Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is your username Silvagnii?

Because it is my last name minus the second I.

Reckon your comment was in good humour. If we are laughing at ourselves then I don't see why others can't contribute a smirk and a thumbs up.

It was. I was actually interested in seeing if you guys were actually going to get Treloar and then I got that when I clicked the link....

Because it is my last name minus the second I.

It was. I was actually interested in seeing if you guys were actually going to get Treloar and then I got that when I clicked the link....
SOS is that you?

Theres a young man that kicked 6 for Tassie on the weekend we should look at
resize
giphy.gif

Disagree. Scott hasn't topped up for a quick fix. The players he's brought in are all 25 years old and their team is actually quite young if you have a look. They identified there is a big age gap between their older players and younger players, with tomahawk and Selwood the only ones in the middle. Dangerfield and Henderson can play and while the jury is still out on Smith he's shown a can play.
So what happens when Mackie, Enright, Bartel and Lonergan all potentially calling it quits next year, with no picks left and considering they cant touch any of their 1st rounders, who are they going to bring in to replace these four, mark my words trading for Dangerspud instead of getting him in on FA will hurt them long term.

So what happens when Mackie, Enright, Bartel and Lonergan all potentially calling it quits next year, with no picks left and considering they cant touch any of their 1st rounders, who are they going to bring in to replace these four, mark my words trading for Dangerspud instead of getting him in on FA will hurt them long term.
That's exactly what they're planning for? They are hoping Thurlow comes on and replaces Mackie and I'm sure they have someone in mind for Enright. They'll hope Kolodjashnij will replace Lonergan, or even Henderson as a replacement. And as good as we think Bartel is, you'll find a lot of Geelong supporters will see him as replaceable with someone like Mitch Duncan.
Also, calling him Dangerspud just makes you sound salty.

Last edited:
GWS coach Leon Cameron has promised to help Cam McCarthy to see more of his family next year after refusing his request to be traded to Fremantle.

Fremantle is prepared to trade two first-round draft picks but the Giants aren’t interested. They want McCarthy to finish his contract.

- West Australian

Looks like someone is finally standing their ground...or not. Who can know with all this posturing going on.

Had to do it, but I can't see them being a serious threat next year

GWS coach Leon Cameron has promised to help Cam McCarthy to see more of his family next year after refusing his request to be traded to Fremantle.

Fremantle is prepared to trade two first-round draft picks but the Giants aren’t interested. They want McCarthy to finish his contract.

- West Australian

Looks like someone is finally standing their ground...or not. Who can know with all this posturing going on.

Kinda admire them for doing so. But he did say, through his agent that "He has no wish to wear the GWS jumper ever again". That's pretty firm and GWS could really bend them over. I'd do it if I was GWS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As it is in this draft Geelong has picks 67, 85, 103, 121, 139, 157, 175 if they stick with 40 on the senior list. Thats 5-7 kids coming out of the end of a very shallow draft that are going to be stuck there on 2 year contracts

So the deadline has passed for unrestricted FA's, yeah?
Stanton - the dream is gone.

Moving on
Is trade week still on?

Is yarran still coming?

Is the earth Flat?

- West Australian

Boy-watching-a-3-D-OCP0219635.jpg

That's exactly what they're planning for? They are hoping Thurlow comes on and replaces Mackie and I'm sure they have someone in mind for Enright. They'll hope Kolodjashnij will replace Lonergan, or even Henderson as a replacement. And as good as Bartel is I think you'll find a lot of Geelong supporters will see him as replaceable with someone like Mitch Duncan.
Also, calling him Dangerspud just makes you sound salty.
The four players i mentioned are all part of their backline with Taylor to enter the 30's next year as well.

Had to do it, but I can't see them being a serious threat next year

Kinda admire them for doing so. But he did say, through his agent that "He has no wish to wear the GWS jumper ever again". That's pretty firm and GWS could really bend them over. I'd do it if I was GWS
I remember early working days being on the end of a stern talking to about responsibility and staying the course. Snapped me out of my self centered thinking and was the best thing a boss has ever done for me.

As it is in this draft Geelong has picks 67, 85, 103, 121, 139, 157, 175 if they stick with 40 on the senior list. Thats 5-7 kids coming out of the end of a very shallow draft that are going to be stuck there on 2 year contracts

Wells will still probably pull out a bunch of gems though. Unlike Francis, he has a pretty decent track record after the 1st round. :straining:

This has been a pathetic trade period from Richmond though.

I'm happy we've got Townsend for a cheap pick, and I look forward to seeing how the kid goes, but our lack of activity aside from that is absolutely shitful.

Why on earth have there been absolutely no updates from the club today?

I'm happy we've got Townsend for a cheap pick, and I look forward to seeing how the kid goes, but our lack of activity aside from that is absolutely shitful.

Despite all the media hype about today and for that matter last Friday nothing of consequence has gone down. It's not just us it's across the board.

Maybe cause there is nothing to update. Out of left field I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back