Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trade period

tumblr_m1powhRVdz1rqnp16o1_r1_500.gif

Haha SOS....what a fukn rookie!

Keep our first rounder, Yarran for 19 and townsend for a sniff of megan gales jocks

Win. Win. Win.

And a win for Gws getting to sniff meg gales jocks!

I really want to jump back on the carlton board and give it to them !! Sos caved lol is sos we trust please... And they didnt get tomlinson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy enough. Thought we'd be more active to be honest based on what I heard pre trade period, but...

To get Yarran and Townsend
Lock away Lennon for 2 more years
Retain Astbury and pick 12

It's a C+ grading, but I'd take it.

I'd be interested in obtaining Adcock as a delisted FA too for experience and depth.

So Carlton accept the offer that was originally offered 12 days ago - gahhh. Glad we stood firm though.

Part of me thinks that if they played the ball and not the man, they could have done deals after the Yaz deal that would have ensured they kept Menzel.

The only trade for them that was good was getting 11 from the Dogs. All the rest was pus. lolz if we draft a player at 12 that makes pick 11 look like Tambling!!

I disagree.

Townsend won't be in the team (at least for now) so that won't help our midfield issues.

Chaplin and Maric are only going backwards and we haven't addressed that at all.

I love how Maric and Chaplin (who are both still playing good footy) are massive concerns at the ripe old age of 29.

Meanwhile Fremantle have something like twelve 29+ year olds on their list (most of them best 22), Hawthorn have about six 30 year olds (3 of which have retired), Sydney have 7+ best 22 players over 29 (Goodes and Pyke have already retired) and North have an average age of ~27

How will we ever make up ground on these clubs without throwing away our entire future on a doozy?

Bar closed.

Underwhelming trade period, overall. Hooray for Yarran, but a slimmer return than expected
I think we've come out of it alright. We kept Lennon and Astbury, plus gained Yarran without losing our first pick and Townsend for pretty much nothing

Bar closed.

Underwhelming trade period, overall. Hooray for Yarran, but a slimmer return than expected

Not really as it was known from a week out that Treloar was going to Collingwood, which basically left only Yarran and Treloars back up, which as we know ended up being Townsend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back