competitors are a year or two behind us. The powerhouse clubs of the last 5 years are weakening. There is a two year window of opportunity now. It's a gamble but putting 2 future talents in the line to receive one ready made gun is a risk i would take for the right player.

So next year, we'll be going to draft table in desperate need for that top line midfielder, even greater need for a replacement ruckman after Ivan's poor body cant give anything else.... and we go into another trade period thinking that that'll just happen? Again....

Fk me... there's no Plan B at this club. None. We had to 'hit' on an elite midfielder or a ruckman this year...
FA Brother FA.

All this talk of two first rounders is out of control, IMO.
Nick Vlaustin and Jack Reiwoldt (plus Lennon) for Wines???
Nick and Jack are the equivalent of two first round picks, any two combinations will do.
Just as likely those first round picks could be a Lucas Cook or Jimmy Toumpas.
Ollie Wines is gun and exactly what we need.

Its overs I agree but its what will be required to move a player of his quality.

Maybe keep Lennon and throw in Astbury or Griffiths.

Henderson is slow, gets beaten consistently as a backman, in our eliminaton final Maric. Left him for dead to kick his epic goal. Also as a forward he can't get separation, Rance destroyed him.
Well if his so bad god help us with yarran.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make no mistake our window is open now for about the next 3-4 years max.

This years 1st round and next years 1st round will struggle to make immediate impacts to help us win the premiership and thats assuming we nail them.

Im willing to give up both and a player for a proven player who will be in our top5 players immediately.

Also please take into consideration how high our 1st round pick will be. Its not like we are giving up pick 5 and pick 7.
Likely scenario is this years will be about pick 14 and next years pick 16 easily worth a player like Ollie Wines.

This. Perfect example of taking risks that gives you rewards..! FFS if norf can take risks why the F*** can't we................

Risks look fantastic when they come off, but what about Chris Knights, Mitch Clark, Dayle Garlett, Karmichael hunt, Buddy (right now especially) ect...

I don't disagree with taking risks but i think its unfair to suggest the club has never taken risks but instead has been burnt by the likes of Knights, Troy Taylor and Hampson ect...

Are Richmond after anyone else with credentials besides Yarran? Would seem like a poor trade period by them if they are not
  • Chris Vernuccio
    possibly some news coming soon on superfooty

EDIT: DOOOZY

Are Richmond after anyone else with credentials besides Yarran? Would seem like a poor trade period by them if they are not
  • Chris Vernuccio
    possibly some news coming soon on superfooty

EDIT: DOOOZY
We have to be.

I just refuse to believe we are only after Yarran.
Club has publicly stated we have cash and the time is now to make a play for someone big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back